Zambrano out!

gator

1 minute ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Seriously?  Friggin' seriously?  Was he a woman's coach before he coached women or just a coach?  Did his brain suddenly stop functioning and start degrading itself once he started coaching women.  Seriously lame.

Your turning this into a sexist and gender debate.  The reason most of say say a women’s coach rarely succeeds as a mens coach is because there are less ego’s on the team, the women’s game is not as fast paced, technical or precise compared to the men’s game.  Herdman will be fighting a battle for respect, experience, etc compared to players that are playing at high levels of leavue play.  Just think this going to be a huge trainwreck and the CSA will ho hum like usual and hire the next incompetent person to be a coach and TD.

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, hamiltonfan said:

Joe, it’s a different game. Not better or worse. Different. 

Style, tactics, environments, training, managing personnel and relationship. 

Stepping into the to job is ludicrous 

So are the CFL and NFL, NHL and CHL, some can adapt some can't.  It just seems most here have prejudged Herdman can't and that's bullshit.

4 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

So are the CFL and NFL, NHL and CHL, some can adapt some can't.  It just seems most here have prejudged Herdman can't and that's bullshit.

You’re comparing nfl coaches and cfl coaches to mens national team soccer and womens national team soccer. 

The dynamics are so different. Im done here. Theres no saving you. 

2 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

No, I'm just not losing my head over sexist (again for lack of a better word) nonsense.

Can we cut this whole "sexist" crap?  It's offensive.  You can't call someone a sexist because you refuse to accept basic facts, hundreds of nations and over a century of football and this has never happened before.  This isn't like people knocking Danica Patrick.. of course the playing field is level for men and women in such a case.

This is absurd, like thinking Connor McGregor could beat Floyd Mayweather in boxing.  And just so I'm not called "sexist"... I think if any coach from the Men's game stepped into the Women's game and managed against Herdman they would be behind the eight ball too!

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

It has nothing to do about sex. Everything to do about qualifications and due process. Of which neither exist here. 

The only qualification necessary is if someone thinks he can do the job.  We've had guys with qualifications who couldn't and guys with few qualifications who did better.  I'll grant you the due process argument but that hasn't served us so great in the past either.

39 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Enlighten me

Canada's available talent pool in the the women's game as compared to the rest of the world, is light years ahead of their pool in the men's game.

Therefor, I don't think "funneling young talent to his team" is anything special.  In fact. pretty much every Canada's women's team coach has done that as long as I can remember.  (Sinclair, Kara Lang...)

The only qualification necessary is if someone thinks he can do the job.  We've had guys with qualifications who couldn't and guys with few qualifications who did better.  I'll grant you the due process argument but that hasn't served us so great in the past either.

I think i can do the job. Can i get the job with no hiring process?

anyone else want the job because they think they can do it?

smh

strawman argument 

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

You’re comparing nfl coaches and cfl coaches to mens national team soccer and womens national team soccer. 

You've prejudged yourself into a corner and want to run, ok.  God forbid me, the right winger here, bring up a sexist argument, the sky has truly fallen.

You've prejudged yourself into a corner and want to run, ok.  God forbid me, the right winger here, bring up a sexist argument, the sky has truly fallen.

No im back poking holes in your ridicilous strawman argument that the only qualification you need to be canmnt coach is think you can do it lmao

3 minutes ago, king1010 said:

I just didn't take the bait!

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

I think i can do the job. Can i get the job with no hiring process?

anyone else want the job because they think they can do it?

smh

strawman argument 

Except no one else thinks you can do the job, someone in charge obviously thinks Herdman can.

I could see this coming a mile away, most of the people here cannot except a "woman's" coach.  I don't know if the proper word is sexist but it is a derogatory sentiment towards Herdman's other coaching capabilities which we may not have been exposed to.

Just now, Joe MacCarthy said:

Except no one else thinks you can do the job, someone in charge obviously thinks Herdman can.

I could see this coming a mile away, most of the people here cannot except a "woman's" coach.  I don't know if the proper word is sexist but it is a derogatory sentiment towards Herdman's other coaching capabilities which we may not have been exposed to.

No more food for you troll

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

No im back poking holes in your ridicilous strawman argument that the only qualification you need to be canmnt coach is think you can do it lmao

When someone can't come up with a decent argument you see things like starwman and lmao to personally demean another.  If you read what I said I wasn't talking about Herdman thinking he could do it but the person/people doing the hiring and they would only hire the person they think could do it regardless.

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

I'd like to know how some of you got into Herdman's head and have figured out his knowledge ability is on an "11th division" level because he coached women.  Neither you nor I know the capability this man has, but his track record at whatever level you want to call it has been pretty good so far.

I’m sure Greg coaching in 11th division England has a great trafk record too at his respective level, but you don’t see Portsmouth come calling

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

^^Then it's time he got his chance to succeed or fail.  And it's not like we don't have any experience with failure now is it?

Why not let him have the Barca job to let him have a chance at the Men’s level

5 minutes ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Yes, I think qualifications can get trumped with let's call it a collision with CONCACAF reality. Things are just plain fucking weird in our federation. 

At least Herdman knows this and has been inside the program for some time and I doubt will face any surprises.  

I also highly doubt he holds our players in contempt, this has been a real issue in the past.  There is a difference between wanting to fix something to make it better and holding it in contempt.  It's a bad starting position and many of our well cv'ed coaches don't hesitate to express it. 

Extremely weak move. Had a coach who was playing quality attacking soccer with results in competition and friendlies and bring a coach who was mediocre and should have done more with the quality he had in the women's national team. Shouldn't be the womens coach let alone the mens

1 minute ago, canta15 said:

I’m sure Greg coaching in 11th division England has a great trafk record too at his respective level, but you don’t see Portsmouth come calling

Seeing, as you're the expert tell me what the difference is in handling human beings of all sizes, shapes, attitudes, races, colours and creeds.  How many coaches can we hire with World Cup or Olympic experience.  We haven't had too many recently aside from Floro.

30 minutes ago, jonovision said:

If the stories going around about the lack of professionalism of the setup under Zambrano were true, then the CSA may not have had much of a choice. Constant criticisms of an 'old boys network' don't hold water without substance about what it is exactly they've done wrong and I haven't seen evidence of it here, though it may exist.

Who's telling the stories and what exactly is "lack of professionalism?"   If this turns out to be the case, then you have to call into question the CSA's candidate vetting process.

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Worst-kept secret in Canadian soccer: Zambrano was on hot seat from day one

https://the11.ca/worst-kept-secret-in-canadian-soccer-zambrano-was-on-hot-seat-from-day-one/

"Some sources had told me that Zambrano was going to set the program behind so badly, that any chance of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup were vanishing, fast."

Who the fuck are these people, and how the fuck do they come to these conclusions. There was a CLEAR improvement in the quality of play and organization on the field, and players seemed to really like him. It just makes no sense

2 hours ago, Free kick said:

To be clear,  I AM NOT DEFENDING THIS DECISION BY THE CSA.  But i dont buy at all the notion that someone who coaches or has coached the womens teams is not aware of the differences in how the mens game needs to be played.   Had Herdman come to canada and been given the reigns of the mens team instead of the womens team, we might have a different view on this subject.

The bigger issue here is that the CSA has fired a coach who has not had chance to prove himself. Someone they just hired and who, based on play and results, has done nothing to justify his dismissal.  Thats the disgrace here.  

Coaches are also aware of the difference in quality between Toronto Fc and Barca but you don’t see Vanney making the jump to the giants

Archived