Zambrano out!

gator

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yes, he speaks of "whispers" but then won't go into the real reason because he's trying to have a good 2018, and says that he could have coached Canada just by playing players in the correct position (lol), Did I miss anything?

From Schaad, as well as other threads from Molinaro, Sandor, I'm too lazy to link right now...

out of his depth

inability to set up the infrastructure of a true national program

strange personnel choices

lack of tactics

lack of communication with other coaches

no real plan for  scouting and identifying talent

no real impact on the recruitment of players he was credited with bringing in.

You're welcome to believe them or not. Just wanted to point out that these "whispers" are being whispered by alot of respectable sources.

4 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yes, I guess it just comes down to the fact that I don't trust the people telling him this. 

Peter Schaad is a reputable soccer commentator in this country and don’t see why anyone would have reason to not believe in him. Like any quality journalist if he’s reporting it he likely has trust in his sources.

if you reason to believe otherwise please enlighten us.

The reason so few womens coaches make the transition to the mens game is that mens coaching requires a more advanced skillset and experience level.  The gulf is wide.  There's a reason our women lose to U15 boys teams in training. 

To think that a coach who does well with a womens national team program is thus qualified for the mens program is INSANE.  Its not exactly like hiring a coach who has done well at the U15 level, but its pretty close.  At least he will work within the CSAs budget.

Just now, BrennanFan said:

There's a reason our women lose to U15 boys teams in training. 

I agree with some of what you had to say about the difference between men's and women's teams and coaching but not the quoted bit. 15 year old boys are not more tactically adept than Diana Matheson or Christine Sinclair. They have better fitness and athleticism, though, due to biology.

8 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

From Schaad, as well as other threads from Molinaro, Sandor, I'm too lazy to link right now...

out of his depth

inability to set up the infrastructure of a true national program

strange personnel choices

lack of tactics

lack of communication with other coaches

no real plan for  scouting and identifying talent

no real impact on the recruitment of players he was credited with bringing in.

You're welcome to believe them or not. Just wanted to point out that these "whispers" are being whispered by alot of respectable sources.

I'll say the same thing I said earlier..We can debate whether Herdman is the right guy or not, but this putting Zambrano on a pedestal is exaggerated. We lost the Jamaica game do to poor planning and questionable choices for players. We should have won that game

Just now, BrennanFan said:

The reason so few womens coaches make the transition to the mens game is that mens coaching requires a more advanced skillset and experience level.  The gulf is wide.  There's a reason our women lose to U15 boys teams in training. 

To think that a coach who does well with a womens national team program is thus qualified for the mens program is INSANE.  Its not exactly like hiring a coach who has done well at the U15 level, but its pretty close.  At least he will work within the CSAs budget.

The big reason that U15 boys can defeat a WNT has little to do with the coaching and tactics. Poor example.

1 minute ago, matty said:

I did just came up and read it. No one looks good here

How so?

Have any of you had to fire someone? Seriously, there must be somebody on this forum who deals with HR. I have a tough time seeing how the CSA has messed up on the firing side of things, at least.  I will reserve judgement on the hiring side of things, but that only make sense. Let's give the man a chance to earn our respect. 

It's like the CSA fed these guys first rights to the story so long as they said OZ was a "disaster".  It makes no sense.. Sandor for instance literally just ran a story with OZ and now he's saying that he knew he was a disaster.

His player selection was normal.. the majority of us agreed with his philosophy and selection, he wasn't doing anything absurd or out of the ordinary.  Peter Schaad is saying that the MNT he had a better team?  No he didn't, he's had legitimately the exact same players as Floro MINUS Hutchinson and PLUS Davies.  He gave chances to guys like Petrasso, MAK, Osorio, Adekugbe, Jackson-Hamel.. brought in Cavallini and Cordova.  Had the BALLS to start a 16 year old in the Gold Cup and it paid off.  

Like come on, this is Canada Soccer and there has been not ONE whisper from anyone saying anything bad about OZ.  The man seemed confident and the players echoed that on the pitch.. the home win against Jamaica was as convincing as I've seen the MNT play live in a long time.  Now we hear what a disaster he was?  Interested to hear more but I can't accept this narrative without evidence.

Maybe I'm coming off wrong. I'm not saying he isn't reputable. I'm just saying it's strange that these sources are saying that despite the improvements on the field, through players careers, and because it seemed like the players themselves seemed to generally like him. I don't think it's fair to just say that he doesn't deserve credit.

We'll have to see what else comes out I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I'll say the same thing I said earlier..We can debate whether Herdman is the right guy or not, but this putting Zambrano on a pedestal is exaggerated. We lost the Jamaica game do to poor planning and questionable choices for players. We should have won that game

And we lost to fucking El Salvador again! In game where we really showed nothing!

Just now, The Beaver said:

How so?

Have any of you had to fire someone? Seriously, there must be somebody on this forum who deals with HR. I have a tough time seeing how the CSA has messed up on the firing side of things, at least.  I will reserve judgement on the hiring side of things, but that only make sense. Let's give the man a chance to earn our respect. 

Well the CSA fucked up by letting someone leak this.

3 minutes ago, Keegan said:

He gave chances to guys like Petrasso, MAK, Osorio, Adekugbe, Jackson-Hamel.. brought in Cavallini and Cordova.  Had the BALLS to start a 16 year old in the Gold Cup and it paid off.  

That's setting the bar pretty low to define what a top coach is don't you think? We have no depth... Playing Davies was a no brainer

5 minutes ago, Keegan said:

It's like the CSA fed these guys first rights to the story so long as they said OZ was a "disaster".  It makes no sense.. Sandor for instance literally just ran a story with OZ and now he's saying that he knew he was a disaster.

His player selection was normal.. the majority of us agreed with his philosophy and selection, he wasn't doing anything absurd or out of the ordinary.  Peter Schaad is saying that the MNT he had a better team?  No he didn't, he's had legitimately the exact same players as Floro MINUS Hutchinson and PLUS Davies.  He gave chances to guys like Petrasso, MAK, Osorio, Adekugbe, Jackson-Hamel.. brought in Cavallini and Cordova.  Had the BALLS to start a 16 year old in the Gold Cup and it paid off.  

Like come on, this is Canada Soccer and there has been not ONE whisper from anyone saying anything bad about OZ.  The man seemed confident and the players echoed that on the pitch.. the home win against Jamaica was as convincing as I've seen the MNT play live in a long time.  Now we hear what a disaster he was?  Interested to hear more but I can't accept this narrative without evidence.

Exactly. 

Archived