Zambrano out!

gator

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Perhaps the CSA understands that a great manager capable of making our national team play better or overachieve isn't a solution

Rebuilding the program from the ground up is a better long term solution. Herdman did it for the women.

There's a logic here despite how it went down

No offence, but "a great manager capable of making our national team play better or overachieve" is precisely what we need as head coach.  The CMNT coach is not the person who single handedly rebuilds our entire national soccer infrastructure - he is the guy who gets results with the players he has, and tries to recruit a few extra upgrade players... which is exactly what OZ was doing.  

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

but....but....things were looking...good...

Exactly..... What the f????????.... What exactly happened??? Any details??? No wonder there has been no announcement about the U-23 camp that was scheduled for tmrw... Makes so much sense!!! But seriously, what the offing s****t is this????... I'm utterly shocked.... Bloody CSA

4 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Sorry but what club experience does Herdman have?? Zambrano at least coached in MLS.  Even Stephen Hart coached kings of donair which is better than nothing.  I think there’s more to this story than Peter Schaad tweets of him doing nothing.  He probably though ruffling feathers here would get results, but instead the CSA and Provincial associations don’t want the status quo to change.

The program needs to change, bringing Guardiola wouldn't fix our problem. I think someone started to realize that at the CSA

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No offence, but "a great manager capable of making our national team play better or overachieve" is precisely what we need as head coach.  The CMNT coach is not the person who single handedly rebuilds our entire national soccer infrastructure - he is the guy who gets results with the players he has, and tries to recruit a few extra upgrade players... which is exactly what OZ was doing.  

Is that sustainable in Canada? The CSA doesn't seem to think so 

7 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

There is a significant difference between "not world class" and literally zero experience coaching professional men.

Stephen Hart (who was our most successful coach in recent memory) didn't exactly have as stellar a resume as Floro who was a failure (at worst)  Some serious sexism (for lack of a better word) going on here about a guy who has been a pretty brilliant administrator in funneling young talent to his team uber quickly.

Time for some of you cats to stop running around with your head cut off, exactly what good will that accomplish for the program.  The deed is done, get behind the new mastermind..

Just now, Joe MacCarthy said:

Stephen Hart (who was our most successful coach in recent memory) didn't exactly have as stellar a resume as Floro who was a failure (at worst)  Some serious sexism (for lack of a better word) going on here about a guy who has been a pretty brilliant administrator in funneling young talent to his team uber quickly.

Time for some of you cats to stop running around with your head cut off, exactly what good will that accomplish for the program.  The deed is done, get behind the new mastermind..

Yes, it is indeed sexism.  To consider the level he coached at in football a suitable level for the level he is now hired at is sexist.  If sex was completely taken out of the equation where would Women's football rank?  11th division England?  I'm being extremely generous there.  So yes, the fact that Herdman gets a job based on success at that low of a level simply because they're Women IS sexist.

2 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

What you are describing sounds like a technical director, not a head coach. 

It was pointed out in lots of tweet that Herdman would be pretty much be a 1 man show doing multiple roles and tasks.

Not saying it's ideal either but status quo wasn't working either. We don't know what was going on backstage but if Zambrano offered more of the same type of solutions from past coach, I can see why the CSA might not have been sold.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yes, and you are backing the CSA's innovative new approach versus the way it is done in soccer nations that actually win things.  

I'm not backing anything. Playing devils advocate but we'remuch more behind than soccer nations. We need to start over, not more innovative patches

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Why should I accept the CSA status quo of “if its broken, why fix it” mentality.  I hope Herdman gets the same scrutiny from the press and here that if he fails after his first Gold Cup, he gets the boot.  I’m not tolerating, 2 years of bullshit and CSA incompetence.

2 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Yes, it is indeed sexism.  To consider the level he coached at in football a suitable level for the level he is now hired at is sexist.  If sex was completely taken out of the equation where would Women's football rank?  11th division England?  I'm being extremely generous there.  So yes, the fact that Herdman gets a job based on success at that low of a level simply because they're Women IS sexist.

The 2 games are so different for so many reasons, if you want to label me a sexist for saying that so be it! (Not you but anyone)

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

For the record it is bullshit that you keep trying to paint this as some sexist attack.  Pointing out the differences in the men's and women's games is not sexist, nor is drawing attention to the fact the Herdman has never coached men at a high level of footy.  It is also crucially important to recognize the solid level of female talent we produce (and historically have produced) on the women's side versus the level of players coming through the pipeline on the men's side.  THAT is one of the huge reasons why people are concerned with Herdmen's lack of experience on the men's side.  It is easier to mold young players who are really talented into mature CWNT players.  It is far harder when the guys coming through the pipeline are mostly either MLS-level fringe players of are longingly looking at their country of birth.  

5 minutes ago, Ansem said:

The program needs to change, bringing Guardiola wouldn't fix our problem. I think someone started to realize that at the CSA

Guardiola, if he were to accept, would radicalize our program. You are totally off base to post like that, he came up through a quality academy system and coached youth before seniors. And has a clear idea of how he wants to play, and how to play it.

Any top experienced coach can take a group of players and get them to play to their full potential, as long as he has the support. An unexperienced coach cannot. I mean, Herdman did not even build our women's program, he has just properly coached it. But did he get our u-19s to a WC final? We were already world class with the women, we are ahead of most of the world in many ways. With the men we are not, not in any way.

Can everyone stop defending this decision, it is sickening. I am personally going to call for Reed to resign and plan to pressure so that Herdman is canned asap, it is intolerable.

1 minute ago, badname22 said:

Sandor lists this as why Zambrano's reign was seen as a disaster 

That is total bullshit, I don't believe it. The CSA did not program a game in November,  and they are the ones who could insist on it. I see a sabotage on the part of the CSA and Herdman, and then this slagging of Zambrano, shame on Sandor and others to ape such lame arguments.

I'd like to know how some of you got into Herdman's head and have figured out his knowledge ability is on an "11th division" level because he coached women.  Neither you nor I know the capability this man has, but his track record at whatever level you want to call it has been pretty good so far.

Archived