Zac McGraw

Atlantic

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Stupid question but are military personnel allowed to have dual-citizenship?

Apparently you don't require US citizenship to join their military. I remember some stories in the press, twenty years ago, about Canadian citizens who had joined the US army in order to fight in Iraq. The same was true back in the Vietnam era.

17 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Apparently you don't require US citizenship to join their military. I remember some stories in the press, twenty years ago, about Canadian citizens who had joined the US army in order to fight in Iraq. The same was true back in the Vietnam era.

I seem to recall reading something about dual-nationals/non-citizens not being allowed to work where they would have access to nuclear weapons/nuclear weapons technology, but otherwise there were no issues.

Did some social media sleuthing.

His mother Laurie is from Spirit River, Alberta and may have grown up in the greater Victoria B.C. area. I had never heard of this Spirit River before. It's 1 hour south of Grand Prairie.

Zac himself grew up in the L.A. area going to Galaxy games.

https://www.oregonlive.com/timbers/2023/03/stepping-into-leadership-role-for-portland-timbers-zac-mcgraw-embraces-the-pressure.html

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Look all I’m saying is that regardless of nationality, a Zac McGraw should be playing for the US just like any player named Gordon MacDonald should automatically play for us. 

Having grown up with numerous MacDonalds and McGraws in small town Canada, as well as Gordons and Zacs, I don't understand this at all

3 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

We found our new Doneil Henry! :D

I'm already picturing it- meaningless away game in Honduras, we start McGraw, Henry, Laryea,and Cavalini and Herdman just goes and sits down with the bench players and lets his guys do what they wanna do out there. 9 yellows, 4 reds, score irrelevant, we leave the field under a wave of garbage being thrown at us. Real nation building moment.