Jonathan David

Vince193

Usually he makes great runs that are seen too late but he seems to be on a different wavelength than his teammates today. Still involved and getting onto the end of that chance should make him hungry to put the next one in. 

Not his best half. Lille playing decently overall, Villa made a bunch of mistakes that Martinez bailed them out on. I think Villa tightens it up for the second half, not anticipating too many more chances for Lille

Lille getting chances because Villa has been quite poor, but not a ton of quality in the first half. David hasn't been great, passed one out of play, miscontrolled a couple, muscled off the ball a couple times. Luckily Villa look like they can be had so I'm sure he will get another chance or two in the second half but these are the moments where he needs to take that next step.

Just now, El Diego said:

Not his best half. Lille playing decently overall, Villa made a bunch of mistakes that Martinez bailed them out on. I think Villa tightens it up for the second half, not anticipating too many more chances for Lille

I think their injuries are leaving them wanting in midfield, I hope they don't bunker and want to keep playing. Otherwise it will be a dull second half.

37 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

By obstructing the Lille defender.

Watched it back

That type of jostling happens all the time at corners.  (I just watched Tah try to undress Michail Antonio) 

Ismaily decided to throw himself to the ground instead of fighting through it.  

Still no excuse for letting Watkins set up with that much space. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Watched it back

That type of jostling happens all the time at corners.  (I just watched Tah try to undress Michail Antonio) 

Ismaily decided to throw himself to the ground instead of fighting through it.  

Still not excuse for letting Watkins set up with that much space. 

Yeah I thought it might have been a foul, but on replay it became clearer that it was not. The real inexcusable part is that Villa did the same play on the corner right before and I guess the Lille defenders didn't learn from it. This isn't even to mention that the corners began from Yoro being soft as butter on Watkins chasing down a lost ball.

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was my TNT play by play calling Zhegrova by the name of Jacovy all night?

Lille need at least one or they are probably going out, as they do not dominate at home like they should either.

I was going to say you might have heard "Jacobin" but surely not as Zhegrova was on the right wing

Just now, El Diego said:

I was going to say you might have heard "Jacobin" but surely not as Zhegrova was on the right wing

Does anyone watching the TNT broadcast, with the woman doing colour, know what kind of accent the gentleman has? Very nasal, but I suppose it is true to some part of England.

Well this is about as bleak as it gets from a David perspective. This is what I was saying that when the most eyes are on David, he's invisible. It's why there's so many people who don't rate him. And I don't blame them tbh, if this is all I've seen from him I wouldn't think he's anywhere near Prem level either. I thought this game would be one where he would show that he's taken a step but he certainly isn't winning any new fans tonight.

(hopeful reverse-jinx post)

1 minute ago, frmr said:

Well this is about as bleak as it gets from a David perspective. This is what I was saying that when the most eyes are on David, he's invisible. It's why there's so many people who don't rate him. And I don't blame them tbh, if this is all I've seen from him I wouldn't think he's anywhere near Prem level either. I thought this game would be one where he would show that he's taken a step but he certainly isn't winning any new fans tonight.

(hopeful reverse-jinx post)

Not able to make things happen on his own. 

Actually clawed one back