CF Montreal - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

47 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Let’s pretend I am a simple anglophone. Where would I click? Every link seems to take me to some page where I am supposed to “ACTIVATE” something. 

http://www.tsisports.ca/soccer/ligue/l_statEq.aspx?eq=9905001-2022&ch=CPL&lng=fr&valid=yf4yrwpgup1hrnzgxl2zntum

They have a player named Joey Saputo

Edited by narduch

• 3 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multicultural_London_English

The effect of immigration on a massive scale has changed the accent amongst younger people in London, England in a big way away from the traditional Cockney. Much the same idea as the present day GTA type accent vs the older Ontario one that is still the norm in smaller towns and cities.

4 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why it took this long to put Choiniere back at LB

Pretty sure he'll be starting again after seeing the way Lappi just dropped his man and watched the play on Charlottes goal.  I suspect CFM was just trying to put Lappi in the shop window for a trade, he just doesn't fit the system.  

Way to go for Choiniere, he's playing with so much confidence and really showing his versatility.  Goal within 2 minutes of coming on is the best way to win a starting spot back.

Same for ZBG, an assist within 5 minutes of starting only his 2nd match all year.  I really hope this bumps Johnston back to RCB.  Unfortunately Waterman might end up seeing the bench that way once Miller comes back from injury.  Crazy to think a RWB with 2 goals and 2 assists in 298 minutes with only 2 starts is riding the bench.  Gonna go post this on his own page.....

As much as i have liked how Montreal has performed this year and I like the looks of the team, they need to tighten up their defence to stay where they are.  They are only +3 overall and they have allowed more goals than any team but 2 in the East division and only better than 4 overall.  That has to improve in the second half of the season.

10 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Why did we not start the same lineup barring injuries?? Why is Lassi anywhere NEAR the starting lineup game after game??? What am I missing 

I have the same question every time I see the 11, I just don't get it, and how is ZBG still riding the bench?  Johnston at RWB instead of RCB?  

I'm a big fan of Nancy, but i'd love to ask him the questions.  Waterman and Camacho are making too many mistakes, at this point i'm hoping Henry comes to CFM to shore up the backline.  Miller/Henry/Johnston at club and country would be incredible.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

I have the same question every time I see the 11, I just don't get it, and how is ZBG still riding the bench?  Johnston at RWB instead of RCB?  

I'm a big fan of Nancy, but i'd love to ask him the questions.  Waterman and Camacho are making too many mistakes, at this point i'm hoping Henry comes to CFM to shore up the backline.  Miller/Henry/Johnston at club and country would be incredible.

I love Nancy so far too but I'm starting to think he could be a manager who's prone to overthinking, or being too "cute", with his lineups. There was absolutely no reason to not go with the same lineup, other than lassi, as last week with everyone healthy. Choiniere at LWB and ZBG at RWB should be absolute locks.

Yeah Camacho is so hot and cold it's annoying. I think Waterman is a good player he just can't be moved around so much. He reminds me of Joachim Andersen. He's good (sometimes great) at what he does, which is a ball playing CB who isn't amazing defensively but can get the job done. You just can't be moving him around from LCB, to RCB, then playing in the middle. Ideally I'd like to see  Choiniere - Miller - Waterman - Johnston - ZBG get a run of starts. 

I still think Johnston has been DISAPPOINTING since he got to Montreal.

Maybe he doesn't like Montreal. Maybe he is just not a happy dude in Quebec! Kind of like Derek Cornelius in Vancouver who just never seemed in the zone in terms of the city. Wrong coordinates for him.

I think a lot of player evaluation fails to consider some of these externalities relating to locale.

9 minutes ago, wallflower said:

Maybe he doesn't like Montreal. Maybe he is just not a happy dude in Quebec! Kind of like Derek Cornelius in Vancouver who just never seemed in the zone in terms of the city. Wrong coordinates for him.

I think a lot of player evaluation fails to consider some of these externalities relating to locale.

They don't use him the same way Nashville did

10 hours ago, wallflower said:

He always seems to be getting assists though so he doesn't look all that bad.

13 hours ago, wallflower said:

His biggest challenge has been finding the balance between playing as an attacking RWB and covering for his fairly weaker line-mates to the left (Waterman and Camacho).  You can find him sliding in at the last minute to save a pass or shot cause Waterman and/or Camacho just lost their man and positioning.