Zambrano out!

gator

5 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Can everyone stop defending this decision, it is sickening. I am personally going to call for Reed to resign and plan to pressure so that Herdman is canned asap, it is intolerable.

You have absolutely no clue about the potential or capability of this man.  That post enters total ahole territory.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hypothesis 1 - Zambrano takes some decent results from GC and starts to pull rank on the administrators for more funding.  Maybe he has another job offer in the works that he uses as leverage.

Hypothesis 2 - Zambrano is affected by the #METOO campaign and about to get canned for harassing staff at the CSA

Hypothesis 3 - Herdman tells CSA he can help them qualify their men for the 2026 WC, and the CSA have forgotten that they already qualify as host country.

Zambrano had what, four months before they sacked him?  And they replace him with a guy who was more than happy to bail unless he got what he wanted?  A guy who probably was pissed as all hell that he was passed over for the MNT job four months ago and resorted to this kind of tactic to get what he wanted?

Yeah, no way in hell that this won't backfire.

15 minutes ago, badname22 said:

Sandor lists this as why Zambrano's reign was seen as a disaster 

What are you talking about ! No contact with players? Oz was  actually trying to get dual nationals like Cristante, Ferriera and others. He was even attending games in Italy, Portugal and Chile. 

This is just BULLSHIT! Herdman is a great guy but come on. If He was  threatening to leave give him the U 20 team and see what he can do. There are so many other  options out there, if the CSA had a real reason to fire Oz (  which the fucktard's  probably don't have one) 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Amateur hour at the CSA and now we have an amateur coach. What an utterly ridiculous situation. With all due respect to John, of course.

I'm sure he's a great coach in his own right, but I cannot see him getting respect from our players, which has been a problem for past coaches with a much better resume than he has.

Someone at the CSA must have thought, "gee he's done a great job with the women's, should be a seamless transition". I want to know what individuals are responsible for this decision!

Zambrano wanted to do things his way? God, why stand in the man's way? You brought him in for his expertise and so he can change the culture and he then you complain? 

@ObinnaOne word for this :  BULLSHIT... UTTER BULLSHIT!!!!!

I don't know if we'll ever get the truth.  All I feel right now is WOW!  But I can't tell if it's a good WOW or a bad WOW.  Just holy crap on a cracker.  No matter what, it is definitely outside the box thinking to move Herdman into the men's job.  If this blows up, it will not be pretty on anyone.

3 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

What are you talking about ! No contact with players? Oz was  actually trying to get dual nationals like Cristante, Ferriera and others. He was even attending games in Italy, Portugal and Chile. 

This is just BULLSHIT! Herdman is a great guy but come on. If He was  threatening to leave give him the U 20 team and see what he can do. There are so many other out there. 

Was he if some of these reports are true about him back stabbing Oz and threatening to take the England job if he didn't get the men's gig?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I don't know if we'll ever get the truth.  All I feel right now is WOW!  But I can't tell if it's a good WOW or a bad WOW.  Just holy crap on a cracker.  No matter what, it is definitely outside the box thinking to move Herdman into the men's job.  If this blows up, it will not be pretty on anyone.

I have no problem accepting what might be the ugly truth.  Herdman was offered England and he put it in the CSA's court.  They didn't want to lose a brilliant program coordinator and put the knife in the back of Zambrano.  It is what it is, if that is what it was :)

7 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'd like to know how some of you got into Herdman's head and have figured out his knowledge ability is on an "11th division" level because he coached women.  Neither you nor I know the capability this man has, but his track record at whatever level you want to call it has been pretty good so far.

So why not Marc Dos Santos?  No, we don't know his knowledge and I think that's the scary part here.  Ask yourself.. if his knowledge was so high would a men's club team not have come in for him?  The fact is he didn't do anything special with our Women's team that impressed me, we routinely got spanked by our one regional rival even at home.. OZ actually had us playing good football and who knows where it could have lead.  

Just think from a common sense perspective.. if Herdman as an experienced Women's coach can't beat the USA with a team that is relatively much closer in Women's football than Men's what chance do we have here?  What chance do we have when we come against Costa Rica, USA, Mexico.. hell, anyone in this region at a much higher level with a coach who is new to the Men's game?

Stop kidding yourselves.  If we win it will be because of the players, just like the Hart era.

I guess just like with the Women's team we're going to have to hope for some individual magic.

4 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I have no problem accepting what might be the ugly truth.  Herdman was offered England and he put it in the CSA's court.  They didn't want to lose a brilliant program coordinator and put the knife in the back of Zambrano.  It is what it is, if that is what it was :)

If that's what happened, then Zambrano's lawyers should work to get him a nice pay out from the CSA.

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

So why not Marc Dos Santos?  No, we don't know his knowledge and I think that's the scary part here.  Ask yourself.. if his knowledge was so high would a men's club team not have come in for him?  The fact is he didn't do anything special with our Women's team that impressed me, we routinely got spanked by our one regional rival even at home.

Stop kidding yourselves.  If we win it will be because of the players, just like the Hart era.

Apparently a men's club (don't know what level) and England's women were after him.  If you think taking a broken team from last place in the WC to an Olympic medal isn't special, we're not on the same planet.  And the fact that they could come close but couldn't defeat the best women's team in the world doesn't allow me to crucify him.

And as usual the BS about a Canadian coach (Hart) who has to have the players win for him, you make sure Herdman can't win no matter what he does.  Bullshit

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Apparently a men's club (don't know what level) and England's women were after him.  If you think taking a broken team from last place in the WC to an Olympic medal isn't special, we're not on the same planet.  And the fact that they could come close but couldn't defeat the best women's team in the world doesn't allow me to crucify him.

And as usual the BS about a Canadian coach (Hart) who has to have the players win for him, you make sure Herdman can't win no matter what he does.  Bullshit

could be that MDS didn't want the job...

Archived