Forge FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

With the injury to Poku Ashtone's retirement could have a very bad impact on the team although he hasn't been fit for most of the season and I suspect that contributed to his decision! Good luck to him as he is a class individual who I have had the pleasure of chatting with numerous occasions, he will be missed!

Edited by gator

4 hours ago, gator said:

With the injury to Poku Ashtone's retirement could have a very bad impact on the team although he hasn't been fit for most of the season and I suspect that contributed to his decision! Good luck to him as he is a class individual who I have had the pleasure of chatting with numerous occasions, he will be missed!

How long is Poku out for?

^^^likely doesn't understand either, but hey I'm from Scotland originally so what do I know:

Brilliant to see. Well done to both clubs for providing such a great experience for the kids.
The future is bright!
👏🇬🇧

The bit at the end is based on a slogan used by a cellphone carrier in the UK called Orange and was latched onto in a big way by people in Rangers and Orange Order supporting sort of circles about twenty years back.

7 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

^^^likely doesn't understand either, but hey I'm from Scotland originally so what do I know:

Brilliant to see. Well done to both clubs for providing such a great experience for the kids.
The future is bright!
👏🇬🇧

The bit at the end is based on a slogan used by a cellphone carrier in the UK called Orange and was latched onto in a big way by people in Rangers and Orange Order supporting sort of circles about twenty years back.

I understand just fine but the complaints have nothing to do with Forge's orange jersey.

In fact, there are multiple Celtic-supporting fans in that comment section who say they are no longer supporting Forge, which means they were just fine with the colour choice by Hamilton's CPL team prior to this Instagram post.

Or maybe they didn't understand either. 🙄

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been away and not paying close attention for a few weeks, so was surprised that Borges and Choiniere were not on the bench or playing last night. I presume they're injured, but CPL doesn't seem to like letting fans know what's going on with players, so I can't find any indication of their status/expected return etc. This persistent issue drives me nuts about Forge.

I am curious about Castello. He appears frequently in team social media posts and is listed on the CPL website as being an eligible U21 on a standard player contract...yet he is mysteriously absent every game. This includes yesterday when he was seen on Instagram arriving at the stadium, yet again, he was not in the lineup or on the bench.

Is he injured?

In the games he has appeared, he has shown promise and even scored a memorable goal. It is curious he is not around...puzzling to say the least.

Well, I guess no one knows the answer to any of the injury questions. At least not on this board. How hard would it be to post a roster update each week? Are the teams so short-staffed that there is no one who could take care of this? Given how long it takes for roster pages to be updated, I guess that may be the case.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...