York9 - 2019 Season Thread

Aside from not having a lot of people in the stands and the so-so play on the pitch, the stadium looked all right on tv.

It had the look of an Eastern European stadium with the track. It made the stadium look larger than it is and much larger than when I was watching it for the Pan Am games. Pitch looked fine and better than NYCFC narrow pitch. 

The people that were there came sounded good on the stream. First time in the CPL for hearing trumpets. 

Edited by red card

11 minutes ago, red card said:

The people that were there came sounded good on the stream. First time in the CPL for hearing trumpets. 

LOL.

I think I've heard Bagpipes at another match, believe it was Pacific FC.

5 hours ago, Rintaran said:

Can confirm. Bagpipes are always heard at Pacific FC home matches. The Lake Side Buoys have a phenomenal piper.

Is it the guy formerly known as Mad Cap Mac?

Edited by Kwar
Typo

All the sound files from the post game press conference. 

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york099.htm  

York 9 head coach Jimmy Brennan, then Ryan Telfer, then Blainville head coach Emmanuel Macagno with midfielder Wandrill Lefevre, then York 9's Luca Gasparotto.  

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york100.htm

Some stadium pictures of the layout at York Lions Stadium. 

I'm working on my game report which I'll just keep amending this post.  

Edited by Rocket Robin
another link added

7 hours ago, zeelaw said:

Thank you.  The prospect of paying $15 every time was really pissing me off.

QFT

23 hours ago, Reign said:

Look like 6-700 in there very first home game. Pretty horrible. 

I still enjoyed it....even if I needed a hot beverage to keep warm.

coffee zone.png

18 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Going to be a very wet one here in Toronto today, hope it does not impact the match too much. 

I'm hopeful it won't be as bad as we fear - radar seems to show most of the rain clearing out by noon, but who knows what pops up after that.

What is the going price for tickets today? Thinking of bringing my young son to his first soccer game but don't want to spend a lot since he won't really sit for the whole game so we will likely just be taking in the sights.

20 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

What is the going price for tickets today? Thinking of bringing my young son to his first soccer game but don't want to spend a lot since he won't really sit for the whole game so we will likely just be taking in the sights.

You can get decent seats for under $35

https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/york9-fc-vs-forge-fc/event/10005674C72A4363

23 minutes ago, narduch said:

Surely they should be $20 if not $15. There's cheaper than $35 still available for this week's TFC match! Lots of pairs for that listed at $19 and $20 including all fees and taxes.

Looking at the forecast for a 4pm kickoff - 21C and no chance of precipitation - chance of showers after 6pm. So no weather excuses!

Edited by nfitz

Looks like Ticketmaster has York9 General admission tickets for $27 (including taxes and fees). Beyond that, there seems to be a single resale ticket at $22 - presumably season-holder resales would be low for the opener.

Seems to me that they should be pricing lower ... bring both kids and it's $81! Should be $45 surely in a half-empty stadium for cheapest.