Zambrano out!

gator

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, canta15 said:

Get this through your thick skull. Its not that they are girls, it that the level jump is ridiculous. Would you feel more comfortable if we imagined all those girls had dicks?

You still can't explain what he doesn't know and needs to know, so you go vulgar.  Nice.

Just now, Ansem said:

Reflects poorly on Herdman if Sinclair learned the move via twitter. C'mon...not even a phone call?

or

Bingo. Future players see this. 

So is he going to jump ship to a better opportunity as soon as it comes up? 

Seems like an oppurtunist. 

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Reflects poorly on Herdman if Sinclair learned the move via twitter. C'mon...not even a phone call?

or

Apparently this wasn’t supposed to happen today, Molinaro found out and told the CSA that Sportsnet was going to publish it. The CSA then threw together the social media announcement.

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Bingo. Future players see this. 

So is he going to jump ship to a better opportunity as soon as it comes up? 

Seems like an oppurtunist. 

This mess also reflects poorly on Montagliani (who hired Zambrano). Clearly, that kind of decision should have been left to his successor...Just saying.

Just now, matty said:

Are you fucking serious? The face of the who program did not know this was coming

I wouldnt want to play for a coach who does this to a team he considered family. Not even a text msg before the news broke. Imagine their shock finding out over twitter....

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

You still can't explain what he doesn't know and needs to know, so you go vulgar.  Nice.

I sent a long message outlining what others have also expressed but tried to take the time to make the point from different angles so that you'd have a better understanding of where I, and I'm sure others are coming from.

You ignored it all and replied to the last line, which was a throwaway.

I think that says it all to me.

I'm glad you can be positive Joe.....if we had Mourinho or Raffa or Fergie come in people would be skepitcal for some reason or another.  The fact that we dont know if he can coach world class mens ball is enough for me to be nervous.  Maybe he will do well and revamp the mens youth set up etc...but it still doesnt explain why they didnt bring him in 9months ago.  Unless he used new found leverage (job offers from elsewhere) on CSA to force them to fire the guy that should have had an entire cycle to do his job properly.  And that dog just doesnt hunt with me...I dont know if I would respect a guy like that.  

"he never once called on FC Edmonton to ask about players. He didn’t make contact with the San Francisco Deltas, even though the team was starting four players who had national-team experience. He didn’t communicate with other coaches in the Canadian program. In fact, for a man who claimed he wanted to take over the scouting process in Canada, there was lots of talk about the teams and players he never bothered to see."

I don't mean to disrespect those players, but, are 25-26+ NASL players really the type that should be getting called to our national team anyways? I'm just DYING for Ouimette to get another shot at starting RB. :lol:

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Think you missed the "employed coaching professional athletes" bit.

You know, the sort of persons who are paid grotesque amounts of money to play in this planets most competitive sport. 

So where did other guys learn this and what makes him incapable of it, if it is so important.

1 minute ago, kingvikingstad said:

I sent a long message outlining what others have also expressed but tried to take the time to make the point from different angles so that you'd have a better understanding of where I, and I'm sure others are coming from.

QFT

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

And how is that different.  Is there some sort of male playing tactic that Herdman is unaware of, seeing he is a professional coach and immersed in the game and has forgotten more than anyone here will ever know.  I want to know, what is he incapable of?

Your arguments are right on Joe ... what reason was there  to keep Zambrano (Gold Cup QF and attacking football, meh!)... Montagliani was a fool to hire him ... now Stephen Reed replaces him with his man ... and Zambrano is out for reasons we can't discuss ... 

Herdman unfortunately will not have the respect of the players or the majority of the V's here ... sorry ... when you back stab it does not garner respect ... but we will see ... its a stupid move by Reed and the CSA

1 minute ago, kingvikingstad said:

I agreed with much of what you said and commented on the part that I wanted to comment on.  Nuf ced

2 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

This move puts both programs at significant  risk. Absolutely. Just look at Sinclair’s tweet. Players in both programs are not aligned with the CSA

This is true, but it sounds like Herdman leaving the women's team was a fait accompli, and there seem to have been valid reasons for dismissing Zambrano. I'm not convinced Herdman can do the job with the men, but I can see no reason why he starts off significantly behind some of the other men we've had in the job.

5 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Think you missed the "employed coaching professional athletes" bit.

You know, the sort of persons who are paid grotesque amounts of money to play in this planets most competitive sport. 

To be fair, the MNT manager won't be coaching many players who are paid grotesque amounts of money to play soccer either.

1 minute ago, A Different Perspective said:

Your arguments are right on Joe ... what reason was there  to keep Zambrano (Gold Cup QF and attacking football, meh!)... Montagliani was a fool to hire him ... now Stephen Reed replaces him with his man ... and Zambrano is out for reasons we can't discuss ... 

Herdman unfortunately will not have the respect of the players or the majority of the V's here ... sorry ... when you back stab it does not garner respect ... but we will see ... its a stupid move by Reed and the CSA

I’m not sure if you’ve read through everything but there’s a ton more info that seemingly missed.

2 minutes ago, A Different Perspective said:

nah.

Archived