CPL General

Just now, Futballer said:

Here is what you and many fail to recognize, the game of soccer is no longer and introductory sport to Canada,  Canadian  soccer fans no longer has to  learn about the game any more, the game has been developed as a spectator sports for years now awaiting  Broadway stage.  It`s time for our Pro Soccer League its been that time since MLS 5th and 10 th year of operation. 

One of those cities already has a very popular and they don't even pack a 30k stadium every week

14 minutes ago, matty said:

One of those cities already has a very popular and they don't even pack a 30k stadium every week

ok  if the city you speak of had it`s closest competitive or closest city Rival competing for the same championship it will  have a  much different impact on each cities attendance. 

1 hour ago, matty said:

Seriously. There are only six teams in Mexico that averaged 30k a week this year. If that's your expectations for CPL you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Edited by harrycoyster

6 hours ago, 1996 said:
9 hours ago, Futballer said:

Hey Bliz,

A lot of folks have Been  working at this Premier League Canada or Canadian Premier League, you only have to look at the registry along with applications sent in to the Canadian Soccer Association, all  we are asking give your support to  everyone involve in pushing  the sport of Soccer to a professional status  Canada wide as we are all here for the same purpose. 

10 hours ago, Futballer said:

Our National Premier League Canada  championship celebration  will impact Canada wide as  we will have more Canadian players participating, more Canadians families  caring as they are a part of the Big Picture  Canadian Premier League. 

I won't disagree with you and I hope that I  being a TFC fan that say a city like  Edmonton for example can  one day win  the CPL championship in the final at home in front of 30 000 delirious fans does happen one day, and I hope it will be like Toronto where the mainstream media has given this championship tremendous coverage , I hope this for any city in the new CPL to attain the same amount of people in the stadium and attain the same amount of coverage that this TFC club is getting here in Toronto for soccer fans in other Canadian cities to one day be able to celebrate a CPL championship like us TFC fans are celebrating , I hope for the CPL to one day be so popular that winning a CPL championship is a big deal like it is in Toronto where all media have gotten behind this victory, because when you see a sport you love finally get all this attention after so many years it's a beautiful thing, no matter how many Canadians were on the field, hopefully the CPL being a Canadian only league will have a lot more Canadians so that should be even better, but for us TFC soccer fans and general Toronto soccer fans seeing TFC win is so special, even more than the Jays, Leafs Raptors and all of the other Toronto sports teams winning because it's done by a team in a sport a lot of us TFC fans love more than the others.

I wouldn't disagree with you at all @Futballer.... That would be huge when that day comes if this damn CANPL thing ever gets started off the ground, lmfao... In terms of Canadian contribution such a game, I couldn't agree more, as players playing significant roles in a game with very high stakes would be invaluable experience and can do wonders when calling upon for international competition in high stakes game involve also at the international level... In terms of attendance, I do not think it would be much of an issue for such a championship game, particularly once CANPL establishes itself as a competitive league and proves to be of decent quality all together... Football is becoming ever more popular across Canada, at least in the main metropolis excluding the 3 boasting MLS sides.. Ottawa comes to mind and perhaps Edmonton to an extent (nvm the folding of FC Edmonton) ... If you look at the most recent call-ups of CANMNTers many hail from the Edmonton and surrounding area, including the biggest name of all, which I'm sure you know who I am talking about.... But for now, a Canadian-based MLS side winning it all is a good stepping stone for the growth of the game imho... though most of its effect will be live in Toronto and surrounding area... It could led to the so-called Vince Carter effect in footballing terms that basketball insiders referred to when talking about the ascendance of Canadian basketball talent over the last few years, with many establishing themselves in the NBA... the TFC effect as I will call it, hopefully leads to a wider pool of footballing talent, which I undoubtedly don't see why it can't given Toronto's and the GTA demographics... For now let's embrace it until CANPL gets the ball rolling, lol 

1 hour ago, Futballer said:

CPL year 1, year 2, year 3 will be played at Neutral sites  that`s a  given, no other alternative, so many positives to doing so.

So, no one else knows when the league will start, or what teams /cities will even ultimately be in it, but you know the format and location of the games/playoffs/whatever?  And to top it all off, your 2 absolute locks for cities to host the finals are either the MLS stronghold or the city that just turfed its struggling pro team.

Come on man.

13 hours ago, matty said:

U20 World Champions. Also the basketball world changed other nations got into basketball or got better and Canada became mostly average not worse. The world is no longer one of 10 good nations. We're still competitive (2015 was a great year for the men's program) and  we clearly have a strong batch of players entering the program. We also have a league which, in addition to being somewhat stable, is able to assist the national program.

The Raptors legacy is pretty fucking large and I think a lot of the U20 team would tell you that.

Yes, the World Junior excuse is immediately trotted out. You still buy into the idea that winning a bunch a youth titles will somehow make up for the failures. Sadly it doesn't cover since they don't carry that loyalty into the pros, where earning big bucks and cheap rings are far more important.

The Africans got this message long ago and abandoned the idea that winning youth titles means anything of value. We are an exception and use such success as a crutch.

Sorry, but 2015 and 2016 were disasters since we should have been at the World Championship and the Olympics with the talent that we had. Its a rather poor excuse given that countries with lesser talent can overcome us on a regular basis. This is even before we even get to the top elite level. You are basically suggesting that the CMNT is doing fine even though we are not making the hex and simply regressing.

The NBL doesn't matter to Basketball Canada since they don;t do anything to promote it in the first place, even though they should be as part of their mandate. Nash only takes players from there when he is essentially forced to, which shows his lack of depth and understanding of being a manger (on top of bring his failed buddy Jay back as coach).

Of course, its easy to think the Raptors helped if you confine yourself to Toronto. Other parts of the country have been producing talent for a long time before the Raptors and still do so. The only influence the Raptors provide is their failure on the court and in the constant image of "Canada's Team".

48 minutes ago, DoyleG said:

Yes, the World Junior excuse is immediately trotted out. You still buy into the idea that winning a bunch a youth titles will somehow make up for the failures. Sadly it doesn't cover since they don't carry that loyalty into the pros, where earning big bucks and cheap rings are far more important.

The 2017 U19 title is massive. If you don't see is as a positive then you're just being a dick.

The Africans got this message long ago and abandoned the idea that winning youth titles means anything of value. We are an exception and use such success as a crutch.

When did African win a FIBA U19 title or finish in the top 4? On top of that, no African team has been successful at the FIBA World Cup or Olympics. This point makes zero sense.

Sorry, but 2015 and 2016 were disasters since we should have been at the World Championship and the Olympics with the talent that we had. Its a rather poor excuse given that countries with lesser talent can overcome us on a regular basis. This is even before we even get to the top elite level. You are basically suggesting that the CMNT is doing fine even though we are not making the hex and simply regressing.

2015 saw Canada do very well in continental competitions (and just missed the Olympics in that competition). I don't know why you're mentioning World Championships when the WORLD CUP was the year prior. Regarding failing in qualifying, in the final stage Canada went undefeated until Canada played France, who fielded a much stronger team and are a perfect example of how the world got good at basketball. Are you willingly ignorant?

The NBL doesn't matter to Basketball Canada since they don;t do anything to promote it in the first place, even though they should be as part of their mandate. Nash only takes players from there when he is essentially forced to, which shows his lack of depth and understanding of being a manger (on top of bring his failed buddy Jay back as coach).

It's not Basketball Canada's job to promote the league and it does matter because Basketball Canada call up players from the NBL for the Canada basketball team regardless of you saying he's forced to.

Of course, its easy to think the Raptors helped if you confine yourself to Toronto. Other parts of the country have been producing talent for a long time before the Raptors and still do so. The only influence the Raptors provide is their failure on the court and in the constant image of "Canada's Team".

Firstly, it's not the Raptors job to produce talent (basketball is different from soccer). Secondly, I'm convinced your a jaded Vancouverite who's still upset that of the two Canadian NBA teams only one survived.

What's happened thanks to both the Raptors and Basketballs "global takeover" is that more Canadians took up the sport seriously and have been able to play professionally around the world. If you deny that, there's something wrong with you.

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, DoyleG said:

While your opinion on BBTB is sound, you’re opinion on Canadian basketball is a little misguided. We were steamrolling in 2015 and if it wasn’t for a last second screw up against Venezuela, we would have been in the Olympics. We’re much better now than ever and if we field our best possible line up, we’re arguably number 2 in the world talent wise.

Edited by Macksam

11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

So, no one else knows when the league will start, or what teams /cities will even ultimately be in it, but you know the format and location of the games/playoffs/whatever?  And to top it all off, your 2 absolute locks for cities to host the finals are either the MLS stronghold or the city that just turfed its struggling pro team.

Come on man.

Many here including you feels that the CPL Cannot begin operation in 6 months time, which is false, League already has it sanctions, 2, stadiums already in place in two of the sanctioned cities, 3 . League office is open for operation.  All that is needed is in place ready to market.

Edmonton Failure to attract has nothing to do with the CPL  and MLS  operating  in Canada does not  prevent other Professional Sports team from attracting fans to  their event, MLS is  a part of the events and entertainment features here in Canada as the Canadian Premier League will  capture its market share. GET smart my friend get smart!!!

12 hours ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

I wouldn't disagree with you at all @Futballer.... That would be huge when that day comes if this damn CANPL thing ever gets started off the ground, lmfao... In terms of Canadian contribution such a game, I couldn't agree more, as players playing significant roles in a game with very high stakes would be invaluable experience and can do wonders when calling upon for international competition in high stakes game involve also at the international level... In terms of attendance, I do not think it would be much of an issue for such a championship game, particularly once CANPL establishes itself as a competitive league and proves to be of decent quality all together... Football is becoming ever more popular across Canada, at least in the main metropolis excluding the 3 boasting MLS sides.. Ottawa comes to mind and perhaps Edmonton to an extent (nvm the folding of FC Edmonton) ... If you look at the most recent call-ups of CANMNTers many hail from the Edmonton and surrounding area, including the biggest name of all, which I'm sure you know who I am talking about.... But for now, a Canadian-based MLS side winning it all is a good stepping stone for the growth of the game imho... though most of its effect will be live in Toronto and surrounding area... It could led to the so-called Vince Carter effect in footballing terms that basketball insiders referred to when talking about the ascendance of Canadian basketball talent over the last few years, with many establishing themselves in the NBA... the TFC effect as I will call it, hopefully leads to a wider pool of footballing talent, which I undoubtedly don't see why it can't given Toronto's and the GTA demographics... For now let's embrace it until CANPL gets the ball rolling, lol 

Got your drift but lets stop comparing Apples and Oranges they may all be Fruits of course but they  have different markets.  The Soccer Market place is an outdoor Arena while  Basketball is an Indoor Arena which is sold at different times same goes for Hockey  versus  Soccer comparison.  

21 minutes ago, Futballer said:

Many here including you feels that the CPL Cannot begin operation in 6 months time, which is false, League already has it sanctions, 2, stadiums already in place in two of the sanctioned cities, 3 . League office is open for operation.  All that is needed is in place ready to market.

Edmonton Failure to attract has nothing to do with the CPL  and MLS  operating  in Canada does not  prevent other Professional Sports team from attracting fans to  their event, MLS is  a part of the events and entertainment features here in Canada as the Canadian Premier League will  capture its market share. GET smart my friend get smart!!!

Considering you are not at the table, you certainly do a lot of talking.

2018 is off the table, and when that is announced the above statement will look a bit foolish.

And before you respond by pointing out the business plan that you presented to the CSA, I assure you it will have little or no impact on the final product. If I don't miss my guess, they binned it.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is delusion of a high order. It is wonderful that you are very enthusiastic about the upcoming league but it is important for people to stay grounded as well. 

17 minutes ago, Soefeia said:

2018 is off the table, and when that is announced the above statement will look a bit foolish.

And before you respond by pointing out the business plan that you presented to the CSA, I assure you it will have little or no impact on the final product. If I don't miss my guess, they binned it.

Sorry to be blunt, but this is delusion of a high order. It is wonderful that you are very enthusiastic about the upcoming league but it is important for people to stay grounded as well. 

Soefeia Assurance says one man`s treasure  is another  man`s trash  they binned it.  Yet Still -----

They continued  with naming  and Sanctioning  as Canadian Premier League a name and company registered since 2005, 

As super Dave Osbourne would say that Plan  was made with Saskatchewan Seal Bindings !!!  

Lets see how far they go with their plan of touch down to Dollars. 

51 minutes ago, Soefeia said:

On one hand Soefeia seems pretty on the level but on the other hand Soefeia is a high fantasy reference so I don't know if they're a rep or a troll. That said having someone call out Futballer for his shitposts is pretty sweet even if they are using the wrong type of men in black lol.

49 minutes ago, Futballer said:

Soefeia Assurance says one man`s treasure  is another  man`s trash  they binned it.  Yet Still -----

They continued  with naming  and Sanctioning  as Canadian Premier League a name and company registered since 2005, 

As super Dave Osbourne would say that Plan  was made with Saskatchewan Seal Bindings !!!  

Lets see how far they go with their plan of touch down to Dollars. 

If you are going to refute a criticism, provide some evidence to refute it. 

On second thought, nevermind. It was likely a hopeless task to get you to be honest with people on this forum. I suspect it would have been better of me to simply have let this go.