The 23-man squad vs Mexico. (your picks, speculation & confirmed call-ups)

14 hours ago, JAVIERF said:

Lads the leak ive got as a journalist down here is the following..... for the double header....is that accurate

Borjan Stamatoupoulos Thomas /Ledgerwood  Ouimette Henry  Jakovic  Vitoria Lefebvre Straith James  DeJong Morgan Tissot / Johnson  De Guzman  Hutchinson  Piette Bekker Trafford  Froese Arfield/ Hoilett Larin Haber Akindele Cavallini

Did anyone really take this post seriously?

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Complete Homer said:

The service Arfield and Hoilett can deliver to Larin is titulating, and given what highlights I've seen of Larin this season or last, all he needs is a half second to get one off.

Should hopefully give Mexico enough trouble to make sure we aren't under fire in the box all 90 minutes. Maybe we could even score a goal 

Props for incorporating the word titulating into a post. One of his goals this season already was just outside the 18, he had the ball for less than a second. 

21 minutes ago, pint said:

Anyone have an approximate time for the roster to be released? I assume it will be either noon east or noon west coast time.

Will probably be 1pm West coast time.. The game is in the West and the Jersey release is in the West.. So will be late this afternoon for East coast people 

9 minutes ago, sose said:

Will probably be 1pm West coast time.. The game is in the West and the Jersey release is in the West.. So will be late this afternoon for East coast people 

I tweeted CSA last night asking what time.  They didn't really answer a time.  Just said jersey unveiling will be first and roster announcement later.   I would agree that it will probably be 1pm on the west coast.

9 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Okay this is getting a little ridiculous. That can't even give us a time of when it might be?!

I asked straight up what time.   The response did not have a time in it.  Just the order things are happening.  You would think the time would be pretty much set in stone since they are unveiling the new kit. Wouldn't a mini press conference be scheduled? 

If the new kit is on par with our current one I'll be pleasantly surprised.  Of course we all wish it would be a red/white kit in the blue centennial style but screw demand right?  

Honestly, how funny is it that Canada Soccer can never sell gear and then they finally get a shirt that sells out (blue centennial) and they never produce more or release a kit in the same vein?  Okay, we get it was cool that you limited sales and pushed demand at the time... but seriously time to cash in on that and pump those blue kits anywhere and everywhere.  That is the type of kit that anyone would wear, whether it be a celebrity with little/no knowledge of CMNT (i.e. Drake) or a foreign football fan just looking to collect kits.  Expand our brand and image.

Jersey release at 1pm EST.

As for what kind of jersey it will be, I've said it before, the person or persons at the CSA In charge of picking these kits definitely likes understated and simple, as we have seen for the last few years. I imagine this one will be very similar. Maybe a few unique design features, very red, with a little white trim.

Archived