CPL General

4 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Pretty sure its the Ontario Soccer Center. I played there as a kid and that's what it looked like inside. Don't know about the outdoor pitch, but would assume its there as well

It apparently is the OSC.  The Sauga City Collective just tweeted a pic from there.  The mystery solving is definitely more interesting than working on this fine Friday afternoon lol

49 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Anyone recognize these places?

4CE81586-7469-4137-815D-7524BC414F5B.png

Definitely the Ontario Soccer Centre so would have thought Jim Brennan and the York Region group might fit in somehow if people wanted to be upbeat and positive about imminent franchise launches. Otherwise it looks like they are shooting some kind of promotional video material.

9 minutes ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Definitely the Ontario Soccer Centre so would have thought Jim Brennan and the York Region group might fit in somehow if people wanted to be upbeat and positive about imminent franchise launches. Otherwise it looks like they are shooting some kind of promotional video material.

Yes...probably something promoting the USL if you had it your way

54 minutes ago, Rheo said:

Halifax announcement possibly? 

What's with the basketball arena picture? Does SEA have any involvement with the NBL team in Halifax? Or do they operate the arena they play out of or something? I'm going to be annoyed if next week SEA announces they are buying the NBL team in Halifax.

8 minutes ago, Kent said:

What's with the basketball arena picture? Does SEA have any involvement with the NBL team in Halifax? Or do they operate the arena they play out of or something? I'm going to be annoyed if next week SEA announces they are buying the NBL team in Halifax.

Part of their core business so far has been organizing U Sports events, which included hosting the U Sports Final 8 series in Halifax. They are also organizing some FIBA games in Halifax

I think it's just a stock image for them. If you go to their website the same picture scrolls by, followed by the Mooseheads (which they are organizers for), and a volleyball tournament they organized

2 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Just when I had thought we had entered a less cryptic phase...

At this rate expect the teams to be announced by Paul Beirne randomly tapping out morse code on a table while he is giving an interview or something.

Don't give us ideas - we'll try to find it.

I think Pro/Rel is a good option.

We can do like in some countries: play-off between the 2 last of 1st division against 2 first teams of 2nd division. What do you think about it?
The point is, what will be the 2nd division?
I think in the business plan, each team has to prepare a reserve team.

Do you think CAN MLS teams will have a reserve team in CPL?

Should CSA forces the others canadian teams (not the MLS ) playin in US leagues to join the canadian structure?

What do you think abt a partnership for each team with an university and a high school, (for the academy)? 

Edited by mtlsab