The 23-man squad vs Mexico. (your picks, speculation & confirmed call-ups)

19 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

and the Clarets midfielder can’t wait to get started with Canada in March, providing his passport application goes through smoothly.

Does he have a passport yet?  That stuff takes along time.  I'm not doubting this in happening, but will the paperwork be lined up in 3 weeks?

It was posted on February 6th. He needs a passport to travel by March 20th (Burnley play March 19th). He needs the FIFA switch to go through. Let's say the process was already a few days in the works by that time. That's about 30+ business days. Things can get done  fairly quickly if you show up with the paperwork at the consular section in London. You could be as last minute as picking up your passport Monday in the morning and jumping on the direct London->Vancouver flight in the afternoon.

Wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't there but he should be.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-03-01 at 0:48 PM, BrennanFan said:

Larin, Haber, Cavallini

Hoilett, Arfield, Ricketts, Akindele

Hutchinson, deGuzman, Johnson, Piette, Teibert

DeJong, Ledgerwood, Aird

Edgar, Jakovic, Straith, Ouimette, James

Borjan, Stamatapolous, Crepeau

This is exactly the team that I think will get called as well.

I think the lineup is going to be:

Larin

Hoilett                                          Akindele

de Guzman     Johnson

Hutchinson

DeJong   Jakovic  Edgar   Ledgerwood

Borjan

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think the lineup is going to be:

Larin

Hoilett                                          Akindele

de Guzman     Johnson

Hutchinson

DeJong   Jakovic  Edgar   Ledgerwood

Borjan

Arfield?

----------------------------------Larin-----------------------------
Hoilett-------------Hutchinson--------Johnson----------Arfield
-------------------------------De Guzman------------------------
De Jong----------Edgar-----------------Jakovic-----Ledgerwood

However, I can see Floro doing this for the midfield:

---------------------------Larin--------------------------
Hoilett-------------Johnson--Arfield-----------Ricketts
------------------------Hutchinson-----------------------

I think Froese might actually make the squad. He did well on Sunday and Floro seems to like him. I imagine Teibert won't unfortunately as he is still injured and hasn't played in a while. Any chance Ricketts gets dropped? he hasn't been playing in a while and he's not injured. 

18 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

Any chance Ricketts gets dropped?

Floro would be insulted you even asked that question.

23 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

I think Froese might actually make the squad. He did well on Sunday and Floro seems to like him. I imagine Teibert won't unfortunately as he is still injured and hasn't played in a while. Any chance Ricketts gets dropped? he hasn't been playing in a while and he's not injured. 

I do not thinl Froese should be called in for games especially against mexico. I don't think he was influential at all in the mid on Sunday. He won't really serve a purpose for us for those against mexico.

16 hours ago, Canadian Pride said:

I do not thinl Froese should be called in for games especially against mexico. I don't think he was influential at all in the mid on Sunday. He won't really serve a purpose for us for those against mexico.

Didn't he hit the cross bar with one shot and have another good opportunity saved by Bush? I don't think he should start against Mexico but I wouldn't rule him out of the 23 man roster.

17 hours ago, Canadian Pride said:

I don't see how Froese could be called before Osorio. These two players are miles apart with regards to Canadian midfield depth. I could see the argument that Froese' ceiling is higher than Osorio's.

2 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I don't see how Froese could be called before Osorio. These two players are miles apart with regards to Canadian midfield depth. I could see the argument that Froese' ceiling is higher than Osorio's.

Miles apart?  Not sure about that, I rate both players but I think Froese has more upside.  Osorio has had more exposure to first team minutes but all around I think Froese is a more complete player that you can toss in at any time/situation.  

1 hour ago, theaub said:

In terms of Floro's system, I'd say Froese is streets ahead

Osorio would be better as a CAM and Froese would be better as a CDM.

On 3/8/2016 at 7:09 AM, Canadian Pride said:

Really? I thought their midfield went to shite when he was subbed off.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

No love for Jackson? He's getting quality minutes in the championship. 

I personally believe Jackson should be called up over Haber.

2 hours ago, Vince193 said:

"Games against Mexico we need players like haber "

*shudders*

Here's a scenario for you: We're in Vancouver, it's 1-1 in the 75th minute and Larin is tiring. Floro is clearly (and probably justifiably) playing for the draw. Who do you want in his place? Jackson or Haber? I know my choice.

Archived