Pacific FC - 2024 Season Thread

Big_M

7 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

The amount of kits and team gear in the crowd always surprises me. Do we know if clubs get a decent percentage from that, or if it mostly goes to Macron?

I noticed this too.

Did they announce the attendance for yesterday?

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

The amount of kits and team gear in the crowd always surprises me. Do we know if clubs get a decent percentage from that, or if it mostly goes to Macron?

Royalties are usually less than 10% per jersey sold. Most goes to Macron and retailer which could go the club if bought from their shop.

Otherwise, monies would come from Macron if they made payments to be CPL's kit supplier and league HQ distributes an allocation to each club.

KitCostBreakdown.jpg

2 hours ago, red card said:

Royalties are usually less than 10% per jersey sold. Most goes to Macron and retailer which could go the club if bought from their shop.

Otherwise, monies would come from Macron if they made payments to be CPL's kit supplier and league HQ distributes an allocation to each club.

KitCostBreakdown.jpg

You have to remember that Adidas would pay a huge sum to have that deal, and then you have shirt sponsors. I think it is 90 million pounds a year for 10 years. Then your shirt sponsor is paying over 50 million pound a year. 

If you have a premium player then you will end up selling that shirt to the fans and the relatively small % is multiplied accordingly. 

It'd be fun to know which shirt is the best selling in the history of the CPL, club, and player.

15 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Pacific always has great deals for season ticket holders on their kits. 2024 kits are 50% off for season ticket holders...whereas Vancouver FC only offers season ticket holders 10% off.

In addition, a 2023 kit was included with my Pacific season seat purchase this year.

40 minutes ago, masster said:

Pacific always has great deals for season ticket holders on their kits. 2024 kits are 50% off for season ticket holders...whereas Vancouver FC only offers season ticket holders 10% off.

In addition, a 2023 kit was included with my Pacific season seat purchase this year.

Crazy to not have a league-wide policy on this one. The more CPL jerseys on backs the better for everyone.

I liked the progress he made over the course of last season. He played a lot of minutes but being the 4th midfielder on the team after Aparicio/Young/Toussaint he never really made a spot in the middle his own (even played outside right every now and then when Pacific went with a 4-4-2). 

As seen in the Valour game there were a few plays where he just didn't quite link up with Sellouf so a bit more polish will go a long way but I suppose you can say that about most CPL players. I think he's good enough to be a regular starter playing beside Young.

18 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

Steffen Yeates.... good little player, looked pretty dangerous against Valour. What do PFC fans think of him?

He's grown on me. I prefer him over Bahous or Lamothe right now, but I also want to see more of Reid and Tirco who have seen far to little of the field in my opinion 

Edited by Aird25

Friend tells Times-Colonist that the club isn't for sale: “We did not make this investment to disappear.”

“Soccer people in this country have screamed for years of the need for a national pro league,” said Friend. “Then right from the start there was negativity around it.”

“We need investment in Canadian soccer like CSB. It is the catalyst to growth in this country. There have been a lot of misinformed people talking about it and we have not had the opportunity to defend it.”

"Our league has never been healthier and is studying expansion strategies and new markets. It’s like any business. That [$125 million] represents a lot of investment that has laid this foundation, where none existed before.”

The journalist may be reading this forum as he writes: The transition from local, amateur regional leagues to a proper Canadian soccer pyramid like other nations have has been painful to some in Canadian soccer who simply can’t accept the change.

https://www.timescolonist.com/sports/pacific-fc-co-owner-insists-club-not-for-sale-and-defends-csb-deal-8605412

On 4/27/2024 at 1:56 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Usual bizarre narrative that pretends MLS, FC Edmonton and the Ottawa Fury didn't already exist in Canada and that CanPL's business model represented the only possible approach for proceeding further from there. How exactly have they not had an opportunity to defend the CSB deal? 

It's bizarre to you because it's not what you want to hear. Keep being a hater dipshit.

• 2 weeks later...

https://pacificfc.canpl.ca/article/pacific-fc-and-bundesligas-vfl-bochum-announce-exclusive-partnership

This pioneering partnership will span all aspects of the two club’s operations including potential for player transfers, player and coach development, and business and youth programming. 

On the football side, the clubs will meet regularly to collaborate on player development, scouting and recruitment. The partnership enables each club with the potential of using player loans to enrich player experience, both culturally and on the pitch. The knowledge and experience sharing includes coaching staff as well as innovation and technology that lead to enhanced player performance. 

Front office staff from both clubs will participate in shared industry knowledge across several areas including fan culture, matchday experience and marketing and public relations strategies. 

Like Pacific FC, Bochum has robust female and male youth programs. The partnership between the clubs represents an international opportunity for VI Wave players to go abroad, or players from Bochum, located in Western Germany, to come to Vancouver Island and attend Pacific FC’s The Football Academy at Shawnigan Lake. 

Both clubs will seek to create joint football events, such as football academies or school camps in support of players from both countries. The clubs will transfer their know-how in talent development to optimize the development processes in the youth sector. 

Edited by Big_M