Jonathan David

Vince193

11 hours ago, kacbru said:

But I can also see Lille's perspective - worst case scenario they are in Europa League next year.  They will have to replace David.  That won't come cheap.  If Osimhen was bought for $70M four years ago, and can be priced at $130M, surely David is worth more than $32M?  There is a point at which it is in Lille's interest to walk away from a sale and risk that he goes on a free in order to get another season with him.  That point is likely well below $32M, but the point exists.

And to flip this around, from David’s perspective he may be okay with one more season at Lille and letting his contract wind down since he would be able to cash in with higher wages if a destination club saves a $30-$50M transfer fee.  He would be an extremely attractive target for a wide range of clubs if he was available on a free transfer.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

And to flip this around, from David’s perspective he may be okay with one more season at Lille and letting his contract wind down since he would be able to cash in with higher wages if a destination club saves a $30-$50M transfer fee.  He would be an extremely attractive target for a wide range of clubs if he was available on a free transfer.  

Maybe Champions League again.  3 points back and 6 league games to go, including Monaco (away) who they are immediately chasing and Nice (home) who are right behind them.  

1 hour ago, masster said:

la-gazzetta-dello-sport-050807697.jpg.thumb.webp.6b6e5af8d8eee13ca18e1ae996f8c747.webp

Says

-the financial differences mentioned earlier - Napoli want 35M with add-ons, Lille want 50M - shouldn't be hard to work out because the clubs have a good relationship.  

-David is okay with going whether Napoli make Champions League or not. He likes the set-up.

- Will triple his wages - to 3 million Euros.  (not sure how correct the original salary is)

- Club president wants to get it done before others come sniffing around.

- Quote from David, given to another source, essentially saying : not sure who my agent has spoken to, I am concentrating on the pitch.

Whether they will in be in Europe at all is in doubt. 6 games to go and 10 points off a Champions League spot (with 3 clubs in between) is a hard ask.  Though with the new format, Italy is one the leagues that is currently getting an extra spot. If so, it's 6 points back, having played one more game than Roma and 2 clubs in between.

Lazio, Juventus, Atalanta (all ahead of them) and Fiorentina (behind) are the teams left in the cup with its Europa League spot. 

By my reckoning, best case scenario, they are currently occupying the Conference League spot, losing the head to head tie-break with Lazio I believe. 

Forza Azzuri

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On 4/17/2024 at 11:25 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Maybe Champions League again.  3 points back and 6 league games to go, including Monaco (away) who they are immediately chasing and Nice (home) who are right behind them.  

They're currently in a champions league third round qualifying spot as they are 4th in the table, 5 point clear of Nice. 

Napoli would be a great spot in my opinion. A step up, but not a massive one which could see him rooted to the bench after a few off performances. Would be great if they sneak into Conference or Europa League. David would be able to pad his stats against some minnows. A couple good seasons at Napoli and the largest of the large clubs would come calling. If Napoli get him for $40M, some of those larger clubs would easily double that if he produces. 

6 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Napoli would be a great spot in my opinion. A step up, but not a massive one which could see him rooted to the bench after a few off performances. Would be great if they sneak into Conference or Europa League. David would be able to pad his stats against some minnows. A couple good seasons at Napoli and the largest of the large clubs would come calling. If Napoli get him for $40M, some of those larger clubs would easily double that if he produces. 

I like the idea of him in Serie A, really does deserve to be in Europe though.  Shouldn't be bullied into moving before the year shakes out. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

Quiet game from JD, but Lille look so good.

this Yoro kid is a real one. He kinda reminds me of Bombito. Crafty/quick CB. 

Quiet on the score sheet maybe, but his work rate has been very impressive. Hopefully it translates into a goal of his own. 

1 minute ago, Güerito said:

Quiet on the score sheet maybe, but his work rate has been very impressive. Hopefully it translates into a goal of his own. 

Winning his tackles and duels. Very few touches in general. Lille are trying to find him but it’s just not working. I think that’s opening up space on the wing for Yacizi.