Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

3 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Where did they get 7 minutes. I know there were a couple of var checks, but neither was that long. This whole world cup the added time has been so much

That is FIFA head ref Collina - who is trying to change the way injury time is dealt with to allow for more actual playing time by offsetting the time wasted through time on the ground, slowly take free kicks, etc.  personally I am all for it.  

24 minutes ago, frmr said:

Rickets is not a good TV personality (yet). He's trying too hard and it seems fake and annoying.

He doesn't come across as a seasoned veteran, but I think he does a good job and will get better. I like his insights and think he sounds good: no hesitations or stumbles, clear expressions. 

6 minutes ago, RJB said:

He doesn't come across as a seasoned veteran, but I think he does a good job and will get better. I like his insights and think he sounds good: no hesitations or stumbles, clear expressions. 

He hasn’t been very analytical yet but I agree that he has an engaging presence 

Moscato has been good, a shame that she has been relegated to stay in a TSN studio in Toronto. She has been the most insightful of any of the Canucks on TSN’s panel IMO

Can't really focus on this Spain shite🤣, when I'd normally be engaged.

Spain without two natural CBs and with no striker, the old tactic we've seen for years occasionally for Spain, Barça and even, lately, Real Madrid.

You'll notice few fans in the more expensive seats. The stats here show a very small Spanish contingent there, perhaps not even 5000. The enthusiasm for the NT is rather selective, and Spaniards don't seem to be spending on it that eagerly. Has been commented by the press that a lot of Qatari fans are wearing Spain shirts and are Spain supporters. 

2-0, Asensio