Jonathan David

Vince193

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He's pretty gassed though.

Need to end this before penalties, for my heart if nothing else. 

They can’t even sub him off now, I don’t think they have anyone to replace him with.

Too bad, they played well.

The whole way a round of penalties is done is terrible lately. 

First, the ref should just shut up, the players are nervous enough as it is. And at no time during a game are they required to listen to him give a speech about the rules. So why do they insist on this attitude with keepers, as if they were unable to understand the rules.

Then, the refs stand far to close to the penalty take. I don't understand why the guys have to be in the middle of the play, in the keeper's and taker's line of sight. They often even do this in in-game penalties where you have players who have every right to follow a shot into the box. Just get back, you can see the entire penalty keeper and taker, like beyond the line of the 6-yard box. 

I love the way penalties used to be, you just took them, and there was a rhythm to it, and the rounds were far more enjoyable.

As for Martínez, well look, Labbe did a similar thing to win us gold in Tokyo, when it goes your way it's genius.

Chevalier did well to stop one of the penalties but let's be honest, Martinez is arguably the best in the world in a penalty shootout. After Villa equalized, Lille really needed to find a goal in extra time, which they were unlucky not to. Unlucky on the whole night really, they deserved to win. Too bad.

20 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Too bad, they played well.

The whole way a round of penalties is done is terrible lately. 

First, the ref should just shut up, the players are nervous enough as it is. And at no time during a game are they required to listen to him give a speech about the rules. So why do they insist on this attitude with keepers, as if they were unable to understand the rules.

Then, the refs stand far to close to the penalty take. I don't understand why the guys have to be in the middle of the play, in the keeper's and taker's line of sight. They often even do this in in-game penalties where you have players who have every right to follow a shot into the box. Just get back, you can see the entire penalty keeper and taker, like beyond the line of the 6-yard box. 

I love the way penalties used to be, you just took them, and there was a rhythm to it, and the rounds were far more enjoyable.

As for Martínez, well look, Labbe did a similar thing to win us gold in Tokyo, when it goes your way it's genius.

They seem to change the rules every year so I assume the ref is giving a refresher.

But on topic, doesn't look like JD bumped his stock too much for any casual EPL fans over the two legs, as much as I'd love him in England. Still sounds like Inter might be interested? He and Tajon on the same field is even better

Just now, themodelcitizen said:

They seem to change the rules every year so I assume the ref is giving a refresher.

But on topic, doesn't look like JD bumped his stock too much for any casual EPL fans over the two legs, as much as I'd love him in England. Still sounds like Inter might be interested? He and Tajon on the same field is even better

Apparently a move to Napoli is 99% done

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Apparently a move to Napoli is 99% done

Yeah sounding like Napoli might be likely. The only other thing I've seen is that Chelsea could challenge them on that, but not sure how much truth there is in that, and not sure how attractive that dumpster fire would be right now.