York9 - 2019 Season Thread

13 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I've had a pet theory for a while that I haven't posted more than maybe once either here or on Reddit (because I couldn't back it up sufficiently with images that clearly show the problem) that they didn't look at the sight lines carefully enough before starting to sell expensive seats close to the field that have the potential to partially block the field of play from the vantage point of the regular seating. The bleachers were set so far back and are so low that I'd be very surprised if it isn't an issue. It's not likely to be as big a problem on the main grandstand side since the seats are raised quite high relative to the track, but I'd definitely avoid the first few rows just in case.

I would be surprised if sight line was the issue. The bleachers in question (see my photos below) are raised. But this is certainly mysterious, and is begging for a proper journalist to ask questions. The whole stadium issue has been concerning. Add this to what I had heard about York U apparently footing most of the renovations (which pisses me off to no ends as an employee of the University).

912920-Large-york-lions-stadium-toronto-

Finally found suitable pictures. If you have a set of tables set back a bit from where those bins are (because that's a bit too close to the action) with people sitting on high stools so they can get a decent view, how much of the field are you likely to see if you are further back behind the track? I agree the bleachers are raised somewhat, but not to the extent that the main stand is. They needed to be able to place the bleachers over the track and raise them substantially for this expensive table seats placement to work well.

York-2-1.png

20 hours ago, Team Canada said:

I hope you're right and we are all surprised --- I doubt we will be....by next year I think you will really see what the market is for Y9, once the bells and whistles and novelty has worn off......

Ticketmaster now has a $33 option in sections 200 and 800 for tonight.  

Doesn't make sense that they would purposely hold these tickets back. 

The Saturday match still only has the $27 and $50 options

2 hours ago, narduch said:

This is a bit of an aside, but I will die of laughter if York Region doesn't even exist anymore in a few years after Doug Ford is finished doing his review of regional government in the GTA.

Ugh. Not here please. 

5 hours ago, narduch said:

Ticketmaster now has a $33 option in sections 200 and 800 for tonight.  

Doesn't make sense that they would purposely hold these tickets back. 

The Saturday match still only has the $27 and $50 options

They just released three full rows in the back of Section 200 - for $32 for Saturday --- "shocking" that they have not sold all those seats as appeared to be the case only hours ago while "forcing" people to buy $50 seats only in the middle for the last week or two --- what are the odds even more tickets appear as the game gets closer.....maybe I would have bought 4 tickets had there been cheaper ones available earlier on for kids and families --- but no worries, now that there is a forecast for a big thunderstorm on Saturday, I have no desire to buy any seats now! -- I guess waiting to release cheaper seats until the end is not always the best idea?! --- have fun soccer moms and dads sitting outside with your kids, my hunch is it will be very empty on Saturday.....I'll be indoors and dry with my kids that day watching on CBC and you won't have sold four tickets to me that you could have had you marketed properly from the beginning!

20 minutes ago, Team Canada said:

Shocking......I am sure this will be a regular occurrence throughout the year.....

If they cant sell 3000 tickets for a home opener, they wont last long. I predict york will be the first team to relocate. They play on a university campus. Market the team to students as well. 

20 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

If they cant sell 3000 tickets for a home opener, they wont last long. I predict york will be the first team to relocate. They play on a university campus. Market the team to students as well. 

I agree....I will be shocked if they are still here in 5 years too ----- Marketing to families outside of Season Tickets sales might be a good idea as well.....just crazy ideas we are coming up with here, this clearly requires a whole marketing team to come up with this revolutionary kind of stuff....😀

I'd wait to see if they can get their stadium situation sorted out.

Honestly, while its not the best location, they should consider moving to Ontario Soccer Centre in the interim and finishing the expansion to 5,000 seats that TFC II never completed. Lobby the league to have most home matches at 4pm on Saturdays so that traffic isn't that much of an issue.

I'm not ready to write them off just yet.

Edited by narduch

The location to me to actually good. Its close to a subway and far enough away from where tfc play you can get a different crowd. They should have student specials and advertise on the biggest campus in canada. It seems like they haveno relationship with york u at all. I get emails as an alumni of york u with a discount code for tfc games but i havent seen a thing about york9. I think this year york will be at the bottom attendance wise hopefully they get their shit together before its too late. I wanted to ditch tfc and support york9 but i cant see it happening. 

46 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

Wow... I’m not sure where the negativity in some of the above posts is coming from. We’re four games in or whatever, and there are a couple of people speculating as to when York 9 FC will fold. Sounds like good old fashioned trolling to me. 

Probably started with the fact that they appear to have shut an entire stand down.

Plus you have a couple of potential fans turned off by the pricing.

Edited by narduch

51 minutes ago, narduch said:

Probably started with the fact that they appear to have shut an entire stand down.

Plus you have a couple of potential fans turned off by the pricing.

So the pricing is about half of what TFC is for commensurately locates seasons, and we have no evidence (they’ve yet to play a home game) that York 9 FC’s attendance will be a problem. 

7 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

So the pricing is about half of what TFC is for commensurately locates seasons, and we have no evidence (they’ve yet to play a home game) that York 9 FC’s attendance will be a problem. 

Its an internet forum though. We love to speculate.