Under 23 qualifying roster speculation

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2019 at 4:14 PM, Shway said:

I made a stats tracking list of all the U23 players. It consist of minutes played in 2019. I chose to exclude some duals simply based on that I couldn't find any information.

*Note: I also excluded u23 eligible players that have senior caps, the only exception is Busti. Godinho, Brault-Guillard, Millar, David, Davies, Miller, Tabla & Cornelius - that is a serious solid core

Here's the list: Canada U23 Players

Updated. 

31 minutes ago, Shway said:

Fixed, sorry about that. 

That is an impressive list, close to 100 players.  4 years ago it would probably have been difficult to compile a similar list of 50 players and this doesn't include any prospects in NCAA and Usports and the U23s with the National team.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

13 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Looks like Cristian Gutierrez is leaving his club, MLS Canadian teams should be calling and a prefect time for Canada to call him. 

I don't think he is worth capping at this point. Chances are he ends up in CPL. Time for young players to start earning caps instead of gifting them because of having a dual nationality

Just now, deschamp86 said:

I don't think he is worth capping at this point. Chances are he ends up in CPL. Time for young players to start earning caps instead of gifting them because of having a dual nationality

Might get a shot at Whitecaps given their lack of LB depth. The fact he almost joined Valour last year likely means CPL is more than possible. 

IMO, this is our best U23 lineup. 

Screenshot_20191203-142539_Chrome.thumb.jpg.77b4404ab998e8d57e8f262384ba017e.jpg

Its possible that this entire team wouldn't be available for the tournament, so below is a look at what I perceive to be the next player up:

Depth spots:
ST: Bair, Campbell, Ongaro
CAM: Borges, Grondin
LW: Zanatta, Shaffelburg,
RW: Bahiya, Ennin, Johnson
CDM: Okello, Fazili, Norman Jr.,
LB: Abzi, Langwa
RB: Godinho, Hamilton
CB: Meilleur-Giguere, N’sa, Montgomery
GK: Busti, St Clair, Pantemis

5 hours ago, Shway said:

IMO, this is our best U23 lineup. 

Screenshot_20191203-142539_Chrome.thumb.jpg.77b4404ab998e8d57e8f262384ba017e.jpg

Its possible that this entire team wouldn't be available for the tournament, so below is a look at what I perceive to be the next player up:

Depth spots:
ST: Bair, Campbell, Ongaro
CAM: Borges, Grondin
LW: Zanatta, Shaffelburg,
RW: Bahiya, Ennin, Johnson
CDM: Okello, Fazili, Norman Jr.,
LB: Abzi, Langwa
RB: Godinho, Hamilton
CB: Meilleur-Giguere, N’sa, Montgomery
GK: Busti, St Clair, Pantemis

Wow,  that is a damned strong lineup! Just goes to show how young our national team is when you see all those starters on the U23 selection.  I know we won't see many of these guys--from the "best" lineup--in the tournament, but I would love to see what they might achieve.