NEW Mother of all Canucks Abroad (and domestic)

Fussball_eh

Dos Santos signed two more Canadians at Swope Park Rangers:

http://www.sportingkc.com/post/2016/03/02/swope-park-rangers-sign-amer-didic-and-tyler-pasher

Tyler Pasher and Bosnian-born, Edmonton-raised Amer Didic. Apparently, Didic has represented Canada at the Summer Universidade in Korea last summer. I think this season there's more Canadian Pro-footballers playing in North-American than ever before. 

Edited by shamrock
spelling errors

It's been a little over 160 days, since about a dozen hard-working volunteers & myself, have made the change from just a simple text list on the first page of the thread, to an ever changing work in progress, accessed by about a dozen people 24/7, to constantly reflect our player movements world wide.

Location here: http://www.thevoyageurs.org/mother-of-all-canadians-abroad-list/ . (Please Note the many Tabs below).

You may not now this, but we have an unbranded URL you can embed or link on your own websites. All I ask in return, is that you please give credit to @Canucks_Abroad , if you decide to use it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mfyBdTWcz7Jk9i7IFim-6XLLLAuPPm8TGLqZNNKkfaQ/pubhtml# .

There was a big amount of resistance to this change here on the forum. I'd appreciate some feedback on how people are liking it now that the process has been in action for a good junk of time? Constructive criticism only please.

Also, it is the time of the year, where we should all check our various regions of expertise and see if anything still needs to be updated. I'd appreciate your collective help in identifying mistakes. Just post it here and we will update.

If you want to be part of the independent Canucks Abroad team, ping me via DM and we may be able to facilitate that, depending on the amount of time you can commit to this creative social media experiment.

Cheers,

Jon Eden
Founder of the current Canucks Abroad

5 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

There was a big amount of resistance to this change here on the forum. I'd appreciate some feedback on how people are liking it now that the process has been in action for a good junk of time? Constructive criticism only please.

To be fair, the resistance wasn't to the spreadsheet per se.  It was more to the presentation of "This is how it's going to be done from now on, so if y'all don't like it, tough shit."

I think it works well though.

7 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

It's been a little over 160 days, since about a dozen hard-working volunteers & myself, have made the change from just a simple text list on the first page of the thread, to an ever changing work in progress, accessed by about a dozen people 24/7, to constantly reflect our player movements world wide.

Location here: http://www.thevoyageurs.org/mother-of-all-canadians-abroad-list/ . (Please Note the many Tabs below).

You may not now this, but we have an unbranded URL you can embed or link on your own websites. All I ask in return, is that you please give credit to @Canucks_Abroad , if you decide to use it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mfyBdTWcz7Jk9i7IFim-6XLLLAuPPm8TGLqZNNKkfaQ/pubhtml# .

Also, it is the time of the year, where we should all check our various regions of expertise and see if anything still needs to be updated. I'd appreciate your collective help in identifying mistakes. Just post it here and we will update.

If you want to be part of the independent Canucks Abroad team, ping me via DM and we may be able to facilitate that, depending on the amount of time you can commit to this creative social media experiment.

Cheers,

Jon Eden
Founder of the current Canucks Abroad

I think that the real question was primarily one of trying to come to consensus and explain things properly. It was also a question of appreciating that the Voyageurs effort in Canucks Abroad has been going on since last century and could not be altered without open discussion.

I very much appreciate how you responded to those concerns, excellently and patiently. Since then the tone of the thread has been great, and the expanded content appreciated. The format is also acceptable, very functional, not particularly attractive in presentation, but totally useful. Good work.

So it seems both Thomas and Chencinski are going to be the backups for their clubs. That's unfortunate.

edit: Based on Bodo/Glimt's Twitter right before the season started they got Iceland's #1 keeper on loan. What a gut punch to Thomas.

Edited by Vince193

On 3/10/2016 at 2:30 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think that the real question was primarily one of trying to come to consensus and explain things properly. It was also a question of appreciating that the Voyageurs effort in Canucks Abroad has been going on since last century and could not be altered without open discussion.

I very much appreciate how you responded to those concerns, excellently and patiently. Since then the tone of the thread has been great, and the expanded content appreciated. The format is also acceptable, very functional, not particularly attractive in presentation, but totally useful. Good work.

I should have explained the process better and I never meant to step on any people's toes. Thanks for your feedback.

Now that its functional, we can worry about appearance. My problem is, I suck at formatting things and have zero feeling for aesthetics. How can we make it more appealing in the next step?

22 minutes ago, Fussball_eh said:

I should have explained the process better and I never meant to step on any people's toes. Thanks for your feedback.

Now that its functional, we can worry about appearance. My problem is, I suck at formatting things and have zero feeling for aesthetics. How can we make it more appealing in the next step?

I suck at appearance too, but I am very good at saying when appearance sucks!! People who know what I do professionally will know what I mean.

As a professional, then, here is my two bits: the best way of making something look really good is asking someone really good at design to design it.

Seriously, I don't think the look matters, it is fine as there is a lot of information there and it is best for it to be easy to consult,  visible on a single screen and not overly complex.

On 3/21/2016 at 8:24 AM, Vince193 said:

I don't think Brad Beaumont or Maleik Gray are with W Connection in Trinidad anymore. I can't find them on the website. They were brought up by Toronto Skillz so they could pop up in League1 Ontario.

Thanks. We'll look into it.

14 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Looks like Ethan Gage has stopped playing, at least for now: http://932kick.com/news.php?news_id=1283139

That really sucks. He should have stayed in Sweden :-(. Kinda reminds me of the David Monsalve situation with Finland and then another country (Colombia). Monsalve now plays in Guatemala, instead of coaching in League One. Maybe Ethan Gage, will get another chance.

Moved him to "All-Time"/Retired. A section that we still need to improve.

It is never nice to see players end their careers early (if that is what he is doing) but he is turning 25 and how much would he be earning in lower division Scandanavia or if he went to USL. Even if he tried out for FCE and made it (which I am not that sure he would) he would be still living 300 kms from his home town and not earning very much. At some point players have to realistically assess their career and take other opportunities if they are available.