Forge FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

I haven't seen much talk about him yet, but James is a huge pick-up for us. He is, in my opinion, the best defender in the league. Not sure how long we can keep him, but as long as he stays healthy, opposition forwards are going to have a hard time scoring. A Krutzen-James pair with Jonsson as D-mid would have been ridiculous for this league.

On another note, is Choiniere injured? I must have missed that. Was away and didn't watch the whole away games.

20 hours ago, Cicero said:

I haven't seen much talk about him yet, but James is a huge pick-up for us. He is, in my opinion, the best defender in the league. Not sure how long we can keep him, but as long as he stays healthy, opposition forwards are going to have a hard time scoring. A Krutzen-James pair with Jonsson as D-mid would have been ridiculous for this league.

On another note, is Choiniere injured? I must have missed that. Was away and didn't watch the whole away games.

Came to the thread to ask how James was doing. Was able follow his up and downs in Europe, more so a few years ago than recently but great to hear he is playing and making difference. Never have too many Canadian centre backs who are. 

On 5/11/2023 at 1:36 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Came to the thread to ask how James was doing. Was able follow his up and downs in Europe, more so a few years ago than recently but great to hear he is playing and making difference. Never have too many Canadian centre backs who are. 

Then he has to go and make me look bad by giving up the ball in front of the net at the end of Saturday's game...but overall, he's been a very good addition.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious about the convenience to go to Tim Horton's Field and back if you're commuting. I've been to Forge games by car but I'm wondering how easy it is for those on the Lakeshore West line to access the stadium by transit. TFC has the advantage to have Exhibition Station next to their stadium - shouldn't there be shuttle buses during games linking Hamilton GO to the stadium and back?

Otherwise, I totally get why those on that corridor just go east to Toronto instead of west to Hamilton. As much as I like watching Forge, if I don't have a car - there's no way I'd go there by transit from where I live unless there's a GO bus going straight to the stadium.

Edited by Ansem

54 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I'm curious about the convenience to go to Tim Horton's Field and back if you're commuting. I've been to Forge games by car but I'm wondering how easy it is for those on the Lakeshore West line to access the stadium by transit. TFC has the advantage to have Exhibition Station next to their stadium - shouldn't there be shuttle buses during games linking Hamilton GO to the stadium and back?

Otherwise, I totally get why those on that corridor just go east to Toronto instead of west to Hamilton. As much as I like watching Forge, if I don't have a car - there's no way I'd go there by transit from where I live unless there's a GO bus going straight to the stadium.

I think you’re a lot more likely to find commuters at Forge games that come from south of the lake as opposed to north of the lake. I’ve definitely talked to Burlington/Oakville people who frequent Forge games, but I’d arbitrarily consider Mississauga as the cut-off where most people head towards Toronto due to convenience.

Unfortunately the full GO Transit service does not begin until Burlington, so unless you’re taking a GO Bus there isn’t really a means of none-car travel towards Niagara.

• 2 weeks later...

This was I think completely unprompted. This person hates Forge and more notably hates all things Canadian Soccer.

Their feed is literally complaining and insulting Canadian soccer and saying we are nothing because we haven't won any continental club titles lmao.

Edited by VinceA

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, nolando said:

I got a Voyageurs kick out of seeing David Edgar coaching. He has a Merriman type vibe about him, was doing a tonne of the directing for Forge last night in Langley, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a head coach  sometime soon. 

I have had a chance to converse with him at a couple of Forge functions, he definitely is a student of the game and is very articulate when he explains strategies and player performance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...