The 23-man squad vs Mexico. (your picks, speculation & confirmed call-ups)

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, pint said:

I know it will be out this week but do we have any idea of the day the roster will be released? 10 days out from the game

Also... we are only 10 days out from the game!!!

I tweeted the csa asking specifically what day, they said Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. 

11 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

So your saying there is a chance its Wednesday??  THERE IS A CHANCE ITS TOMORROW!!!  

Seems highly unlikely, but yes a chance! I can't remember a roster release that happened on a Wednesday. It seemed to be Thursday's were the norm for a while but the last few have been Friday's. 

Lads maybe there is a delay because of an issue regarding  the availability of Arfield, it makes sense after all folks,,,you know that  I know my football.   Mes amis!!! 

Saludos mis viejos y nobles  amigos canadienses siempre hay vinculo entre ambos paises!!  Ustedes se tienen que aguantar a los yankees y nosotros tratamos de mandarlos a la mierda cada vez que nos vienen a tratar de imponer cosas x aca abajo........tan cerca de Patagonia. 

Con respecto al partido,  espero que los muchachos de rojo,   le hundan el cuchillo a esos  mexicanos ridiculos la semana que viene.  Solo en sentido figurativo y deportivo..ehhhh   mes amis   !!!!! jajajjajajaj

Au rev 

Javier François

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

I wonder where Arfield will play. Hoilett really only plays LW and that is where Arfield has played for Burnley as of late. I don't know if simply switching either to the right will work out.

He has played comfortably on the right this season already.

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Midfield lineup:

larin

hoilett--- Hutchinson--- Johnson-- arfield

--- de Guzman---

Why do you believe (or want) de Guzman and Hutchinson swap places? The current arrangement of Hutch playing behind has worked well so far.

2 hours ago, canta15 said:

He has played comfortably on the right this season already.

There is a part of me that expects Arfield to play centrally with one of Johnson or de Guzman being sacrificed, just to ensure Ricketts is on the field.

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Why do you believe (or want) de Guzman and Hutchinson swap places? The current arrangement of Hutch playing behind has worked well so far.

I was under the impression that it's always de Guzman as the defensive mid and Hutchinson helped as cover vs Honduras 

3 hours ago, Vince193 said:

I wonder where Arfield will play. Hoilett really only plays LW and that is where Arfield has played for Burnley as of late. I don't know if simply switching either to the right will work out.

Hoilett has played on the right from time to time, he switches with Phillips during games to mix things up and actually started a fair number of games on the right side under Harry Redknapp! He does love that curling shot from the left wing on his right foot however, scored one of his best last Saturday!

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I was under the impression that it's always de Guzman as the defensive mid and Hutchinson helped as cover vs Honduras 

Incorrect. Hutchinson shields the back four.

You know, I was skeptical of the arrangement at first. Clearly Hutchinson still has attacking instincts that have largely been driven out of Julian, but to his credit he has preformed well higher up the pitch. Him and Johnson press very well and it has been working; both are very tenacious. Hutchinson is obviously our best player and does a quality job playing in front of the defence at Besiktas, but also it would be a waste of resources for a player like Atiba to be pressing all game like Johnson and de Guzman do.

At any rate it has worked well so far.

1 hour ago, gator said:

Hoilett has played on the right from time to time, he switches with Phillips during games to mix things up and actually started a fair number of games on the right side under Harry Redknapp! He does love that curling shot from the left wing on his right foot however, scored one of his best last Saturday!

If Arfield does indeed have the ability to play out wide right (as one poster mentioned), it would be great to have both players swapping wings all game. Both are best on the left side cutting in on their strong foot. 

I hear ya and I remember (whoever commentated) saying Hutchinson played amazing as the d mid in front of the back four. Those three, de Guzman and Johnson with hutch were a buzz saw. If they can play like that vs Mexico we have a good chance. 

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Question to all: Did they really send Max Bell from England all the way to Germany just to interview Chicharito? Or was that simply a stopover and he actually made the trip to interview a Canadian?

Not sure of the logistics but it was couple weeks ago and it's Gavin Day. Was he in Europe before the Algarve Cup? Quick jaunt to Leverkusan for an interview with a rival player!?

Archived