The 23-man squad vs Mexico. (your picks, speculation & confirmed call-ups)

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Teibert, Aird, Froese, and Adekugbe to model the new kit prior to the team being announced? 

I suspect that is largely to do with their local connection to the city, rather than an indication that all 4 will be called up.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Not sure of the logistics but it was couple weeks ago and it's Gavin Day. Was he in Europe before the Algarve Cup? Quick jaunt to Leverkusan for an interview with a rival player!?

Gavin Day will be in Vancouver and in Mexico City. I don't know who was at Algarve for the CSA. It was a woman's voice doing interviews. The voice for the Chicharito interview was Max Bell for sure.

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Gavin Day will be in Vancouver and in Mexico City. I don't know who was at Algarve for the CSA. It was a woman's voice doing interviews. The voice for the Chicharito interview was Max Bell for sure.

I don't think Max works for the CSA anymore, I think he's working with Norwich now.

Just now, BuzzAndSting said:

I don't think Max works for the CSA anymore, I think he's working with Norwich now.

He continues to do things for the CSA on the side; like

(their go-to guy for interviews in England/Europe). I'll bet you he's going to take the train to Doncaster for the U-20s if Norwich doesn't need him that day.

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He continues to do things for the CSA on the side; like

(their go-to guy for interviews in England/Europe). I'll bet you he's going to take the train to Doncaster for the U-20s if Norwich doesn't need him that day.

Ahhhhh, I didn't know that!

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I suspect that is largely to do with their local connection to the city, rather than an indication that all 4 will be called up.

Teibert is injured right now, so all 4 can't be called up. Recovering from Ankle surgery... presumably this has not affected his cat-walk turn, Blue Steel or hair.

41 minutes ago, king1010 said:

any leaks? rosters gotta be out today or tomorrow

It will be tomorrow. Normally the CSA will tweet the morning of that the roster will be released at some point that day, as they did yesterday with the U20 roster. They haven't tweeted anything this morning so I can only assume we'll see a tweet tomorrow morning and then a roster release at noon.

Lads the leak ive got as a journalist down here is the following..... for the double header....is that accurate

Borjan Stamatoupoulos Thomas /Ledgerwood  Ouimette Henry  Jakovic  Vitoria Lefebvre Straith James  DeJong Morgan Tissot / Johnson  De Guzman  Hutchinson  Piette Bekker Trafford  Froese Arfield/ Hoilett Larin Haber Akindele Cavallini

4 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Lads the leak ive got as a journalist down here is the following..... for the double header....is that accurate

Borjan Stamatoupoulos Thomas /Ledgerwood  Ouimette Henry  Jakovic  Vitoria Lefebvre Straith James  DeJong Morgan Tissot / Johnson  De Guzman  Hutchinson  Piette Bekker Trafford  Froese Arfield/ Hoilett Larin Haber Akindele Cavallini

Well, IF this is accurate, I look forward to reading "WTF, BEKKER OVER OSORIO" for the umpteenth time.

13 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

If this is true, huge shock with no Ricketts as I thought Floro rated him so highly.  Right call, but wow.

18 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Well, your leaked roster has 27 names on it, so it is already very dubious.

A 24-man roster would make more sense. This way, we would end up with our usual 23 players in camp, after Cavallini pulls out at the last minute.  :-)

7 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Well, IF this is accurate, I look forward to reading "WTF, BEKKER OVER OSORIO" for the umpteenth time.

What if we change it up and go "WTF, Bekker over Manella/Aird/Bustos/Chapman/Open roster spot" would that be a nice change of pace?

7 minutes ago, shermanator said:

IF this is accurate, I think this is the first time I've been pumped about our attacking options

Ok others beat me to it, but yeah, this is 27.  Plus, no Edgar?  Doubt it, unless there's an injury or something I've missed.  Also, no Ricketts would be strange, but someone has to make way for Arfield, I guess.  That said, this roster has 7 MFs who are mostly central (8 if you include Straith), and only Arfield, Hoilett and Akindele wide, so I think Ricketts is in.

I think if you drop Lefevre or Jakovic (hurt), Tissot, Bekker, Trafford, Froese (unfortunately) and Cavallini, and then add back Edgar and Ricketts, it's closer.

For a more defensive stance, drop Ricketts and add Froese.

Archived