2023 Voyageurs Cup

54 minutes ago, Kent said:

I will be very disappointed if they don't get over 2,500 for that game. We shall see I suppose!

I would be too, but I am curious what exactly is the capacity of York Lions Stadium these days and does that include those seats that are up a few levels that I have never seen or noticed being used for United? 

The main block of seats that they sell tickets for is around 3000 or so. By the time you add the supporters section and the small numbers of seats on the far side I doubt it's as high as 3500 at the moment unless they allow a lot of people to stand behind the goal and on the concourse.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Cheapest ticket for the VCup match vs. Vancouver is $25 and that is for the GA bleacher or in my case standing at the top of the sections on the concourse, a mere 13 rows from the pitch. I remember back in 2019 when they way over priced seats and then finally reduced them in time for the VCup match Montreal and drew a crowd of over 5K. Think those tickets were like $15 when they had the much bigger supporter section in the north end with all the food trucks and also the seats on the east side of the pitch that are long gone. York has really missed their mark if not many. 

3 hours ago, Cblake said:

Cheapest ticket for the VCup match vs. Vancouver is $25 and that is for the GA bleacher or in my case standing at the top of the sections on the concourse, a mere 13 rows from the pitch. I remember back in 2019 when they way over priced seats and then finally reduced them in time for the VCup match Montreal and drew a crowd of over 5K. Think those tickets were like $15 when they had the much bigger supporter section in the north end with all the food trucks and also the seats on the east side of the pitch that are long gone. York has really missed their mark if not many. 

Good idea with the cheap ticket and stand in the concourse. If you need a break you can always go sit in your seat at half time, but otherwise it's a better view from the concourse!

21 hours ago, Kent said:

Good idea with the cheap ticket and stand in the concourse. If you need a break you can always go sit in your seat at half time, but otherwise it's a better view from the concourse!

Yep , York Lions Stadium has 13 rows of seating in the stands, totaling 3,012 seats, plus an 80 accessible spots in row W14. That  gives you 3,092 tickets available each match for sale on ticketmaster plus what amount of GA Supporter tickets they sell. 

Grabbing a seat for the VCup double header last week was not a problem, heck the Halifax and Ottawa sections were empty for the second game as those fan bases did not stick around for the York- Vancouver FC match. It was night they let you leave between matches and come back in, went and grabbed a beer and burger in the York Lanes on campus, about a 5 min walk from the stadium. 

Edited by Cblake

On 4/27/2023 at 10:04 AM, Cblake said:

I was at the V Cup game vs Impact and I had the race car seats on field level and I think (not sure) I paid around 45$ ea. I really enjoyed that game (which York should of won btw).

On 4/29/2023 at 10:56 AM, MtlMario said:

I was at the V Cup game vs Impact and I had the race car seats on field level and I think (not sure) I paid around 45$ ea. I really enjoyed that game (which York should of won btw).

I remember it took forever to get into the stadium that day. I haven't had that problem with York United games since (been to like 4 or 5).

11 hours ago, Kent said:

I remember it took forever to get into the stadium that day. I haven't had that problem with York United games since (been to like 4 or 5).

Yeah, there is also an entrance in the southend of the stadium near the supporter bleacher and food trucks. Do not see that being an issue at all with the Whitecaps , lots of ticket left, this match was not priced to sell, cheapest ticket is about double what it was vs. MTL. 

59 minutes ago, narduch said:

I noticed that the 3 Caribbean qualifiers for 2024 Champions League won't be confirmed until December 7.

Which sort if debunks the statement that the Voyageurs Cup had to be completed by July

Totally, the US Open Cup quarterfinals are in June, the semi-finals on August 23rd and the final on September 27th. As this is to all qualify for the 2024 Champions League why the VCup had to be finished in June is beyond me. 

I would surmise that the clubs wanted it this way.  At least I sure hope that's the case.  With the league still in the fledgling stage, I think deferring to the CPL clubs in terms of what best fits for them makes sense.  

With a league that ultimately ends with a 'Cup Final' there can't be a Voyageurs Cup to end the year.  That would simply be confusing for too many people.  Which is a shame, because there would be no better way to end the Canadian soccer season than with the Voyageurs Cup!

On 5/8/2023 at 7:34 AM, narduch said:

Quarter finals start tomorrow. One Soccer's schedule isn't updated on Fubo. I assume they will show TFC V Montreal live.

All times ET.

Screenshot_20230508_224749_Chrome.jpg

Hoping for Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, and Pacific wins.

This would set up semifinals of Montréal at home to Ottawa and Pacific getting a home game against the Whitecaps. 

Both of those would be pretty well hyped and should get a decent amount of traveling away fans.

Who is the biggest underdog in this round? Is it York against Whitecaps or is it Rovers against Pacific? I'm going to go with Rovers being the bigger underdog. I think/kinda hope the gap between CPL and L1C is bigger than the gap between CPL and MLS, and even if it's the same, York has home field (if not crowd) advantage.

Next round is massive. 
But I still think Forge could win this whole thing.  (I hope they do)

It seems like they are the only team with continuity which goes a long way in knockout tournaments. 
They have a few more games to gel, and be ready for that matchup in the dump.

28 minutes ago, Shway said:

Next round is massive. 

It seems like they are the only team with continuity which goes a long way in knockout tournaments. 

They lost 3-0 to Montreal last year in the quarters.

I know this isn't the same Montreal team but they seem to have turned a corner now.

I will be shocked if Forge eliminate them

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Next round is massive. 

I'm glad you are pulling for our boys in orange but it would take an upset and most likely two of massive proportions for Forge to win it, besides playing Montreal on the road the MLS teams budget dwarf CPL and the gap in quality usually prevails! I agree with your point about the continuity and that surely helps, we can only hope!

Edited by gator