CPL General

18 hours ago, Kent said:

So has there been any talk of a rescheduling of the team announcement (seemingly likely Halifax) that got delayed last week?

It was Halifax and I've heard there's a date in mind, but can't say for now (near future though).

Scott Mitchell pretty much said in that Prime Time Sports interview that they are only really starting in the marketplace now, now that the CSB has been created. So basically any major sponsorship or TV deal doesn't exist yet.

2 hours ago, mpg_29 said:

Scott Mitchell pretty much said in that Prime Time Sports interview that they are only really starting in the marketplace now, now that the CSB has been created. So basically any major sponsorship or TV deal doesn't exist yet.

He did say however, that they were already "softly" in the marketplace already and have had an incredible response, it's definitely a hot property and expect some announcements about partnerships in the next 6-10 weeks (I went back and re-listened to it because I had a different impression than you did from the interview so I thought I better check my source again :) )

53 minutes ago, LAK said:

He did say however, that they were already "softly" in the marketplace already and have had an incredible response, it's definitely a hot property and expect some announcements about partnerships in the next 6-10 weeks (I went back and re-listened to it because I had a different impression than you did from the interview so I thought I better check my source again :) )

I got the impression that this is still early days in some ways. I mean they stated that a major important part of this new league is the CSB....and that entity was only created last week.

I got the vibe of a lot corporate'y/business speak with little details. I know I heard him mention the Canadian Championship as a major property. I mean I guess it can be. But one thing that concerned me is how much he emphasized the 2026 WC as part of their short term (10 year plan). I mean that thing isn't in the bag yet.

21 minutes ago, mpg_29 said:

I mean that thing isn't in the bag yet.

Or is It? ;)

As LAK says I would think it's just a case of making partnerships official now CSB is officially a thing.

I can't believe they would have made it this far without more than just encouragement, ie basic deals in place and gentleman's agreements.

Cue the optimists agreeing and the naysayers pointing out there is obviously no proof. 

Looking forward to what becomes clearer through announcements over the next 60-90 day window. 

I’m sorry to interrupt the bickering... But Hamilton is advertising a Sales Manager position:

http://hamiltonprosoccer.ca/employment-opportunities/

The Hamilton Soccer Club is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and begins play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in 2019”

”The Manager, Ticket Sales and Service will be responsible for achieving personal sales targets in memberships and ticket sales packages as well as the daily leadership and management of the sales team.”

And they are also advertising an Account Executive position:

The Account Executive, Ticket Sales & Service is responsible for generating new business ticket revenue (and season seat retention) with additional sales responsibilities to include, but are not limited to, premium hospitality, suites, group sales and flex pack sales.”

In my opinion this is the biggest news we have had yet. All but officially confirming the leagues start date. They are preparing for a launch of ticket sales. Big News!

Edited by BenFisk'sBiggestFan

3 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

He's referring to the united bid for the World Cup in 2026 given Morocco has been picking up quite a bit of support.

Yep. I was just teasing about the world cup being in the bag. 

Should have been more clear only the second paragraph was talking about the CPL.

1 minute ago, matty said:

the Instagram isn't new but the story did feature them appearing to be shooting promo pictures

I don't take pictures so don't use Instagram so just assumed it was new.  I was grabbing coffee when I saw the tweet so only saw the repeating video on the tweet.  Didn't look at the story (or understand what it is to be honest) on their page.  I'll have to check it out after work apparently.

5 minutes ago, Rheo said:

I don't take pictures so don't use Instagram so just assumed it was new.  I was grabbing coffee when I saw the tweet so only saw the repeating video on the tweet.  Didn't look at the story (or understand what it is to be honest) on their page.  I'll have to check it out after work apparently.

I'm a fellow non-Instagram user, and it looks like you have to be logged in to see the story. Or maybe I'm just stupid and failed to figure out how, that is a distinct possibility.

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

I'm a fellow non-Instagram user, and it looks like you have to be logged in to see the story. Or maybe I'm just stupid and failed to figure out how, that is a distinct possibility.

I'm curious enough I'll probably sign up after work just to follow it lol

I just like that it's a sign that they're moving closer to being out there.  Sure the Instragram isn't new but they're pushing it now.  Website seems to have a couple of new things (link for CSB under Partnerships and a jobs section link as well) and they've linked to the newer articles and interviews from the last week on CSB.

Edited by Rheo

20 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I’m sorry to interrupt the bickering... But Hamilton is advertising a Sales Manager position:

http://hamiltonprosoccer.ca/careers/

The Hamilton Soccer Club is a founding member of the Canadian Premier League (CPL) and begins play for the Inaugural Season of the CPL in 2019”

”The Manager, Ticket Sales and Service will be responsible for achieving personal sales targets in memberships and ticket sales packages as well as the daily leadership and management of the sales team.”

And they are also advertising an Account Executive position:

The Account Executive, Ticket Sales & Service is responsible for generating new business ticket revenue (and season seat retention) with additional sales responsibilities to include, but are not limited to, premium hospitality, suites, group sales and flex pack sales.”

In my opinion this is the biggest news we have had yet. All but officially confirming the leagues start date. They are preparing for a launch of ticket sales. Big News!

That link now 404's. It looks like they changed it to http://hamiltonprosoccer.ca/employment-opportunities/.

12 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Could be the photo shoot in the CPL insta story.

Just looked up the pic that BSB posted of their supporters  n the tweet I quoted above and it appears it's at the TiCats indoor facility (logo is in the top left and they're standing on turf so that could be the first one.

Edited by Rheo