Zambrano out!

gator

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Neither did Jose Mourinho :)

Jose Mourinho, got mentored under Sir Bobby Robson.  Explain to me again where John Herdman got his “world class” experience in the men’s game at a club or national level?? Oh right he has none..hmmmm...

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

He managed to get Cavallini back, and Cordova to commit.  But there are lots of guys in CSA that can bird dog duals...only one guy that actaully works on tactics and game management.  Maybe they think Herdman will get Akinola, Tomori, Tabla, and some other youngsters to be excited about a young rising coach.  That I can actually understand.  We'll see what everyone says tomorrow at the press conferences.

If history is any proof it was Michael Findlay who has done most of the work on convincing dual nationals. He was apparently instrumental in getting Arfield and Junior on board.

Edit: Schad saying the recruitment was at a higher level than OZ or Floro.

9 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

So where did other guys learn this and what makes him incapable of it, if it is so important.

Well, by my strictly amateur observations I'd say in large part that some of it is immersive, probably as a professional player (at some sort of level) or in some capacity being gainfully employed whilst surrounded by professional players (at some sort of level) and some of it is by instruction during an internship under a person or persons who're managing professional players, at either a club or national team level.

And having those real life experiences provides US with a clue as to whether that individual has got the chops, wit, man-management and board room skills to have a reasonable chance, under the circumstances available to them, to successfully manage a football program.  At a club or national team level. 

But maybe I ask to much.  Maybe we should just wing it.  A-gin. 

4 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

Jose Mourinho, got mentored under Sir Bobby Robson.  Explain to me again where John Herdman got his “world class” experience in the men’s game at a club or national level?? Oh right he has none..hmmmm...

I'm not defending him, just saying it's too soon to crucify him just yet. He's shown sign of adaptability. He's young enough to learn/come up with new tricks

I don't trust him, but I trust his motivation. It's irrelevant if his end game is Canada or not. If he wants a top job for a top team or National team, he needs to drastically improve our men's program regardless. I trust that kind of motivation. He has no choice but to succeed or he's done. 

He's giving us his 150% so I'm willing to give him a chance

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Neither did Jose Mourinho :)

God this reminds me of what a shame it is the csa didn't go crazy af and hire Villas-Boas. High profile. Good track recors. Speaks fluent English. Has coached in concacaf. He was perfect in everyway

Actions speak louder than works, and if the reason for this move was that John Herdman was being offered the EngWNT job, which forced the CSA's hand, than we can infer that he perceives the following regarding his potential opportunities:

CanMNT > EngWNT > CanWNT

Think about that for a minute, and tell me it doesn't kinda stink.

2 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

Actions speak louder than works, and if the reason for this move was that John Herdman was being offered the EngWNT job, which forced the CSA's hand, than we can infer that he perceives the following regarding his potential opportunities:

CanMNT > EngWNT > CanWNT

It's human nature & business.You don't have to like it, but it is what it is.

Just now, A_Gagne said:

CanMNT > EngWNT > CanWNT

if they liked Zambrano in that position they would've let him walk.

The talk of Herdman as forcing the CSA's hand doesn't make sense. they're all big boys, they decide whether it makes sense to offer him the job or not.

3 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

CanMNT > EngWNT > CanWNT

I disagree the reason was a mix of oz pisses folks off and herdman

Just now, matty said:

God this reminds me of what a shame it is the csa didn't go crazy af and hire Villas-Boas. High profile. Good track recors. Speaks fluent English. Has coached in concacaf. He was perfect in everyway

I heard at one time that a high profile South Anerican coach, name escapes me, threw his hat in the ring to be a national team coach for Canada, on the condition he bring his own staff and the CSA tried to get him to have Canadian assistants and he balked and left.  I seriously doubt Villas-Boas would’ve accepted to coach here.  No medium to high pedigree coaches want to coach Canada.  We always get bottom of the barrel resumes it seems.

1 minute ago, A_Gagne said:

CanMNT > EngWNT > CanWNT

What did he have left to prove with the CWNT, a gold medal, a number one ranking, and beating the US?  That was about all he had left to prove.  Now he has a new mountain to climb.

Whatever the wheres and whys that got us to this point one thing is for certain.  It's all going to come out and it's going to be great fun when it does.  Could get totally Trumpy before we know it.

Both programs in major flux in one fell swoop.  Ug...

4 minutes ago, matty said:

Still, we have a huge depth problem. A super coach can't fix that, a better national program (completely revamp) can address that.

Sure, we played better under Zambrano, but what happens if during a long WCQ + regular season, Cavallini, Larin, Davis and Arfield get hurt?

Yep, we're fucked and no super coach can change that

2 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

I heard at one time that a high profile South Anerican coach, name escapes me, threw his hat in the ring to be a national team coach for Canada, on the condition he bring his own staff and the CSA tried to get him to have Canadian assistants and he balked and left.  I seriously doubt Villas-Boas would’ve accepted to coach here.  No medium to high pedigree coaches want to coach Canada.  We always get bottom of the barrel resumes it seems.

I think this was Rene Simoes.

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Still, we have a huge depth problem. A super coach can't fix that, a better national program (completely revamp) can address that.

Sure, we played better under Zambrano, but what happens if during a long WCQ + regular season, Cavallini, Larin, Davis and Arfield get hurt?

Yep, we're fucked and no super coach can change that

Yea but imagine the sexiness of our program under him? Cristatne would've joined with him on top

3 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

That literally says nothing.

5 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

this is a great thread to read for people wondering why Zambrano was let go. Doesn't say it all but alludes to alot of the problems  (click on it to read the whole thing)

Just now, lazlo_80 said:

did you click on it?

Yes, he speaks of "whispers" but then won't go into the real reason because he's trying to have a good 2018, and says that he could have coached Canada just by playing players in the correct position (lol), Did I miss anything?

5 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

CanMNT > EngWNT > CanWNT

It is perfectly reasonable after more than a decade in women's soccer he do something new.   His interest in one thing doesn't need to demean other things. 

I think we are reading too much into these things

7 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

If only we would $$$$$$$$$pend

Archived