The 23-man squad vs Mexico. (your picks, speculation & confirmed call-ups)

13 hours ago, MtlMario said:

A little off topic but funny Sportsnet has the Cdn lineup for Mexico games while TSN has nothing so far(even though they are the one televising the games).

In relation to your comment, I did a check on Molinaro's Twitter feed to see his reactions to the squad and he had nothing, really.  The only Sportsnet article about the selection came from Canadian Press (I'm guessing Neil Davidson?).

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Ha! No doubt. 

In all seriousness I a) Don't see the point in being a dick to people just because I'm semi-anonymous online and b ) Think a reasonable amount of humility about one's opinions is a healthy thing. So I'm unlikely to take offence at someone disagreeing with me, esp if they make a solid point, and it was. :)

This opinion is so laughably incorrect.  I'm guessing that your ignorance on all things soccer stems from the fact that you've never attended an Albanian first division game live and in person like I have.

Here are four paragraphs on how wrong your opinion is....

9 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

This opinion is so laughably incorrect.  I'm guessing that your ignorance on all things soccer stems from the fact that you've never attended an Albanian first division game live and in person like I have.

Here are four paragraphs on how wrong your opinion is....

Don't promise four paragraphs if you're not going to deliver. :(

On 3/18/2016 at 0:12 PM, BrennanFan said:

This is one hell of a roster.

Arfield strengthens our attack by 200%. 

Hume will lead by example and add some steel to the group, you need a guy like that when you walk into the lion's den that is AZTECA.

In Floro we trust.  

On 3/18/2016 at 1:32 PM, maccaliam said:

Hume's work-rate and ability to hit a dead ball are (IMHO) key factors for his inclusion, as well as his experience and leadership ability.

Hume likely won't see the pitch, but if he does I think Floro likes that he knows what he is going to get.

Heck, honestly if I were Floro I would consider starting Hume at the Azteca, depending on how Larin does (and what the result is) in the first game.

He's got a ton of big game experience. He's probably the second best dead ball hitter on the team.

I remember in that 8-1 debacle, he was responsible for the "1" on that scoreline, and IMO was the only player in red not completely mentally defeated by the moment.  

1 hour ago, A_Gagne said:

Heck, honestly if I were Floro I would consider starting Hume at the Azteca, depending on how Larin does (and what the result is) in the first game.

He's got a ton of big game experience. He's probably the second best dead ball hitter on the team.

I remember in that 8-1 debacle, he was responsible for the "1" on that scoreline, and IMO was the only player in red not completely mentally defeated by the moment.  

This is why I am worried by the fact that he will have the whole summer off; will he be match fit for San Pedro Sula in September?

Cavallini also looked hungry to make a comeback during that game.

Archived