Zambrano out!

gator

The only thing keeping this remotely civil, is people really like Herdman, as do I.

But I predict the speed at which people turn on him and the program will be in record time. 

I literally pray we are all wrong wrt what we are all thinking. 

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nolbertos said:

Sorry but I see this as another negative for the CSA.  Zambrano wasn’t even a world class coach, but that he bolted or gave up on the National team probably means rhe CSA wanted him do more than what his job description dictated.  I remember he was gung ho and I believe he even stated that he joined the program on the condition Canada was to get its own league.  Maybe he realized nothing is happening anytime soon and bolted, still Herdman as coach, screams of CSA cheapness.

It sounds like he was sacked though!

1 minute ago, danninho said:

I think another factor responsible for the shake-up is the CSA's fear of losing Herdman entirely.  Knowing of his future ambitions, they offered him the men's program in order to keep him.

if thats the case heads have to roll at the CSA. u dont fuckin sacrifice the mens program to appease a coach on the womens. wtf. NO federation in the world would do this

1 minute ago, danninho said:

I think another factor responsible for the shake-up is the CSA's fear of losing Herdman entirely.  Knowing of his future ambitions, they offered him the men's program in order to keep him.

If that is the case they are stupider than we thought!

9 minutes ago, danninho said:

Why?  He was apparently offered the job at England and was going to leave if they didn't give him the men's program. 

I really like Herdman, but if our coach for the men's program is the coach because that is the card he played, it doesn't sit right.

3 minutes ago, danninho said:

I'm not so sure, given the World Cup is next year, and the Olympics in 2020, he had more medals to win.

John:. Please don't take all of this personally.  Everyone - or at least almost everyone - on here has a great deal of respect for what you have done with the women's program.  But this seems like a from-the-hip decision from the CSA aboit the long term direction of Canadian soccer's most challenged file.  I wish you well, and hope you prove all of us doubters wrong.  Please...

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

John:. Please don't take all of this personally.  Everyone - or at least almost everyone - on here has a great deal of respect for what you have done with the women's program.  But this seems like a from-the-hip decision from the CSA aboit the long term direction of Canadian soccer's most challenged file.  I wish you well, and hope you prove all of us doubters wrong.  Please...

QFT

1 minute ago, gator said:

Sinclair tweets that she is speechless!

a surprise to both the mens and womens side. this can't be good for the morale of the mens and womens teams.... again why would a dual national want to come play for an association that pulls things like this

Herdman has no serious experience with the men. I am not saying women's soccer is a different game, but it is played differently, the standards are different, and the demand more severe. For me he is completely unacceptable as our men's coach, the move rather disgusts me overall.

We have a long tradition of total incompetence at the CSA, they are so dumb, and it is the fault of the Canadian soccer establishment who elect these guys who give us such poor decisions year after year.

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Herdman has no serious experience with the men. I am not saying women's soccer is a different game, but it is played differently, the standards are different, and the demand more severe. For me he is completely unacceptable as our men's coach, the move rather disgusts me overall.

We have a long tradition of total incompetence at the CSA, they are so dumb, and it is the fault of the Canadian soccer establishment who elect these guys who give us such poor decisions year after year.

I've gone from being shocked to disgusted, what a joke we are!

Archived