Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Davies

Not so much since the arrival of Davies and when OZ had us playing attacking football, we did show a capacity  to be able to score, though, prolly we could've still done better.... Maybe that's what you are thinking about?... And you are not wrong, we shoulda've be a consistent threat going forward, not find satisfaction in one magical goal (i.e. Costa Rica, Honduras & Jamaica game in the GC).... Still need to add that arsenal into our game to all our attacking/offensive minded players... They gotta do it for 90 mins and not just be content with a single GOLAZO here and there, lmao

4 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Anndd he just gave away a last minute pen..

No, that pen was not on Edwards. It was on #13 who tripped the Columbus player.

#DoNotListenToCaldwell !!

4 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Both of them fouled him. Edwards clipped his foot which is why Edwards was falling.

I don't think so. Edwards got his feet caught in the turf and stumbled forward but I don't think he even touched the Columbus player until he was already mostly already down from being tripped by #13. It was just that they all fell together. (Watching it in slow mo.)

If #13 had not tripped him he would not have gone down. Edwards would just have been left on the ground behind him.

Edited by dsqpr

4 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

If #13 had not tripped him he would not have gone down. Edwards would just have been left on the ground behind him.

That's the way I saw it too. Krolicki tripped the Columbus player, incurring the penalty. Edwards may have touched the Columbus player just before that player hit the ground.

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Both of them fouled him. Edwards clipped his foot which is why Edwards was falling.

According to the official MLS stat keeper (whose name is not Stephen Caldwell, evidently) the Ref gave the PK against Krolicki, which I think is the right call. I think Edwards clipped him recklessly by accident but I am not sure that would have enough to draw the PK. Krolicki decided to make sure however. Overall a panicky youth driven ending to the game but I think Impact fans should be encouraged overall. 

Canadians on MLS teams are sure scoring some fantastic goals this week between Edwards and Osorio 

Steven Caldwell is really pissing me off with his bias against Canadian players, yes he will compliment them when he has to, the rest of the time he spends ripping them for every little mistaker perceived mistake I'm glad others hear it too because I thought it was just me being a thin skinned Voyageur! I don't know why he does that, what's he got against Canadians, he doesn't mind earning a living in our country?

11 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

According to the official MLS stat keeper (whose name is not Stephen Caldwell, evidently) the Ref gave the PK against Krolicki, which I think is the right call. I think Edwards clipped him recklessly by accident but I am not sure that would have enough to draw the PK. Krolicki decided to make sure however. Overall a panicky youth driven ending to the game but I think Impact fans should be encouraged overall. 

Canadians on MLS teams are sure scoring some fantastic goals this week between Edwards and Osorio 

Fair enough. Here's the replay showing Edwards did clip the CLB players heel:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbusCrewSC/status/972564118971428864?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Edited by jpg75

5 minutes ago, gator said:

Steven Caldwell is really pissing me off with his bias against Canadian players, yes he will compliment them when he has to, the rest of the time he spends ripping them for every little mistaker perceived mistake I'm glad others hear it too because I thought it was just me being a thin skinned Voyageur! I don't know why he does that, what's he got against Canadians, he doesn't mind earning a living in our country?

it is probably tough love on his part. I can see why he thought it was Edwards who made the foul but even then it was harsh to call it a “moment of madness” even if he thought it was Edwards - It wasn’t a deliberate trip (the Krolicki one may have been the way he stuck his foot out like that).

Edited by Gian-Luca

31 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Fair enough. Here's the replay showing Edwards did clip the CLB players heel:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbusCrewSC/status/972564118971428864?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

From some angles it does look as thought Edwards clipped his back foot but that clearly does not trip the player as he keeps running so it would not be a foul anyway.

However, if you look at the third view of it (second replay) on that clip you can see very clearly that Edwards does not even touch him.

Edited by dsqpr

18 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Edwards barely touches Columbus player and he stays on his feet and keeps going a couple feet so no foul there. Krolicki puts his leg out but doesn't or barely touches him. No foul, dive by Columbus player

It was a dive but also a foul.

He dragged his leg on purpose to trip the player who saw it there and went down accordingly but if he had tried to keep running he would have been tripped or at the very least severely impeded. That is going to be given 100% of the time, and rightly so IMHO.

Edited by dsqpr

4 minutes ago, dsqpr said:

From some angles it does look as thought Edwards clipped his back foot but that clearly does not trip the player as he keeps running so it would not be a foul anyway.

However, if you look at the third replay on that clip you can see very clearly that Edwards does not even touch him.

Agree with this, on that 3rd angle you can see it wasn't Edwards who tripped him, if there was contact it was when the player was already down, Edwards just tripped!

It has to be said though that Edwards lost his man on the play to begin with (which I think is why he was overly anxious to catch up to hike) so that is something he will want to correct going forward. And in fairness to Krolicki before Imapct fans pin the goat horns entirely on him, the other two Columbus goals also came directly off Impact fouls that were just as stupid as his - only the culprits on those occasions don't have youth and inexperience as an excuse.

Getting back to Edwards though, let's not underestimate the quality of that strike, I have not seen too many Canucks score a goal off a volley like that.

20 minutes ago, Big_M said:

''He dragged his leg on purpose to trip the player''

Right a player would want to trip a player in his area in the 93rd minute. Krolicki tried to play the ball when player changed direction. Simulation, yellow card

:) We will have to agree to disagree I think.

Players often do silly things in the heat of the moment and often get away with them. 

35 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

It has to be said though that Edwards lost his man on the play to begin with (which I think is why he was overly anxious to catch up to hike) so that is something he will want to correct going forward. And in fairness to Krolicki before Imapct fans pin the goat horns entirely on him, the other two Columbus goals also came directly off Impact fouls that were just as stupid as his - only the culprits on those occasions don't have youth and inexperience as an excuse.

Getting back to Edwards though, let's not underestimate the quality of that strike, I have not seen too many Canucks score a goal off a volley like that.

It was DeRo-esque.

• 1 month later...

According to the following article, Edwards is out of favour with Garde and he has exchanged words with Garde and the coaching staff concerning his lack of playing time. I guess that is why Garde decided to only have one defender on the bench (Petrasso) even though he was planning to park the bus in Atlanta like you see when semi-pro teams play professional teams in Cup competitions. Playing counter attack can work but you won't win too many games with 80/20 possession which was what it was until we got behind and managed to get it to the still terrible 73/27. And when it would have made sense to park the bus in the previous game with a 3-1 lead and down to 10 men we kept playing like we were 11 a side and the game was tied. Bad offseason acquisitions, poor player evaluation, strange selections, wrong tactics that don't conform to game situation. We will probably be last place this year. I hope he proves me wrong in the future, but up to now Garde is the worst coach I have seen at the Impact in MLS. And the Nick and Joey show seems to be continuing as usual which is why when they picked a European coach they got another no name who lets them do what they want. And after watching Silva continually pass 20 metres behind his pass recipient, why is it that the Impact manages to get so many South American players with poor technical skills (Piatti excepted). Is Nick doing his scouting in a South American strip bar?

http://www.985fm.ca/nouvelles/sports/105637/impact-raheem-edwards-nest-pas-dans-les-bonnes-graces-de-remi-garde