NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

According to Josh Deming, Kevaughn Tavernier is on trial at AS Monaco and had already played a couple friendlies with Monaco’s reserve side against Manchester United and Strousbourg’s reserves.  Apparently he scored a goal in the game against Strousbourg.

does he have a dedicated thread on this site? 

52 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Here’s the article from the French press:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2024/exclusive-canada-u20-winger-kevaughn-tavernier-on-trial-at-as-monaco/

Playing with “groupe elite” who is basically Monaco’s reserves. Started against Manchester United and played around 60, guy who replaced him scored immediately after he was subbed in. Against Strasbourg, he came on at half time and scored a minute after he came on.

Between his goal against Chivas, two with the U20s, and now this, he’s forming quite the body of work for himself. 

So basically he’s the next Mbappe?

Just now, Jack1997 said:

So basically he’s the next Mbappe?

If he even has 50% of the performance at the next World Cup that Mbappe had in ‘18, this board would just permanently crash. Someone would open up a “The Importance of the Super League: why players like Kevaughn Tavernier are too good for the premier league” thread within minutes of his first goal. 

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Last year he signed a development contract with Forge.

https://forgefc.canpl.ca/article/forge-fc-sign-three-canadians-to-development-contracts

Perhaps they just temporarily signed him for CCC and he's now a free agent?

That was my understanding as well. Although, he was still under contract outside the European transfer window in February. I don't know what a developmental contract does to that eligibility, but by normal standards, he still would not be able to be signed until the summer.

I'd imagine Monaco B doesn't have that many games left anyway so might not make much of a difference in the end 

Edited by Atlantic

7 hours ago, nolando said:

This says he is NOT signed but it's all dependent on whose source you prefer to believe...Screenshot_20240405_202254_Instagram.thumb.jpg.14f4f380917ca558aa9fe07a2621595c.jpg

I was just at the Forge kit launch last week and they were highlighting him and Schiavoni as our Canada u20 players. Unless this opportunity came up and forge released him to pursue it? Honestly wouldn’t be bad business to do so. Would be an incredible feat for the club. 

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I was just at the Forge kit launch last week and they were highlighting him and Schiavoni as our Canada u20 players. Unless this opportunity came up and forge released him to pursue it? Honestly wouldn’t be bad business to do so. Would be an incredible feat for the club. 

Maybe it's just a trial and he gets back in time for the start of the CPL season?

• 2 weeks later...