Forge FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

I don’t think it’s an academy team per Se as it looks like from the article they have the same relationship as Forge has with Sigma and they are also going to announce similar partnerships with other clubs. 

It's comparable to what TFC are doing in Windsor and London with Windsor City and FC London rather than with the fully funded and merit only based TFC Academy. Gets your brand out there and helps you keep tabs on who the promising players that are emerging might be in those cities without having to invest huge sums of money.

What struck me when I saw that was more that the Forge appear to finally be doing what they should have been doing right from the start by preparing for what comes after Bobby Smyrniotis when there is no more Sigma FC pipeline. Doesn't mean they plan to get rid of him but there were rumours a few months back that he might be heading to CF Montreal, for example.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, longlugan said:

Am so stoked for this game tomorrow. There'll be about a dozen of us going.

Good for you, make sure to take plenty of pictures and document everything.  You know there will be someone (sitting in his nest) disputing whatever the attendance numbers are, so have your forensic evidence ready. 

10 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Good for you, make sure to take plenty of pictures and document everything.  You know there will be someone (sitting in his nest) disputing whatever the attendance numbers are, so have your forensic evidence ready. 

I don't think it will matter...he'll spin it whatever way he sees fit. Either way, I won't be wasting even a nanosecond thinking about him. Going to enjoy the weather, beers, friends and Forge FC beating those guys from Alberta.

Does anyone happen to have the Laval roster at hand? I haven't been able to find an active version as the PLSQ season is only just starting to get underway. I'm assuming Wandrille Lefevre and Riad Bey will be playing tonight, but I'm otherwise unsure.