CF Montreal - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

In the press conference today the club announced they have already started the process of redesigning the logo and are officially no longer Club de Foot Montreal, but now CF Montreal. They will also be more open to signing DP's if it makes sense for the roster, and will try to establish a healthy relationship with fans and supporter groups

Edited by Chad_Impact

On 3/19/2022 at 7:40 PM, red card said:

In French, their tv coverage is better than TFC/VWC. 1 hour pre-match show. 30 min post match show. Every match.

With flex channels packages offered by the likes of Rogers/Bell, it's no cost to add TVA while dumping a channel you never watch.

Thanks for the tip.

I actually swapped in TVA Sports and RDS.

I will be able to watch today's Montreal game now

Seems they are stuck with two keepers both decent enough to be backups and neither shining 

one more proven defender and those strikers back would help but some decent pieces if Djordje and Quito stay healthy. And watching Wanyama and Kone is worth price of admission. 

Hoping too see first home game against TFC in July.  Don’t see many deals on tickets at the moment. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:05 PM, narduch said:

Montreal are already pretty bad.

Imagine when they lose him?

Bit harsh to be fair.  Nice to watch Canadian talent get minutes and develop.  Quito has worked out well.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized that one of Montreal’s DP is Bjorn Johnsen making over a million American a year lol , he is a striker signed last year an American born in New York City but has played a few games with the Norwegian national team . When was the last time this guy even played lol? A perfect example of a team waisting a DP slot .

4 hours ago, SoccMan said:

A perfect example of a team waisting a roster slot .

Fixed.   Wow never realized he was making that much, thought he was a filler/hopeful signing at maybe two hundred thousand, wasn't expecting much when he signed but a million is ridiculous.

Hope Mihalovic got a raise.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

30 minutes ago, costarg said:

Do we get a refund for the merch we purchased?  2 years is very short for a logo.

I'm ok with the logo changing, but I'm soo over the Impact name.  Might not be a popular opinion, but to me It's just toxic at this point.  I'm hoping they stick with CF Montreal.

I would be willing to accept a compromise.  Why not accept that CF Montreal is the official name BUT have the Impact as a nickname.  Similar to Manchester United, whose nickname is the Red Devils.

Just a thought.

That's the part i don't understand, everyone is throwing around the nickname compromise.  Since when does a nickname need to be official or accepted in order to catch on?  I've never seen the Canadiens encourage or discourage "the habs" but it's still accepted.  

2 hours ago, costarg said:

Do we get a refund for the merch we purchased?  2 years is very short for a logo.

I'm ok with the logo changing, but I'm soo over the Impact name.  Might not be a popular opinion, but to me It's just toxic at this point.  I'm hoping they stick with CF Montreal.

I'm sure they'll provide some sort of trade in but I have to say I really don't get how you find it toxic on the fan side (if that is what you're implying). Yes it has been a deep issue, and I don't mean to be argumentative but I'd confidently say 80% or more of fans want this name back in one way or another. The toxicity came from the club who decided to completely ignore fan culture and sentiment. Fighting back against these blind corporate decisions gets rebrands turned back or at least revisited, as is shown with Columbus, Chicago, many european clubs, and now us. 

I doubt they bring back the Impact name fully but it'll have to be incorporated somehow to get everybody on board, and hopefully they've made the right decisions to do that. A compromise as you guys mentioned. 

Everybody watch Seattle's CCL win last night? Well those amazing scenes for NA soccer don't come out of nowhere. Seattle recognized it has something most MLS teams and the league as a whole are dying for, history. They adapted their brand while following their clubs tradition, allowed fan culture to grow around the team, and have put the right people in management positions. Montreal and the Impact name have real history, and can still take advantage of it. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

59 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

I doubt they bring back the Impact name fully but it'll have to be incorporated somehow to get everybody on board, and hopefully they've made the right decisions to do that. A compromise as you guys mentioned. 

the challenge is now to get the Ultras Montreal on board with a compromise that can be acceptable to everyone, including them

4 hours ago, reggietfc said:

Has a tfc fan,i hate to say it but mtl have been solid,they are leap years ahead of tfc.

Why???  Montreal is looking good...it just makes it sweeter when you put them to the sword later on eh??

The defense seems to be gelling nicely and is it just me or does Miller get a head on a lot of corners for Montreal.  Why cant we take advantage of that for Canada??