CPL General

47 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

You're telling me somebody announced a timeline for CPL news that was incorrect!?!?! That's unimaginable!

I know right. Just like when MLS announced X number of teams and start date and they ended up starting with less teams a year later...

Oh.....the amateurs

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I know right. Just like when MLS announced X number of teams and start date and they ended up starting with less teams a year later...

Oh.....the amateurs

MLS has had to backtrack announcements on numerous occasions over the years. Beckham Miami United FC has been months away for 3 years now. I call out MLS and CPL sources on false info as I deem appropriate.

4 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

MLS has had to backtrack announcements on numerous occasions over the years. Beckham Miami United FC has been months away for 3 years now. I call out MLS and CPL sources on false info as I deem appropriate.

CPL officially has not announce much... so they can't backtrack on stuff they haven't announced...right?

28 minutes ago, harrycoyster said:

No idea what you're getting at. I know you can't wrap your mind around the thought of criticizing those involved in CPL for how they've handled announcements. No need to reassert that point again.

I'm getting at that there's been no announcement from CPL officially. Criticize those who report rumors...thats fine

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I'm getting at that there's been no announcement from CPL officially. Criticize those who report rumors...thats fine

My post was "You're telling me somebody announced a timeline for CPL news that was incorrect!?!?! That's unimaginable!". I wasn't addressing the CPL directly. 

There's a famous basketball meme about Bruno Cabocolo of the Raptors:

This is the all time swing for the fences pick. First of all he is described as the Brazilian Kevin Durant. He really doesn’t know how to play yet.  I’m blown away. I’ve been doing this for 10 years. He’s 2 years away from being 2 years away.

60 to 90 days away from an announcement about being 60 to 90 days away from an announcement is definitely the CPL version of the two years away from being two years away.

2 hours ago, Ivan said:

So what happened to the big announcement that was coming this week according to the Hamilton Group?

2 hours ago, Rheo said:

They're just teasing us so that some of the hardcore fans can continue to spend their time complaining about the lack of news and creating even more ill will and alienation that will more assuredly lead to the failure of the league if it ever does launch.

Or we don't know :)

2 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

You're telling me somebody announced a timeline for CPL news that was incorrect!?!?! That's unimaginable!

The tweet does not indicate there's going to be an announcement and relates to both CPL and Ti-Cats. CPL is having meetings and Ti-Cats resigned their coach so they weren't incorrect or anything.

26 minutes ago, Ansem said:

They've announced the league already with an official website. Just leave the whether the league has announce or not because it is, they just haven't announced when kick off is

4 hours ago, matty said:

It was exaggerated

From what I remember during that night we all talked at Arizona’s, I clearly recall him scoffing at the notion about the NASL and collective CFL ever being involved at any point so BBTB’s constant echo chamber of how the vision of the league changed along the way has no basis what so ever.

Edited by Macksam

1 hour ago, matty said:

The tweet does not indicate there's going to be an announcement and relates to both CPL and Ti-Cats. CPL is having meetings and Ti-Cats resigned their coach so they weren't incorrect or anything.

They've announced the league already with an official website. Just leave the whether the league has announce or not because it is, they just haven't announced when kick off is

Not saying that there hasn't been unfulfilled hype (usually not anyone from the league itself) but I'm not seeing anything in this instance that promises imminent news.

Given that there were apparently meetings going in all week, it was a "big week" for CPL, and there was TiCats news when they signed June. There was no promise of CPL news, Mitchell just said it was a big week

It could have been said better, but I'm sure if your own tweets were run over with a fine tooth comb by a couple dozen discussion board dwellers there would be plenty that got misinterpreted 

34 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

This sums up why I feel a tad empty about TFC's title.  The management, coach, players, narrative and even one of the journalists (American USMNT jock sniffer Larson) make this feel like an American team that just so happens to play in Toronto.  

Osorio had a terrific game and was a big part of the victory - 'that a'int nothing'

1 hour ago, Complete Homer said:

With the one Canadian who got on the pitch? 

I think this will drive excitement for soccer and be good for CPL. Rising tide lifts all boats, yada yada

Oh yea cause the 1992 and 1993 Blue Jays resulted in a Golden Generation of Canadian talent that won a bunch of World Baseball Clas....reached the fin......reached the semi....reach the knoc.....*when you realize Italy, Israel and the Netherlands are better at baseball than your country which has 2 World Series titles*

Just now, Bison44 said:

I dont know Matty, in the 80'2 there were 1-3 Cdn in MLB, now there is consistantly over a dozen. Regardless of the results of the baseball classic etc. we have alot more pros now.  There is something to be said for having high quality product in the country.  Plenty of blue jays fans out here in MB/SK.  

I know I'm being silly :)

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I dont know Matty, in the 80'2 there were 1-3 Cdn in MLB, now there is consistantly over a dozen. Regardless of the results of the baseball classic etc. we have alot more pros now.  There is something to be said for having high quality product in the country.  Plenty of blue jays fans out here in MB/SK.  

Numbers are easy to point to when the results don't match. People said the same thing about basketball and we are worse off than we were before the Raptors.

13 minutes ago, DoyleG said:

Numbers are easy to point to when the results don't match. People said the same thing about basketball and we are worse off than we were before the Raptors.

Wait we're worse at the current time than before the Raptors?