Zambrano out!

gator

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Again, it's not the coaches job to "revamp" a program, that's the job of the Technical Director. Want to keep Herdman as TD? FIne. But not as MNT Coach, not when we can find a replacement for OZ that has much more experience than Herdman and with a proven track record at a decent level.

Speaking of Technical Director, I checked Jason De Vos's twitter feed but so far it is quiet.  I wonder what he thinks?

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

In order for Canada to be competitive, we need all “best” Canadians on rhe field including Dual nationals and/or fence sitters.  Passion alone won’t help the players and program get better, you need a mastermind, great technical director to make all players, commit to his cause.  zambrano was trying to do that, like Floro before and was having more success.  My question to you is why would a Cavallini, Davies, Bustos or any upcoming player want to play for a coach that has never coached the men’s ranks in any capacity from club to national side.  Would you want to play for your country if they hired a coach without any experience in the men’s game??

Well, it's not like any of those guys are the second coming of Pele.  Hell, I'd be ecstatic if we could get a second coming of Rad.  You just repeated what I said earlier, Herdman's strength is a mastermind, technical director.

Just now, BearcatSA said:

Speaking of Technical Director, I checked Jason De Vos's twitter feed but so far it is quiet.  I wonder what he thinks?

He has posted here in the past, hopefully he comes back and gives us his opinion. (though if he thinks it's a bad move he probably won't say it publicly)

8 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I still maintain there's a lot of overreaction over conflicting version of events.

We should wait for more details to come out before losing our collective minds.

What I retained from Herdman appointment is a complete revamping of the program. Hard to disagree with that route. 

Herdman might not be the right guy, but this putting Zambrano on a pedestal is equally puzzling and surprising. Yes we played better, is it enough and sustainable long term, I doubt that

Amen

1 minute ago, jpg75 said:

Again, it's not the coaches job to "revamp" a program, that's the job of the Technical Director. Want to keep Herdman as TD? FIne. But not as MNT Coach, not when we can find a replacement for OZ that has much more experience than Herdman and with a proven track record at a decent level.

I don't disagree with what you're saying either. There's just so much we don't know.

What's the CSA objective, their real objective? 2022 or be competitive in 2026...8 years from now?

If it is 2026, perhaps they didn't want to lose Herdman and let him implement his plan. They can always sack him later once the plan is in place and the program/players are good enough to warrant hiring and paying for a top coach.

Zambrano or Herdman as coach... does it really make that big of a difference with our current pool? I don't know, maybe they didn't think so either.

Again just playing devil advocate

I bet Benito Floro is laughing at the CSA’s incompetence.  He’s probably thinking I got Canada to play a turtle, turtle style, boring but got me to the Pre-Hex round, got canned, and they fired my replacement with the Women’s coach.  Only in Canada this shit happens.  And people still wonder why we’re still 94th in the world in rankings.

1 minute ago, nolbertos said:

I bet Benito Floro is laughing at the CSA’s incompetence.  He’s probably thinking I got Canada to play a turtle, turtle style, boring but got me to the Pre-Hex round, got canned, and they fired my replacement with the Women’s coach.  Only in Canada this shit happens.  And people still wonder why we’re still 94th in the world in rankings.

Floro deserved his firing. 

Just now, nolbertos said:

The most incredible thing about this is you actually still have a small minority that gives  the CSA the benefit of the doubt.

i should be shocked but after all “flat earthers” are still around too

9 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

All part of the masterplan. 

Any flack will be waved off and put into the women's vs men game sexism debate. 

Herdman fails miserably and guess who throws his name into the ring after. 

The futures rosey, the futures De Vos.

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I don't disagree with what you're saying either. There's just so much we don't know.

What's the CSA objective, their real objective? 2022 or be competitive in 2026...8 years from now?

If it is 2026, perhaps they didn't want to lose Herdman and let him implement his plan. They can always sack him later once the plan is in place and the program/players are good enough to warrant hiring and paying for a top coach.

Zambrano or Herdman as coach... does it really make that big of a difference with our current pool? I don't know, maybe they didn't think so either.

Again just playing devil advocate

If Herdman is already getting poached now, what are the odds of him still being here in 2026?  Especially with his stock rising thanks to this new job on his resume?

1 minute ago, Gopherbashi said:

If Herdman is already getting poached now, what are the odds of him still being here in 2026?  Especially with his stock rising thanks to this new job on his resume?

I just gave a theory but if I'm remotely right, Herdman gets canned before 2026. :)

5 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Floro deserved his firing. 

somewhat agree. No offensive game whatsoever, defensively, though, they were very sound/solid for the most part... they were tough to break, save for the Mexico series and maybe the return leg against Belize and other friendlies here and there??... But yeah very boring indeed... no purpose whatsoever to go for the win.. just park the bus basically.. no killer instinct, lmfao

Archived