CF Montreal - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

34 minutes ago, wallflower said:

Waterman cannot handle pressure.

Miller is not consistent this year.

Camacho, when he plays, is either good or not.

I did not see the game but since Johnston got pulled, the question to be asked, is he overbought?

Johnston is a good player and value for money but not a position of need for Montreal. He's excellent as the right side CB in a back 3 or the RB in a back 4, but his talents are wasted at RWB where he has featured more than once. 

I think Montreal would be better if they settled on a back 3 of Miller, Camacho and Johnston and built around that, but there are too many matches with the CCL games to have a consistent lineup.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wish CFM got the same level of television coverage as TFC.  Would have PVR’d the game today if I had access to it.  

In French, their tv coverage is better than TFC/VWC. 1 hour pre-match show. 30 min post match show. Every match.

With flex channels packages offered by the likes of Rogers/Bell, it's no cost to add TVA while dumping a channel you never watch.

2 hours ago, brianjc said:

seems to be the same problem in Montreal, they let leads slip away in the last 10 minutes

Another Rudy special.  Gave a the free kick that led to the tying goal.  I have no idea how this guy keeps seeing minutes.  He's cost CFM so many points and games in the last 10 minutes, its absolutely ridiculous.

In fairness to Montreal, watching the MLS in 15 mins, they absolutely dominated and could have easily had 5 or 6 goals.  Atlanta’s second was a moment of brilliance and their third was clearly on Breza. No way someone should be able to score from there unless it’s a DeRo special and that free kick clearly was not.  Sure Rudy needlessly gave it away with a high boot but Breza should have had that. 

16 hours ago, An Observer said:

In fairness to Montreal, watching the MLS in 15 mins, they absolutely dominated and could have easily had 5 or 6 goals.  Atlanta’s second was a moment of brilliance and their third was clearly on Breza. No way someone should be able to score from there unless it’s a DeRo special and that free kick clearly was not.  Sure Rudy needlessly gave it away with a high boot but Breza should have had that. 

Loved the finish on the second but he really should have been closed down further out.  Miller and the other guy looked pretty poor get conned on the original fake shot.

Rudy "Guiliani" Camacho seems to always be a vortex for key mishaps and I always wonder why he's still on the team.  Having said that, for those of you who put significant creedence into analtyics, he rated higher than his back line partners on both fotmob and whoscored.  

Edited by BearcatSA

4 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Hot take…

Johnston isn’t a fit for Montreal’s system and style, think that he’s very good but they didn’t need him.

they had Bassong, Choniere, ZBG and could have either played Ferdinand or signed a FB like Awuah.

ZBG was excellent all year last year.

They seem to be alternating him between RWB and RCB.  Not an easy transition.  Even worse when your Center CB is Rudy, covering for his brainfarts ain't easy.  The goal fro Cruz Azul was also on Rudy.  He was in no-man's land and left Johnston with two guys to cover on a cross.

Rudy has got to go, bring Yao back now please.

Just now, costarg said:

They seem to be alternating him between RWB and RCB.  Not an easy transition.  Even worse when your Center CB is Rudy, covering for his brainfarts ain't easy.  The goal fro Cruz Azul was also on Rudy.  He was in no-man's land and left Johnston with two guys to cover on a cross.

Rudy has got to go, bring Yao back now please.

Not sure why they didn’t give Yao a shot and brought back Rudy.