WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

Has this been posted yet?  The Honduras roster:

http://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/896853-99/as%C3%AD-ser%C3%ADa-la-lista-definitiva-de-pinto-para-enfrentar-a-canad%C3%A1-y

ARQUEROS
Noel Valladares (Olimpia)
Donis Escober (Olimpia)
Luis López (Real España)

DEFENSAS
Brayan Beckeles (Necaxa, México)
Wilmer Crisanto (Motagua)
Emilio Izaguirre (Celtic, Escocia)
César Oseguera o Ever Alvarado (Motagua y Olimpia)
Maynor Figueroa (Colorado Rapids, MLS)
Johnny Palacios (Olimpia)
José Velásquez Colón (Victoria)
Jhonny Leverón (Correcaminos, México)

MEDIOCAMPISTAS
Luis Garrido (Houston Dynamo, MLS)
Bryan Acosta (Real España)
Alfredo Mejía (Panthrakikos, Grecia)
Boniek García (Houston Dynamo, MLS)
Carlos Discua (Alajuelense, Costa Rica)
Mario Martínez (ENPPI, Egipto)
Romell Quioto (Olimpia)

DELANTEROS
Jerry Bengtson (Persépolis, Irán)
Rubilio Castillo (Correcaminos, México)
Erick Andino (Motagua)
Choco Lozano (Tenerife, España)
Ángel Tejeda o Alberth Elis (H. Progreso y Olimpia)

OTRAS OPCIONES
Arnold Peralta (Olimpia)
Óscar Salas (Olimpia)
Kevin Álvarez (Olimpia)

Bryan Róchez (Orlando City, MLS)

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the strongest Honduran squad, but they will be tough nonetheless. It still won't be easy butI hope we can capitalize on the absence of Espinosa and Najar.

Izagurrie and Figueroa are quality players. The rest on the backline are all decent as well. I believe Beckles with Nexaca in Mexico will be on the right. Palacios will slot in with Figueroa, and Izagurrie on the left. Still a very good backline.

Boniek and Garrido are both solid, Mario Martinez is a tricky customer. Do not know a great deal about the rest in midfield aside from recognizing some of the names.

Up top everyone's first thought is probably Bengston, but the one that really concerns me is the young kid at Tenerife. He's been getting plenty of minutes in Segunda and looked very dangerous in the Gold Cup this past summer.

Weird, their roster was supposed to come out tomorrow. Anyways the major omissions are Bernardez and Espinoza. Awesome news as there is a noticeable drop in quality from them to either Palacios or Mejia/Discua.

-----------------------Valladeres--------------------

Beckeles--Palacios-Figueroa-Izzaguire

Garcia-------Mejia----Garrido----Martinez

-----------------Lozano---Bengston-------------

I was mistaken, Discua is a right mid. Acosta is a central mid but doubt he sees the field ahead of Mejia.

It's possible we could see a 4-5-1 formation in which case not sure who would play up top and we could possibly see Andino as the withdrawn striker. Also Crisanto could play ahead of Beckeles at RB - seems to have been getting PT from Pinto lately.

Weird, their roster was supposed to come out tomorrow. Anyways the major omissions are Bernardez and Espinoza. Awesome news as there is a noticeable drop in quality from them to either Palacios or Mejia/Discua.

-----------------------Valladeres--------------------

Beckeles--Palacios-Figueroa-Izzaguire

Garcia---Mejia/Discua-Garrido--Martinez

-----------------Lozano---Bengston-------------

Dont forget about perhaps the biggest omission of them all, Andy Najar. 

Weird, their roster was supposed to come out tomorrow.

Don't you know anything about soccer media culture in Honduras yet? Diez.hn or some other site will report any big news 1 or 2 days before the federation actually offcially says it. This is how they draw people to their website. They must be paying off people on the inside for scoops or have great connections.

To fill in space between actuall news Diez.hn will then publish shitty "analysis" articles full of bulshit like our best player is Tosaint Hoilett.

Shorty, don't know if you heard but a bunch of us are playing a friendly game on Friday afternoon before the qualifier (1:30 pm Andy Livingstone)...let your team-mates know about it, everyone is welcome. You can post in that thread if you're game

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/forums/topic/28592-supporters-match-nov-13th/

Thanks Tarnado. I did read about it (might have even posted in that thread). I'd like to personally but I tore my meniscus last month. Grr. As for the other guys, I still have to sort out when we're getting off the island. Some guys might still try to work the morning. I'll mention it again to them. 

I like this from Larin (even thought I don't agree with it):

Who are the favorites in this group?
After Mexico, Canada certainly is the favorite.

Honestly i think Canada's players quality is better than Honduras' current team so i do believe we are the favorlurites to advance if just looking at the player pools. Confidence is another thing

Apparently no Bekker either. Curious to see who the CM end up being besides the obvious ones. Bernier? Trafford?

that makes sense. Bekker gets into playoff games and he doesn't make the roster. Bekker doesn't make MTL game day squad and he makes the roster lolol.

in all seriousness, where did you hear the bekker news?

Archived