Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, BearcatSA said:

Pretty awful vs the Caps today, frankly, in both ends of the field.

He does not play on the right. And sadly Piatti occupies the left.

27 minutes ago, canta15 said:

He does not play on the right. And sadly Piatti occupies the left.

He does play on the right. That is no excuse. The guy played there all pre-season and looked like one of Montreal’s best players. He just was slow today. That and the fact that Davies and Dejong were all over him. After the first couple minutes it seemed like Petrasso was to scared to go forwards to help Edwards as well. Likely because Davies was completely controlling that side of the field. 

12 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

He does play on the right. That is no excuse. The guy played there all pre-season and looked like one of Montreal’s best players. He just was slow today. That and the fact that Davies and Dejong were all over him. After the first couple minutes it seemed like Petrasso was to scared to go forwards to help Edwards as well. Likely because Davies was completely controlling that side of the field. 

Edwards was real bad, I can't think of many good things he did but there sure were many poor moments as well as Petrasso, Davies was a big reason and had  an exceptional game, it looked like Edwards was injured or had given up at times!

Edited by gator

1 hour ago, gator said:

Edwards was real bad, I can't think of many good things he did but there sure were many poor moments as well as Petrasso, Davies was a big reason and had  an exceptional game, it looked like Edwards was injured or had given up at times!

Edwards didn't play well but I would point to him as being one of the few (only?) Impact players in the first half who seemed to understand the need to get the ball to Piatti and the skill to get it to him. The only two chances Montreal created in the first half were set up by Edwards.

2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Edwards didn't play well but I would point to him as being one of the few (only?) Impact players in the first half who seemed to understand the need to get the ball to Piatti and the skill to get it to him. The only two chances Montreal created in the first half were set up by Edwards.

It is encouraging to see him taking Free Kicks and Corners and agree that was a good ball played to Piatti that Waston did well to clear the danger! 

1 hour ago, gator said:

Raheem looked nervous. Reminded me of the  game he had against El Salvador last fall.

1 minute ago, gator said:

It is encouraging to see him taking Free Kicks and Corners and agree that was a good ball played to Piatti that Waston did well to clear the danger! 

Yes , it will be nice to have a national team player who regularly takes free kicks and corners for their club team. Too bad about the one free kick that was blocked by a Caps player standing about five yards from the ball. Not sure what Drew Fischer was looking at, nor what he was thinking of by only giving Macosu a yellow when he nearly broke De Jong's legs!!!

4 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Yes , it will be nice to have a national team player who regularly takes free kicks and corners for their club team. Too bad about the one free kick that was blocked by a Caps player standing about five yards from the ball. Not sure what Drew Fischer was looking at, nor what he was thinking of by only giving Macosu a yellow when he nearly broke De Jong's legs!!!

Son of a bitch Mancosu, a dangerous play indeed, hahaha...easily a red card there

1 hour ago, gator said:

Maybe he was sick?  The compete level, either fighting for the ball or closing guys down, wasn't there today.  You might not be clicking in the technical or tactical departments but always show fight.  But this is the first game and there are many more to come, so he will learn from this and then forget about it and concentrate upon the next opponent.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

Maybe he was sick?  The compete level, either fighting for the ball or closing guys down, wasn't there today.  You might not be clicking in the technical or tactical departments but always show fight.  But this is the first game and there are many more to come, so he will learn from this and then forget about it and concentrate upon the next opponent.

One can hope... Certainly like those curve balls he throws with his left foot...perfect accuracy and range indeed, more of that is needed for himself, the Impact & the NT...not to mention the other qualities he already brings to the table...Now that he will be getting opportunities for PT, he'll have lots of chances to showcase himself, never mind this outing

4 minutes ago, CNMNTPERUELIGIBLE said:

One can hope... Certainly like those curve balls he throws with his left foot...perfect accuracy and range indeed, more of that is needed for himself, the Impact & the NT...not to mention the other qualities he already brings to the table...Now that he will be getting opportunities for PT, he'll have lots of chances to showcase himself, never mind this outing

He hit a great ball into Piatti at the far post.

In his defence, though I felt that his issues today had little to do about where he was playing, I think he is best served as LW where, like Davies, he can use his burst to take a guy to the line.  I don't like doing the Cancon pompom thing, but if Lovitz was able to get the best of Nerwinski today, Edwards may have even exceeded that. 

Raheem always looked better playing on the left side than the right, and always looked better as a wing back than a forward/winger. Not sure how well he would do as a full back in a flat back 4, but it could be worth a shot. I really like Raheem, but I think it will become apparent that the situation he was in with TFC was optimal for him.

We have always been short on attacking talent.  I hate to see Edwards and to a lesser extent Petrasso who have the urge to attack players with the dribble, get shuttled into fullback positions.  Especially in their early 20's.  Taking exciting attacking players and trying to teach them defense.  Isnt that more of a natural progression, as they get older they get shifted to fullback when they loose some speed?  Maybe the coaches see them as modern attacking fullbacks...which is also something the CMNT could use.  

Frankley

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

We have always been short on attacking talent.  I hate to see Edwards and to a lesser extent Petrasso who have the urge to attack players with the dribble, get shuttled into fullback positions.  Especially in their early 20's.  Taking exciting attacking players and trying to teach them defense.  Isnt that more of a natural progression, as they get older they get shifted to fullback when they loose some speed?  Maybe the coaches see them as modern attacking fullbacks...which is also something the CMNT could use.  

Frankley we have had more attacking talent than quality defenders in recent years so fine with the shift if it increases our depth at full back.  

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

Frankley

Frankley we have had more attacking talent than quality defenders in recent years so fine with the shift if it increases our depth at full back.  

Hmmmm, I guess I missed all those goals we scored.  I do remember how Floro thought the team could nothing but turtle up and hope for 0-0 draws.  Arfield, Hoilet, Larin and Davies have all been in the last couple years.  And we still rarely look dangerous.  Look, I realize we have weak spots everywhere, but the hardest thing to do is score.  And I think its a shame to turn an offensive minded guy into a defensive one.  

On 3/4/2018 at 9:35 PM, Gian-Luca said:

On one play, i thought he over did it.  He had cleaverly worked his way into in good position at the top of the box.  This was a point where, with a bit of imagination and creativity,  he could created better chance for himself or for a team mate.  Instead, what he did was he lofted the ball over to Piatti way on the otherside of pitch who was further from net and in a far less threatening position.  

This is bit of a trend that i have noticed with some of our younger players in MLS.  I saw this with Chapman as well, that when they are in position to create something for themselves, they take the easy route look for Giovinco regardless if the star in a better position or not.