WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

How are ticket sales going?

What kind of crowd can we expect? 15k? 20K? 25K?

Would be nice if we could sell out the lower bowl and keep the curtains up. Whats that? 27K?

I have heard that 20,000+ is a real possibility but don't quote me, not because the info source isn't good (Jamie) but because I'm not sure exactly what configuration the lower bowl has with what number of seats. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought 8 today, but I've been trying to organize guys from my over-40s team for a few weeks, so I've been keeping an eye on the ticket master map.  Based on that limited view, the $20 seats were gone some time ago, and the $40 seats have been going steadily (I had hoped to get closer to the Vs section (205, 206, 207) but they went faster).  Still a bunch of tickets in the $60 sections.  Lower bowl looks about 80-90% sold.  That's about 16-18K I would guess.

Well done Vancouver!  One more final marketing push plus the inevitable giveaways and they'll surely sell out the lower bowl.  Especially with a Caps home playoff game this weekend.

TSN and a sell out against Honduras... this is shaping up to be the biggest letdown since October 16, 2012.  Can't wait.

I know the lower bowl seats around 27k. But the whitecaps tarp off the upper section of the lower bowl so their capacity is around 21k. 

Not sure if CSA has been selling the seats normally tarped off by the whitecaps. 

That screenshot looks encouraging. Hopefully the grey seats are actually sold, not just not on sale yet or reserved for groups who wont buy them all. 

I just bought 8 today, but I've been trying to organize guys from my over-40s team for a few weeks, so I've been keeping an eye on the ticket master map.  Based on that limited view, the $20 seats were gone some time ago, and the $40 seats have been going steadily (I had hoped to get closer to the Vs section (205, 206, 207) but they went faster).  Still a bunch of tickets in the $60 sections.  Lower bowl looks about 80-90% sold.  That's about 16-18K I would guess.

Shorty, don't know if you heard but a bunch of us are playing a friendly game on Friday afternoon before the qualifier (1:30 pm Andy Livingstone)...let your team-mates know about it, everyone is welcome. You can post in that thread if you're game

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/28592-supporters-match-nov-13th/

a journalist needs to flat out ask floro why the fuck Osorio isn't there. And not accept some wishy washy answer.

This is extra interesting because Cavillani one of Osorios good friends has just joined the fold after literally throwing Canada under the bus to the media. I wonder what discussions between Cavillani and Osorio are like these days.

all we know is Osorio gets mad when getting subbed off of Gold Cup= not called up the next 5 FIFA matches SMH

a journalist needs to flat out ask floro why the fuck Osorio isn't there. And not accept some wishy washy answer.

This is extra interesting because Cavillani one of Osorios good friends has just joined the fold after literally throwing Canada under the bus to the media. I wonder what discussions between Cavillani and Osorio are like these days.

all we know is Osorio gets mad when getting subbed off of Gold Cup= not called up the next 5 FIFA matches SMH

Osorio has said talk to Floro. 

Oh great. Another thread complaining about a guy who has never impressed for Canada, and who has a clear attitude problem, being left out of the squad. He's not a RW. He's not a better LW than Hoilett, nor possibly Akindele given Floro's preference for speed at those wing positions. He's not a better option for the #10 spot than Hutchinson. Nor, IMO, than De Guzman. He doesn't have a defensive bone in his body, so won't be in one of the two deep-lying roles in the midfield triangle. What role does he have for this team? Sure, he might be better than some of the guys that make the roster, but he's nowhere near my first XI given Floro's preferred 4-3-3 configuration.

Dude, they have asked why Osorio isn't there.  Floro was blunt and said he believes in Bekker, this has been discussed over and over.  Osorio isn't a game changer for us, let's focus on who is going to be there and get the job done.

How are people surprised/angered over this?  As far as I'm concerned Osorio was outperformed by both Bernier and Bekker last Thursday and he has consistently been passed over to begin with.  This was expected.  

I really don't think this is about attitude.  Floro's system requires high pressure, box to box stuff out of his mids.  That's just not Osorio.  

Osorio is a good player but I don't think he is good enough to influence a WCQ.  He fades in and out at MLS level. Contributed nothing in the playoff game last week.  

Floro is going in a different direction than we have in previous WCQ campaigns.  Different is good.

I really don't think this is about attitude.  Floro's system requires high pressure, box to box stuff out of his mids.  That's just not Osorio.  

Osorio is a good player but I don't think he is good enough to influence a WCQ.  He fades in and out at MLS level. Contributed nothing in the playoff game last week.  

Floro is going in a different direction than we have in previous WCQ campaigns.  Different is good.

+1 

This isn't FIFA 16 people.  You don't just toss in the highest rated players, use the trick stick, run down the line and cross in.  This is real life, real systems and real tactics.  Is Benito defensive?  Sure, but many of the best teams and managers in the world are and without a doubt our football identity is DEFENSIVE.  It's only logical.

I guess im feeling a bit better after reading some of your explanations.

still would have liked to see him in the 23.

but I can see your reasoning and what Floro may be thinking

still hate the defensive setup though. especially if we lineup a defensive formation at home and invite Honduras to pressure us.

As far as I'm concerned Osorio was outperformed by both Bernier and Bekker last Thursday and he has consistently been passed over to begin with.  This was expected.  

Until he got that shot on goal I thought Bekker was pretty anonymous, apart from his towhead.  But as BrennanFan pointed out, Osorio wasn't able to step up when Giovinco was getting shut down.  He also didn't make difference as a starter in his preferred central midfield position vs Costa Rica at BMO (but then again, neither did Bekker vs El Salvador)  As others have stated here, he doesn't fit with what Floro wants to do tactically.  Fair enough.

Soooo what boggles my mind (though he hasn't been confirmed as being in the squad) is that y'all would advocate for a player like Bernier to be included, who hasn't done much for the national team, and just recently caught form....over Osorio who has consistently performed over the past few years, and hasn't got a real opportunity to impress. It's 35 vs 22. What never worked vs. What hasn't gotten a chance. The past vs The present and future. 

Osorio's best performances for TFC have been from when he is playing behind the strikers, and not on the LW. I understand the high pressure, and outside speed that Floro likes to have in his system, but for him to not receive any call ups, and to be selected over the likes of  Kyle Bekker is not justifiable. I don't care if you have a UEFA A License or whatever. It doesn't make sense, and it shows that Benito has a personal vendetta against him.

I seriously wonder if the Osorio bashers have watched him play outside of the Gold Cup, where not one player was impressive. Not even the chosen one Cyle. 

My opinion or not, he is easily one of the best players in the CMNT with good feet and ball control. 

Archived