WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greater Vancouver Area's population on wiki is 2.3M. Closest major Canadian city (sorry Victoria) is Calgary (1.3) at a 10Hr drive and 12 if you're coming from Edmonton (900K). Contrast that with GTA (6M) and Ottawa (900K) is 4Hr away and Montreal (3.8M) 5Hr. If the 15K is correct, Vancouver is less than 2K less than BMO with less than 1/2 the accessible population. I'd say they are either over-sold or BMO was severely under-sold

BMO is under-sold.

Looks like Strommen IF spilled the beans that Simon Thomas was called up for the games vs. Honduras and El Salvador: http://www.strommen-if.no/news/article/1f9nl4dsyo2271lom804q0zfnt/title/simon-thomas-spiller-vm-kvalik

No surprise there! Thomas has had a solid year with Strommen, it's good that he's worked his way back into the third keeper conversation.

Is Aird and RB? I'm kind of surprised that Ledgerwood was left off as he is better, IMO, than a converted CB like Ouimette or Hainault at that spot. But if Aird can fill the role, maybe not a big deal.

Nik was injured, not sure of his current state but I assume that's why he was left out.

With the exception of Osorio being left off the roster, don't think there are any changes I'd make. I'd swap him and Froese but realistically Osorio is a sub at best on the roster.

I think pint's starting 11 is spot on, except I'd have de Guzman in for Johnson due to Johnson's potential fitness issues. Excited to see what this group can do.

I wouldn't be surprised if those callups were made to play to the home/local crowd.

completely forgot about that, and it works with the marketing of the game....and on that note I am no longer surprised as it makes complete sense considering neither with play.

You have to think Floro may go with a middle 3 of Hutch, De Guz and Sam instead of Will. Also Ricketts may start ahead of Tesho.

Floro rates Straith, so he definitely plays before Sam.

Ricketts ahead of Tesho is highly likely.....which I'm okay with.

Adekugbe and Morgan after Morgan's injury were a bit of a toss up so it makes sense to go with the local player, unlikely he'll get off the bench. Froese has looked decent and it's his home turf so it makes sense to bring him in as well, especially as he has played in a lot of positions for Vancouver in the last few months.

Archived