Simon Colyn

Northvansteve

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We took Brym to an even bigger tournament when he was playing in the same division at a lower level than Colyn. 

The Gold Cup?  The only tournament he's been to with Canada was the 2023 Gold Cup this summer and it was a A/B rotated squad at that as well.  And technically this summer, his loan was over and he was back with Sparta Rotterdam who is in the top flight.

Edited by Corazon

47 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

That's the team I Would field for T and T

...............    Crepeau/Borjan............

Layrea.   LDF      Miller.    Davies

Buchanan  Fraser   Eustaquio Schaff

Colyn 

David

picking fraser over kone should send the manager straight to jail. 

On 12/21/2023 at 12:03 PM, Bigandy said:

picking fraser over kone should send the manager straight to jail. 

Well Koné Can't play holding mid it was shown when you lost Vs Jamaica overkept possession and is a replacement for Eustaquio

Fraser for age stature and work ethic is better for the idea of leaving Eustaquio as playmaker.  LdF is the future leader bring him asap 

Shaffenburg is your best left midfielder by a mile ,  has a bit of Damien Duff on him a good dribbler and very precise.  On Colyn you need new spark there and he is the best there from a bunch 

You have to shake the tree after that upset 

As an Argentine with all due respect I know football better I watch it better and I have football sense ,  don't know anything about other sports like basketball nor hockey nor rich boys rugby shit   I know this sport by heart.  

My best Canada eleven at the best is the following 

................Creapeau or Borjan.............

Layrea  LDF    Miller Adkg or Davies

Buchanan Fraser Eustq Shaffenburg

Colyn. 

David

Reserves 

Keepers Creapeau or Borjan , 3rd St Clair or McGill

Defenders Johnston / McNaughton/Vitoria( last year) /Kennedy/Davies or Adkgb 

Mid / Millar / Paton / Koné/ Koleosho 

Fwds Larin Cavallini Corbeanu

These are the best 25 players I would take from now,  maybe Osorio and Junior for Koleosho and Cavallini  and Piette or Paton.

3 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Well Koné Can't play holding mid it was shown when you lost Vs Jamaica overkept possession and is a replacement for Eustaquio

Fraser for age stature and work ethic is better for the idea of leaving Eustaquio as playmaker.  LdF is the future leader bring him asap 

Shaffenburg is your best left midfielder by a mile ,  has a bit of Damien Duff on him a good dribbler and very precise.  On Colyn you need new spark there and he is the best there from a bunch 

You have to shake the tree after that upset 

As an Argentine with all due respect I know football better I watch it better and I have football sense ,  don't know anything about other sports like basketball nor hockey nor rich boys rugby shit   I know this sport by heart.  

My best Canada eleven at the best is the following 

................Creapeau or Borjan.............

Layrea  LDF    Miller Adkg or Davies

Buchanan Fraser Eustq Shaffenburg

Colyn. 

David

Reserves 

Keepers Creapeau or Borjan , 3rd St Clair or McGill

Defenders Johnston / McNaughton/Vitoria( last year) /Kennedy/Davies or Adkgb 

Mid / Millar / Paton / Koné/ Koleosho 

Fwds Larin Cavallini Corbeanu

These are the best 25 players I would take from now,  maybe Osorio and Junior for Koleosho and Cavallini  and Piette or Paton.

I love the take here. It's a fresh perspective and I appreciate that. I am not sure I agree with a lot of it, but you've caught my attention on a few things.

Firstly, Fraser is a player we should probably continue to invest in. He's always been pretty decent for Canada and he does have a lot of experience in the group already. Would kind of be a waste to invest this time in him to date, only to neglect or overlook him. We talk about transitioning away from Oso and MAK was a surprise recall to begin with. We've tried Ahmen, Choniere, and Paton and should continue to do so, but Fraser should be in this conversation too, provided he plays well and often at Dallas. It's been a great start and he was left standing well after Ahmed and Choniere got eliminated from the MLS post season. Fraser a sleeper for 2024?

Secondly, Colyn should have just as good a chance as any player yet to be called up to the senior team. Having a good club season by all acounts, but do we need to wait before he makes the jump? The writing is already on the wall imo. This guy will be in the Eredivisie soon. He's pretty young at 21 years old. Maybe the Copa America (if we get there) is the time to invest in him. I haven't watched him much lately, but he's got an interesting profile, more attacking than Paton, Choniere and Ahmed. More of an in between player given the midfielders and strikers we have. Could be a good choice to bring him sooner than later. 

Finally, Schaffeburg does deserve some love. I am not sure he's ahead of Millar but he's pretty close if not. The guy is coming off a very strong MLS season at a good MLS club and played a lot of games and did well for Canada when he came on. I think he'll continue to progress and linger in the conversation for a call up, at minimum. 

Edited by Obinna

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I love the take here. It's a fresh perspective and I appreciate that. I am not sure I agree with a lot of it, but you've caught my attention on a few things.

Firstly, Fraser is a player we should probably continue to invest in. He's always been pretty decent for Canada and he does have a lot of experience in the group already. Would kind of be a waste to invest this time in him to date, only to neglect or overlook him. We talk about transitioning away from Oso and MAK was a surprise recall to begin with. We've tried Ahmen, Choniere, and Paton and should continue to do so, but Fraser should be in this conversation too, provided he plays well and often at Dallas. It's been a great start and he was left standing well after Ahmed and Choniere got eliminated from the MLS post season. Fraser a sleeper for 2024?

Secondly, Colyn should have just as good a chance as any player yet to be called up to the senior team. Having a good club season by all acounts, but do we need to wait before he makes the jump? The writing is already on the wall imo. This guy will be in the Eredivisie soon. He's pretty young at 21 years old. Maybe the Copa America (if we get there) is the time to invest in him. I haven't watched him much lately, but he's got an interesting profile, more attacking than Paton, Choniere and Ahmed. More of an in between player given the midfielders and strikers we have. Could be a good choice to bring him sooner than later. 

Finally, Schaffeburg does deserve some love. I am not sure he's ahead of Millar but he's pretty close if not. The guy is coming off a very strong MLS season at a good MLS club and played a lot of games and did well for Canada when he came on. I think he'll continue to progress and linger in the conversation for a call up, at minimum. 

Love Schaffeburg coming off the bench a nice weapon to have on the bench but I would start Millar ahead of him if it came down to who to start between the two . However, if both are on the bench these are two great options to have when looking at the bench and needing to make changes .

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

You guys are missing the main takeaway.   Javier is from Argentina and is the authority on all things footy.  So leaving Davies and Kone on the bench to start a massive game is low key genius.  

No mate,  you know Koné is a direct replacement fit for Eustaquio Is one or the other .  Remember lampard Gerrard?  Well never worked because they were too freaking alike.   You don't have to field the best players but the best in a particular position.  

It is a must for Canada to play a back 4 ,  like Brazil , France , Jamaica, Japan, Greece, Netherlands  and Argentina.  Forget the back 5 is nonsense for a game unless you change it at some point as a tactic.  

I like Davies and he is a great asset but he behaves as prima Donna ,  and this is football, by the end of the day is a good fast  number 3 at BMunich,   He is a good passer of the ball too ,  but he needs ti keep his act together.  I watched Canada Vs Jamaica away and at home.  The coach couldn't realize what was going on. 

I gave you the answer for the playoffs you can play Davies on right midfield move Buchanan to left midfielder with Colyn as 10 behind David or Larin (if David not fit)

Anyway for me Adekugbe is a better left back 3 than Davies ,  but that's only my opinion,  I could also say that Laryea is better 3 than Davies 

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

I think Shaff was one of the brightest spots on our B squad from this summer, but I don’t think he’s ahead of Millar, and I don’t think it’s particularly close. JS did have 4G/4A, but he was one of the lowest rated players on Nashville all year (3rd to the bottom, close to former future CANMNT star Teal Bunbury), was not starting every day. Since his goal for Canada this summer, he scored a single goal (and 3 assists, nice). 

Liam Millar has regularly looked like one of, if not the best player on Preston (or on the pitch at large) in a lot of his games he’s played, he has 2G/3A in 17 games vs. JS’ 4/4 in 30. Even though it’s now been two years, Liam’s first season on Basel where he was one of the best players on the team that finished second in Switzerland- I don’t think you can point to a similarly dominant run of form that Shaff has ever had where you can see what he looks like when he’s really on fire. Also has 3 Europa goals to his name, and while I don’t watch enough Shaffelburg to confidently judge his form beyond his numbers, we all know LM’s numbers only tell half the story when it comes to how good he is. 

Also, even if they play different positions, I take Corbeanu over Shaffelburg any day. If we’re going wing heavy, I think he’s a guy you absolutely need in the mix. 

Edited by InglewoodJack