WCQ - Canada vs. Honduras Nov. 13th, 2015 Pre-Game Thread

jpg75

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well someone had to be dropped to make room for hoilett. wonder if that still leaves room for a bernier?

Has the Honduras roster been OFFICIALLY released?

Different position though. Osorio maybe but he's played more centrally for Canada. With how good Trafford looked versus Ghana I actually wouldn't be surprised to see him included again.

Good news bad news. 

And as mentioned interesting to see who comes in. Is Johnson fit again?

DeGuz, Atiba, Johnson, Tiebert, Piette <--- Almost assured to be there. Which leaves Hainault, Straith, Tissot, Trafford, JGL, Bernier and a few others?

There is a lot to choose from for two/three spots so no huge shock with those omissions. Would put Osorio above most of those names left though. 

With no Osorio or Bekker that means we have a fit Hutchinson without a doubt and likely one or both Johnson and Bernier... unless Charlie Trafford really impressed and he is on the roster, wouldn't surprise me he seemed to show well against Ghana and he has some height to him that makes him dangerous off dead balls.  

For central midfielder capable players:

For sure:

Hutchinson, Straith (also a defender), Piette, De Guzman, Teibert (also a winger)

Definitely out:

Osorio, Bekker

Remaining contenders (most likely 2 of the following):

Trafford, Bernier, Johnson, Froese

Edit: added Froese as a contender

Somewhat surprised Bekker won't be called but it was always going to be tough for him to get back into the team coming off that hamstring injury. Unlike Johnson, Bekker is not a key member of the squad right now. A good player with potential that the coach believes in? Yes, but he is not irreplaceable by any means.

With no Osorio or Bekker that means we have a fit Hutchinson without a doubt and likely one or both Johnson and Bernier... unless Charlie Trafford really impressed and he is on the roster, wouldn't surprise me he seemed to show well against Ghana and he has some height to him that makes him dangerous off dead balls.  

For central midfielder capable players:

For sure:

Hutchinson, Straith (also a defender), Piette, De Guzman, Teibert (also a winger)

Definitely out:

Osorio, Bekker

Remaining contenders (most likely 2 of the following):

Trafford, Bernier, Johnson

I have a     strange feeling that Bernier will get called, but my money would be on Johnson and Trafford. The latter did well against Ghana and the coaching staff gave him the start - perhaps that gives us a clue as to what our coaching staff thinks of him.

I have a     strange feeling that Bernier will get called, but my money would be on Johnson and Trafford. The latter did well against Ghana and the coaching staff gave him the start - perhaps that gives us a clue as to what our coaching staff thinks of him.

In regards to Trafford I think the midfield was so shallow in the last camp they pretty much had to start him, not so sure we will see him this time.

In regards to Trafford I think the midfield was so shallow in the last camp they pretty much had to start him, not so sure we will see him this time.

They were definitely forced to start him but at the same time he performed against a very good team, so that obviously counts for something.

One player I left out was Froese, he isn't featuring for Vancouver but as we know with Floro that doesn't mean he won't be there.  

for sure, he is on the outside looking in. At the same time, we have seen surprises before and he has made a case for himself. 

Any idea on what the total attendance for the Nov. 13th game is looking like? I checked Ticketmaster and it seems like more seats keep coming available i.e. doesn't look like sales are going all that well. It would be nice to hit 20k but I'm not sure that's going to happen.

been tracking ticket master the past few days. Im guessing attendance will be around 15,000. I really hope im wrong and its north of 20K. Last cycle we drew between 15 and 17K at BMO for this round.

Theres still quite a few tix avail on ticketmaster. And it doesn't look like they've released the upper seats in the lower bowl that are tarped for whitecaps regular season games.

Hopefully there will be plenty of promo at the whitecaps playoff game sunday and that caps fans pickup canMNT tix.

been tracking ticket master the past few days. Im guessing attendance will be around 15,000. I really hope im wrong and its north of 20K. Last cycle we drew between 15 and 17K at BMO for this round.

Theres still quite a few tix avail on ticketmaster. And it doesn't look like they've released the upper seats in the lower bowl that are tarped for whitecaps regular season games.

Hopefully there will be plenty of promo at the whitecaps playoff game sunday and that caps fans pickup canMNT tix.

Grant Surridge just tweeted a quote that they are well past 8,600 tickets sold

Honduras started their training camp this past Monday with 20 players, their core local players and 3 MLS players not in the playoffs.  They'll have 5 or so players coming in from Europe next week.

Many of our players will be in action this Sunday, so assuming they catch a quick flight, they'll arrive in camp Monday.  Hopefully we get a full squad training session in on Tuesday but possibly Wednesday depending on flights and Jet Lag for our 7-9 overseas based players.  

Hutchinson and Ricketts will be dealing with an 11 hour Jet Lag situation, Turkey-Vancouver.      

Official Honduran squad now out:

http://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/897866-99/oficial-los-23-convocados-de-honduras-para-juegos-ante-canadá-y-méxico

LOS CONVOCADOS

ARQUEROS
Noel Valladares (Olimpia)
Donis Escober (Olimpia)

DEFENSAS
Brayan Beckeles (Necaxa, México)
Wilmer Crisanto (Motagua)
Emilio Izaguirre (Celtic, Escocia)
Ever Alvarado (Olimpia)
Maynor Figueroa (Colorado Rapids, MLS)
Johnny Palacios (Olimpia)
José Velásquez Colón (Victoria)