York9 - 2019 Season Thread

1 hour ago, ironcub14 said:

Wednesdays are going to be horrific because of the corporate/youth club season base, but it's still quite worrying when you compare it to the other six clubs.

Yeah, I think they probably will have to lower prices for next season. It’s no good (for the optics at least) to have many of your sold tickets not materialize into attendance. 

1000 would be surprising because that was the prevailing estimate from the weekend match against Pacific, and midweek is going to be a smaller draw no matter what team you're talking about.

Even allowing from a decent chunk of fans in the SG & corner suites, 1000 people would mean the main stands are at least 1/4 full.

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Seeing as this came in for a bit of flak here is a picture from the league website:

DJC3826-e1561001812928.jpg

Stop this nonsense. I was there. Turnout was bad, but claiming it was 200 is completely ridiculous. One little narrow-frame shot isn’t evidence of anything either. I really don’t get what your problem is... every game you do this. 

Yeah there was, but what's the point of sharing it. It definitely wasn't 1000. It was probably over 200, but any 3-digit actual attendance is a jolt to the system.

This just popped into the back of my head. I know the club had a MBA, a former OHL player, who was the Manager for marketing. I wanted to see what was happening with him, since I think we all agree the club needs to put far more staff and money into marketing. The guy just left last month after a year on the job.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/parker-van-buskirk-bb657513b

4 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Is there any photos of the stands during the game?

Should be pretty easy to count the fans. 

There's a brief shot in the highlights of the 100-300 sections + a bit of the 400 but nothing more than that.  A few good shots of the SG and the corner suites and I'd guess about 70-80 there.  I don't think Zeelaw is too far off the mark overall (though I suspect 200 is at the lower end of the range myself).

Even if his count was half the actual total, that we're arguing about 200 v 400 and trying to count fans in a photo - I don't think leads us to any different conclusion than a specific number would.

Firstly, I am LatinInuk from the old site. For some reason I couldn't log on into my old account so I am assuming the transfer has not been made.

Secondly, I am doing the away game in Montreal. It's just a day before I go to Iqaluit so perfect timing. I will also do the home leg so it should be a lot of fun... big Nathan to show up and keep us in a 0-0 draw 😁

On 6/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, Ingham said:

Firstly, I am LatinInuk from the old site. For some reason I couldn't log on into my old account so I am assuming the transfer has not been made.

Secondly, I am doing the away game in Montreal. It's just a day before I go to Iqaluit so perfect timing. I will also do the home leg so it should be a lot of fun... big Nathan to show up and keep us in a 0-0 draw 😁

DM @admin to get a name change.  I had too.