CPL General

3 hours ago, matty said:

Oh yea cause the 1992 and 1993 Blue Jays resulted in a Golden Generation of Canadian talent that won a bunch of World Baseball Clas....reached the fin......reached the semi....reach the knoc.....*when you realize Italy, Israel and the Netherlands are better at baseball than your country which has 2 World Series titles*

Can't be applying North American sports League logic to FIFA

Edited by Ansem

2 hours ago, Prune_55 said:

We are much better as a nation in basketball now than before the Raptors began. Much, much better. 

Sadly, you base it on the the "We got guys in the NBA" factor rather than what it has done for Canadian basketball.

If it was better as you claim, we shouldn't have had issues trying to qualify for World Championships or Olympics. Yet, our "stars" are beaten by supposedly inferior squads.

The NBA stars are more concerned with earning millions and NBA glory than representing Canada. That its the legacy of the Raptors, little one.

6 hours ago, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

A few cranks can stew in their own bile. The rest of us will celebrate a great victory for Canadian soccer and another huge step forward for the acceptance of our sport as one of the major leagues alongside hockey, basketball, baseball and football.

So comes from the man that prostituted himself for so long just to get a worthless piece of metal.

No one will accept you when you expect fans to follow a team and a league that doesn't care about Canada other than the cash it provides.

Tens of millions to buy a rather worthless trophy, and the phony façade that comes with it.

You have never cared for Canadian soccer and never will.

Whatever dude. I'm too busy dancing on the ceiling right now courtesy of youtube clips over what I hoped would happen eventually when I was sending all those posts to Bigsoccer 12 years ago or so. Wish I was in Toronto right now as I am sure a great time is still being had by all even after closing time at Shoeless Joe's but my career took me away from southern Ontario and I have no regrets about that.

Edited by BringBackTheBlizzard

4 hours ago, DoyleG said:

Sadly, you base it on the the "We got guys in the NBA" factor rather than what it has done for Canadian basketball.

If it was better as you claim, we shouldn't have had issues trying to qualify for World Championships or Olympics. Yet, our "stars" are beaten by supposedly inferior squads.

The NBA stars are more concerned with earning millions and NBA glory than representing Canada. That its the legacy of the Raptors, little one.

U20 World Champions. Also the basketball world changed other nations got into basketball or got better and Canada became mostly average not worse. The world is no longer one of 10 good nations. We're still competitive (2015 was a great year for the men's program) and  we clearly have a strong batch of players entering the program. We also have a league which, in addition to being somewhat stable, is able to assist the national program.

The Raptors legacy is pretty fucking large and I think a lot of the U20 team would tell you that.

Edited by matty

On 12/8/2017 at 12:28 PM, BringBackTheBlizzard said:

Same old same old for Canadian pro soccer if the stakeholders can't come to a reasonable compromise and agree to push in the same direction for the benefit of all. The 2026 World Cup bid is likely to bring the CSA and USSF/MLS/SUM closer so the dynamic of the next decade or so is going to be very different from what it would have been with a solo bid aligned with Traffic Sports as appears to have been the plan three years ago.

Hey Bliz,

A lot of folks have Been  working at this Premier League Canada or Canadian Premier League, you only have to look at the registry along with applications sent in to the Canadian Soccer Association, all  we are asking give your support to  everyone involve in pushing  the sport of Soccer to a professional status  Canada wide as we are all here for the same purpose. 

3 hours ago, Futballer said:

Our National Premier League Canada  championship celebration  will impact Canada wide as  we will have more Canadian players participating, more Canadians families  caring as they are a part of the Big Picture  Canadian Premier League. 

I won't disagree with you and I hope that I  being a TFC fan that say a city like  Edmonton for example can  one day win  the CPL championship in the final at home in front of 30 000 delirious fans does happen one day, and I hope it will be like Toronto where the mainstream media has given this championship tremendous coverage , I hope this for any city in the new CPL to attain the same amount of people in the stadium and attain the same amount of coverage that this TFC club is getting here in Toronto for soccer fans in other Canadian cities to one day be able to celebrate a CPL championship like us TFC fans are celebrating , I hope for the CPL to one day be so popular that winning a CPL championship is a big deal like it is in Toronto where all media have gotten behind this victory, because when you see a sport you love finally get all this attention after so many years it's a beautiful thing, no matter how many Canadians were on the field, hopefully the CPL being a Canadian only league will have a lot more Canadians so that should be even better, but for us TFC soccer fans and general Toronto soccer fans seeing TFC win is so special, even more than the Jays, Leafs Raptors and all of the other Toronto sports teams winning because it's done by a team in a sport a lot of us TFC fans love more than the others.

1 hour ago, 1996 said:

Edmonton for example can  one day win  the CPL championship in the final at home in front of 30 000 delirious fans does happen one day, and I hope it will be like Toronto where the mainstream media has given this cans love more than the others.

With the correct  promo  in place all present Stadiums in Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, Moncton , Calgary  etc:  can all be maxed  out  with paid fans attendance,  that`s  part of the  Goal we  plan to achieve.  

Canadian Premier League First Championship  game will be in Either Toronto Sky Dome or Edmonton Common wealth Stadium .   

Not Bullish on the proposal as we all are aware that the fan Base is out there, Believe!!!  

3 hours ago, Futballer said:

With the correct  promo  in place all present Stadiums in Edmonton, Saskatchewan, Hamilton, Moncton , Calgary  etc:  can all be maxed  out  with paid fans attendance,  that`s  part of the  Goal we  plan to achieve.  

Canadian Premier League First Championship  game will be in Either Toronto Sky Dome or Edmonton Common wealth Stadium .   

Not Bullish on the proposal as we all are aware that the fan Base is out there, Believe!!!  

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

Can't wait to see a CanPL team challenge Toronto FC for the Canadian Championship in a final 

Heard that !!! Danny Now you talking !!! what  Canada Needs you  just don`t know how many Canadian youngster whom were turned away or neglected by the Toronto FC, Montreal impact  and Vancouver w.caps are waiting for the opportunity to play pro in Canada in order to meet up and demolish the so call big 3. 

This is what gonna spawn competition in through out Canada, could definitely see Hamilton Steelers  versus Toronto/Montreal impact sold out in steel town and everyone is  there to see Impact get beat badly. 

That`s the Ticket

5 minutes ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Absolutely not!  No chance. Nor should they aim to at this stage of things.

I'm pretty sure if the CPL announced in year one they were aiming for 50K at a neutral site the Vs and CPL fans would have a reaction similar to this but without any form of successful pay off

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, grasshopper1917 said:

Absolutely not!  No chance. Nor should they aim to at this stage of things.

Here is what you and many fail to recognize, the game of soccer is no longer and introductory sport to Canada,  Canadian  soccer fans no longer has to  learn about the game any more, the game has been developed as a spectator sports for years now awaiting  Broadway stage.  It`s time for our Pro Soccer League its been that time since MLS 5th and 10 th year of operation.