TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

And if Morgan leaves TFC, prepare for Nana Attakora v2. Nowhere for him to go in MLS. Too pricey for NASL. 

That's how I see it playing out too, unless MLS finally stops discriminating against Canadians. Then there might be a chance of another MLS team taking a flyer on him.

He will probably end up in Finland.

Just a few years ago the kid was playing regularly and setting up quite a few Danny Koevermans goals. Now he can't even get a game in his natural position over Jackson who is dreadful.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if Morgan leaves TFC, prepare for Nana Attakora v2. Nowhere for him to go in MLS. Too pricey for NASL. 

Attakora was at San Jose and now is at DC United, so he's had two other opportunities in MLS.  I actually think Morgan will get another look in MLS because his strengths may play out better in a different playing system (i.e. where he is encouraged to get forward on the overlap and play in crosses those quality crosses we saw quite often in Toronto).

^ It is so annoying. No ill will towards the guy, he is not a bad player, but come on. Why can't he see that Bradley-Warner in the middle doesn't work? It gotta be Bradley-Osorio, Unless you go:

---------------Osorio---------------

--------Bradley -----Warner------

I wonder what will break first:

- Nelsen's love affair with Collen Warner?

- Nelsen's love affair with 4-4-2?

- Nelsen's welcome at TFC?

......As happy as I am that the play-offs look to be insight, I feel that TFC should be much closer to DC and KC with the roster they have.

I think his love affair largely has to do with a youthful/inexperienced backline needing protection.  Thus the double DM.  If Bekker had the engine and defensive awareness he would be in.  Osorio is fine where he is IMO.

Why not have a double DM with an AM at the top of a triangle?

Why not have a double DM with an AM at the top of a triangle?

If you watch closely that's how they usually counter attack.  4-4-2 is generally their defensive shape.  But their counter attack shape is not a traditional 4-4-2 all the time.  It changes according to the opponent and the nature of the game.

If you watch closely that's how they usually counter attack.  4-4-2 is generally their defensive shape.  But their counter attack shape is not a traditional 4-4-2 all the time.  It changes according to the opponent and the nature of the game.

On attack, Osorio pinches in and Morrow attacks the space. More like 3-2-3-2 (or variation of)

Nelsen always chooses strength and physicality over technical abilities. With only 3 offensive players on the field (2 strikers plus Osorio on the wing as I suggested a couple of months ago) you get solid but pretty boring football. I guess digzTFC is right and Nelsen doesn't have a lot of faith in his back line. On the other hand I think Nelsen is just a defensive minded coach, no matter what the backline looks like.

Morgan won't play. I'd be surprised if we see him or De Rosario again on the field other than garbage minutes.

Morgan is done in Toronto under Nelsen.

They will probably make a trade for some mediocre journeyman American before Morgan ever gets another sniff of the field.

Morgan won't play. I'd be surprised if we see him or De Rosario again on the field other than garbage minutes.

Morgan is done in Toronto under Nelsen.

They will probably make a trade for some mediocre journeyman American before Morgan ever gets another sniff of the field.

Nelsen needs to be gone.  This team has severely under performed despite the current position in the standings.  People say "Oh well they need time".. so what's DC's secret? They were worse than us last year and did less during the off season and they're performing better than us, actually they embarrassed us a few weeks back. 

Making the playoffs shouldn't let Nelsen keep his job.  Any coach in this league would make the playoffs with our squad... hell Colin Miller would make the playoffs with this TFC team.

Apparently Creavalle should be back for Saturday.

I doubt Morgan plays. It would probably take Orr and Jackson getting injured as well before Nelsen would consider it.

Nelsen will probably throw him at right back again... he's done really well there.

Or better yet Nelsen's dream we can put Osorio on the bench and somehow get Brockie back on loan before the window closes.  Clog the midfield with Warner, Creavalle and Bradley.. hope that Defoe can carry the ball through the whole team and we can win 1-0.  Mourinho 2.0 here.

-----------------Defoe--------------------

Lovitz-----------------------------Brockie

-----------Bradley--Warner------------

---------------Creavalle---------------

Bloom--Hagglund--Henry---Jackson

---------------Bendik-------------------

Morrow has been one of our 5 best players this year.  He's a really really solid LB and deserves to be starting.  But this is really Morgan's time to shine down the stretch. 

He did have couple games in a row where I was disappointed with his play and felt he should have taken a seat but was allowed to play through that slump.

Archived