York9 - 2019 Season Thread

On 5/23/2019 at 12:09 PM, Gopherbashi said:

Considering that they're calling for 15-20mm of rain & thunderstorms on Saturday, I think CBC's going to be showing two hours of weather delay this weekend.

Ya it will be another poor turnout. 80 percent chance of rain at 4pm. 

14 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

York9 is starting to figure things out and are offering tickets for June 5th game in the Canadian Championships for just $10 plus tax. 

For season ticket holders only so far, but yes, that price is absolutely a sigh of relief (and honestly a little cheap IMO)

1 hour ago, Gopherbashi said:

For season ticket holders only so far, but yes, that price is absolutely a sigh of relief (and honestly a little cheap IMO)

A little cheap? That's $13 with tax (are there fees?). Even now - 13-years in, I can see TFC tickets for their first Canadian Championship game listed on Ticketmaster for $17 (including HST!) plus the Ticketmaster fee.

Checking my cost price on my TFC ticket I already have for that match- it says $10 including tax - so that's $8.85.

TFC season ticket holders have been offered extra tickets for the harder-to-sell matches before at the price they've paid - especially in the earlier years. Surely York9 tickets should be cheaper than TFC tickets ... that's sounds about equal (if not more expensive) for an earlier round of the competition.

It's a great move though ... I was tempted, and checked my calendar ... but I think my daughter's school play will trump it.

Edited by nfitz

18 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

York9 is starting to figure things out and are offering tickets for June 5th game in the Canadian Championships for just $10 plus tax. 

It's because it's not include in the season package lol. It'd be a hell of a nice price to see for the league matches as well.

The Y9 staff is trying to figure out how much they can lower prices for the league matches without undercutting those who got seasons already.

19 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

That's a pretty nice gesture. On the other side of things, Halifax raised the all-in price of my seat by $5 for the Cup match against Valour on June 5. Disappointed, but I still gave them my money....😒

4 minutes ago, ironcub14 said:

It's because it's not include in the season package lol. It'd be a hell of a nice price to see for the league matches as well.

The Y9 staff is trying to figure out how much they can lower prices for the league matches without undercutting those who got seasons already.

I expect a reduction in season ticket prices next season. The Argos did the same thing when they struggled in their first season at BMO. 

1 hour ago, HfxCeltic said:

That's a pretty nice gesture. On the other side of things, Halifax raised the all-in price of my seat by $5 for the Cup match against Valour on June 5. Disappointed, but I still gave them my money....😒

You're still probably getting a pretty good deal compared to the ticket prices of most of the other CPL teams.

Edited by Grandbloke