Jonathan David

Vince193

5 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

One of my favourite comments I’ve seen from a Lille fan on Twitter.

English translation:

over time we will have to talk again about this incredible machine that is Jonhatan David...never injured, 3 lungs, the coolness of a hitman...his replacement will be crucial for the future of the club...what a player ..which player..”

3 lungs.   That's a gooder.

14 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

2 goals away from Mbappe when you take away pens would be amazing if he can catch up to him.

Just to be accurate, David has two penalties, so without them it's 18 to 14. 

Still, PSG has the capacity to run up scores and beat up on rivals, opening up defenses, while Lille has close games and has actually lost a lot of points stupidly, being drawn late for example. 

44 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

David has 17 goals in the league this season. I don’t think the screenshot on that post had been updated with yesterday’s tally.

I glanced at some back pages and only thought he scored two since the last update and I always wait at least 12 hours before posting (after a goal) but you are correct.

This report says that David's entourage have agreed personal terms with Napoli.

Napoli just needs to agree on the transfer fee with Lille.

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/napoli-scatto-su-david-per-superare-il-milan-e-il-fattore-fonsec-96257

Edit: It does say that Milan are looking at Lille coach Fonseca as a potential replacement for Pioli. If that happens, Fonseca could want to take David with him to Milan. But reports from Milan sources say their directors prefer Sesko and Zirkzee.

Edited by masster

34 minutes ago, masster said:

Napoli, sprint on David to overcome Milan and the Fonseca factor
Daniele Longo calciomercato.com April 20 2024

Napoli tries to target Jonathan David. In recent days, an important contact took place between the Italian club and the agents of the strong Canadian striker which led to a draft agreement on the contractual terms.

THE DETAILS - David's entourage said yes to Napoli's offer: a salary of 3 million per season with a 5-year contract (therefore, until 2029). An agreement remains to be found with Lille for which there is a range of 10 million euros: 35 is the offer while the request is around 45 million.

MILAN AT THE WINDOW - Napoli's move has the main objective of getting ahead of the Premier League clubs but also Milan who have taken their time with David while waiting to define the name of the new coach. The Rossoneri are also evaluating Fonseca who has a special relationship with Jonathan built at Lille: the possible appointment of the Portuguese coach could lead Moncada to turn to the 2000 class for the attack. At present, however, Napoli have taken important steps on David for the post-Osimhen period.

4 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Does that mean I have to stitch two graphics together

I don't think so - it just means @Obinna gets to kick us Balogun supporters in the crotch every time you post.  Which, tbf, is both entertaining and probably deserved.  (I know I'll never say anything good about that guy again 😉)

Edited by GasPed

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

I am glad you view it as acceptable, as I may just ask the question everytime @Joe MacCarthy posts the leaderboard between now and the rest of the season.

I hadn't commented on his play compared to David, since I never watched or followed him with his club.  But I did think he looked really dangerous in those first matches with the USA.  The question of who was better did cross my mind, he's definitely a different type of striker that was on a hot streak at the time.

Team David here.