NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

Never thought I'd see the day where I'd think Boakai was better off staying with FC Edmonton, but here we are.

Although, it looks like Landskrona are in second place right now. Could be a candidate for promotion. If he ends up in the Swedish second division in 2017 that makes the move look much better IMO.

Edited by shermanator

12 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Wow...Larin not starting tonight. He's on the bench.

Seems like the Orlando fans have been complaining about him. Saying he is boring and that MLS defences have figured him out. I doubt that has anything to do with him on the bench tonight. I was always of the opinion that he should stay in MLS and get more experience, but now that I hear these things maybe now is the right time to move on to bigger things.

Let's get a little perspective here, folks. Larin is being rested. Just like Giovinco is being rested.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/os-live-updates-orlando-city-new-york-red-bulls-20160713-story.html

Before the contest, Murphy said he is trying to "manage bodies" during the Lions' road trip from New York to Vancouver this week.  

45 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Anyone else catch Vic Rauter talking about Findley being a Dual citizen on wed night game vs TFC?  I was half expecting a bunch of Findley talk today.  

Old news

Edited by Oranje

3 hours ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Basque club? Can a Quebecois transfer to Bilbao?

The club has a Basque name, but is not in the Basque country. Still the club used the basque word Star for the name of the club. 

And if a Quebecois has Basque heritage, he can transfer to Bilbao. (See Fernando Amorebieta)  

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

The club has a Basque name, but is not in the Basque country. Still the club used the basque word Star for the name of the club. 

And if a Quebecois has Basque heritage, he can transfer to Bilbao. (See Fernando Amorebieta)  

The club is from Navarra which belongs to the greater basque country(historically speaking.

Learnt of this in the Curva tonight at Caps, will just repeat what I said there about Izarra, which is the Basque name for Estella.

First, I've been to that stadium, saw them play Cultural Leonesa maybe 6 years ago. Very small stadium and a bit crude and utilitarian, as pics show, but in a beautiful town I went to once on the Camino de Santiago. In Navarra, which is as Ivanovski94 says, is culturally and historically Basque, though a different region politically in Spain (Biarritz in France is also the Basque Country, for example). Damn nice place to live, Navarra has the best quality of life in Spain, best social services too.

This team is weak and its economy is not too strong, very often promotes into 2B then drops back, but last year stayed up handily, lower mid table. In Navarra the only major team is Osasuna in Pamplona, less than an hour away. All the rest are modest, though this year they'll have 4 Navarra teams in the 2B division, unusual. Piette signing comes after they played vs. him last season, when he was at Racing Ferrol. Funny, Izarra squeeked out a draw when Ferrol was leading the division, but they must have liked him. The press refers to his defensive pace above all, Izarra drops off badly away from home.

The clubs from Navarra are all very angry they've been placed in a group with lots of travelling, crossing a region that is not in their group, raising costs. Like having PEI teams play in a Quebec league and N Brunswick with the rest of the Maritimes.

In Navarra, as you'll know if you've seen Osasuna or other Basque teams, they play a more direct physical game, closer to classic English. Very often these teams in 2B have strong, experienced journeymen. I doubt Sam is making much money, if it is 50 grand CDN with the exchange I'd be surprised.

On 11/05/2016 at 0:16 AM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Malyk Hamilton has signed with West Ham as a full-time scholar and will start playing with their u16s. His next step from there will be the u18s. 

Here is the latest info I was able to find on Malyk from someone who closely follows West Ham youth players.

'Malyk is an attacking midfielder from Canada who is part of this season's scholarship intake. He joined as an U12 from Calgary Foothills and was one of the U16s key players last season whilst making a few U18 appearances. He is one of a few players from this group to make their U18 debut as an U15 (in the 2014/15 season).

It's hard to say what the U18s are going to do attacking-midfielder wise. As well as Domingos Quina there is also Dan Kemp but I reckon in the second half of the season the first two will be mainly U21 players and Malyk should be first choice AM for the 18s.'