NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

On 2016-05-02 at 0:39 PM, Fullback said:

Based on Canucks Abroad's twitter I'm gonna say it's a lad by the name of Liam Miller

Given that this tweet:

was based off of a tweet sent by a Mr. Alan Miller, I bet you are right. The kid's dad maybe?

Edit: So this is getting stalker-ish, but the guy has a bunch of retweets related to Liam Miller, so I bet that this is a the answer for sure. The guy also has lots of CSA and Canada-related retweets, so maybe we can expect a fair degree of loyalty in this prospect

Edited by Complete Homer

4 minutes ago, Fussball_eh said:

Where do you get this from? I was under the impression that he left the team a few months ago.

Maybe you're right, I just saw his bio on twitter and didn't see him on the list.  

It would make sense as he's barely played this season.

From liga3-online.de:

bei Michael Klauß, Reisig und Zahner sehen die Verantwortlichen keine Perspektive mehr. Dies, so schreiben die Aalener, wurde unter der Woche auch Randy Edwini-Bonsu und Oliver Schnitzler mitgeteilt. “Hier sind wir trotz bestehender Verträge auf der Suche nach einer passenden Lösung für beide Seiten”, erklärt Thiele.

Which basically confirms the tweet. He still has a contract, so the club is looking for a way out. If push comes to shove, Aalen would have to by out his contract. 

7 hours ago, masster said:

Saw this tweet a couple of days ago. Can any German speakers find any news to back this up?

GAZQKq9p_normal.jpeg Esteban Furbo (@esteban_furbo)
Randy Edwini-Bonsu got the permission to leave @VfRAalen1921 after this season, despite having a contract till 2017. //@Canucks_Abroad

VfR Aalen is a sinking ship. Everyone is leaving, but they need to make sure to have best appearance as possible to attract sponsors.

Having said that, REB didn't have the best games, from those that I watched.

LOK Leipzig will be officially promoted in 3 days (or earlier if they win tomorrow) to the 4th division after getting awarded a win for a cancelled game. The decision goes into effect in 3 days so it is not yet official and the opposing team Schott Jena can appeal but apparently will not do so. The game was cancelled out of security concerns as last weekend was a holiday and Jena did not have adequate police to provide security for a game with LOK and all their mostly far-right hooligan fans. The league awarded the points to LOK because it is Schott's responsibility to provide adequate security (the club most likely thought it was too expensive to provide private security to make up for the lack of police and didn't want to risk the expense of stadium damage for a game that was meaningless to them). There is something wrong with being awarded a match because your club has a lot of hooligans although to be fair LOK did offer to hold the game in their own stadium and were turned down by the league.  As much as I hate LOK, it is nice to see Julien Latendresse-Levesque get back into a decent playing level. He played 90 minutes every game this year for LOK except for the 5 games he was suspended because of a fight.

http://www.lok-leipzig.com/verein/news/detail/article/fcl-bekommt-punkte-vom-schott-jena-spiel/

http://www.fanreport.com/de/thueringen/liga/oberliga-nord-ost-sued/news/saisonhoehepunkt-abgesagt-schott-jena-vs-lok-leipzig-faellt-aus-235035

Edited by Grizzly

Pedro Pacheco got a nice mention in this article on football in the Azores. Santa Clara saved themselves from relegation to Portugal's third tier this year:

Ever reliable club captain Pedro Pacheco has also been a mainstay in the side’s midfield this season. Born in Ponta Delgada but a Canadian international, Pacheco has been with the club for 16 seasons in four separate spells. This season he scored 3 goals in 39 games and, at just 31 years of age, will surely give the club another few seasons of service.