OneSoccer

Foreen

57 minutes ago, narduch said:

I see it up on the app under New. You have to swipe by a few programs

Tried that on the app, on my app on appletv and even on the website. None of the matches are there. It must be that they don’t offer that outside of Canada or at least in Hong Kong which sucks as there is a 12 or 13 hour time difference. Anyone also having similar issues outside of Canada?

4 hours ago, An Observer said:

Tried that on the app, on my app on appletv and even on the website. None of the matches are there. It must be that they don’t offer that outside of Canada or at least in Hong Kong which sucks as there is a 12 or 13 hour time difference. Anyone also having similar issues outside of Canada?

I'm in Canada and can't get them either.

18 hours ago, An Observer said:

This is what I see on my app on my phone. And it’s the same for my Apple TV app and their website on my ipad

17FA5957-6458-48AC-B47F-CD57D52401D4.png

What type of phone? If that's an Apple phone, try on an Android and see if it's there. It's there on my Android. Perhaps I'll try my wife's Apple phone.

I just wanted to say that I know and understand so many of the complaints, and they're all valid.  But, I subscribed for the month to get all the Canada games, and my schedule worked out that I was able to watch them all live on my laptop.  I recognize that hit the "perfect scenario" for me, but just wanted to throw some positivity out there for the service.

8 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I just wanted to say that I know and understand so many of the complaints, and they're all valid.  But, I subscribed for the month to get all the Canada games, and my schedule worked out that I was able to watch them all live on my laptop.  I recognize that hit the "perfect scenario" for me, but just wanted to throw some positivity out there for the service.

Honestly, this is the first time I have subbed to a streaming service other than Netflix and I am loving it.  It isn’t perfect - I often get an error message when trying to cast it to my Apple TV (and my smart TV is too dumb to load new apps onto it) but the value is definitely there for anyone that is a fan of Canadian footy.  

I originally saw it basically as a way to subsidize the CPL, but the fact is that they went all in on Canadian soccer.  And with the duration of the agreement that takes them out past 2026, I assume they will seek out opportunities to continue to enhance the value of the product until that time.  Grabbing the CCL games is a great example of that. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Honestly, this is the first time I have subbed to a streaming service other than Netflix and I am loving it.  It isn’t perfect - I often get an error message when trying to cast it to my Apple TV (and my smart TV is too dumb to load new apps onto it) but the value is definitely there for anyone that is a fan of Canadian footy.  

I originally saw it basically as a way to subsidize the CPL, but the fact is that they went all in on Canadian soccer.  And with the duration of the agreement that takes them out past 2026, I assume they will seek out opportunities to continue to enhance the value of the product until that time.  Grabbing the CCL games is a great example of that. 

Glitches and confusing-lack-of-on-demand-immediately-after-a-match-has-finished, I'm pretty happy with the service. If you had told me two or three years ago that I could sign up for a single streaming service that included the CPL, Can Champ, CMNT, CWNT, CCL and (select) top flight matches from France, Mexico and Brazil, I'd have thought you were mad. If they can slowly expand to include other leagues (MLS, Scottish Premiership, A-League, more Ligue 1), I think this could really take off. 

Also, for what it's worth: In the absence of official viewership/revenue info from One Soccer, I've been keeping an eye on the numbers from their Youtube Channel. As I write this, they've managed a cumulative total of 2,220,623 views (across all videos) in less than two years, with a big bump (circa 400,000) coming in the last couple of weeks with the Olympic/WC qualifiers. The Canada-Cayman Islands highlights already have 81,630 views - and they were only uploaded 14 hours ago. If they can keep expanding their rights to quality content and bring in more viewers, I think this will start to make a difference not only in paid subscriptions but in people getting more curious about the CPL. 

49 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

Glitches and confusing-lack-of-on-demand-immediately-after-a-match-has-finished, I'm pretty happy with the service. If you had told me two or three years ago that I could sign up for a single streaming service that included the CPL, Can Champ, CMNT, CWNT, CCL and (select) top flight matches from France, Mexico and Brazil, I'd have thought you were mad. If they can slowly expand to include other leagues (MLS, Scottish Premiership, A-League, more Ligue 1), I think this could really take off. 

Also, for what it's worth: In the absence of official viewership/revenue info from One Soccer, I've been keeping an eye on the numbers from their Youtube Channel. As I write this, they've managed a cumulative total of 2,220,623 views (across all videos) in less than two years, with a big bump (circa 400,000) coming in the last couple of weeks with the Olympic/WC qualifiers. The Canada-Cayman Islands highlights already have 81,630 views - and they were only uploaded 14 hours ago. If they can keep expanding their rights to quality content and bring in more viewers, I think this will start to make a difference not only in paid subscriptions but in people getting more curious about the CPL. 

Make sure to like the videos as this may help the video be suggested to other Canadian soccer loving viewers that may not follow CanMNT as much.

6 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Make sure to like the videos as this may help the video be suggested to other Canadian soccer loving viewers that may not follow CanMNT as much.

yeah, I'm liking the videos, and commenting even replying to some trolls. I figure trolls can have a use too. I reply to them, they come back and give them another view to respond to me. Increases the popularity of the video and it might get recommended to others.

It's encouraging to see the increase in numbers. So far it seems most of the growth is from Besiktas fans or fans from other CONCACAF nations, but hopefully we will see more and more Canadian fans migrate to them as well and subscribe to the service.

31 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm getting a kick out of the Red Patch Boys forum having a meltdown over this news.

But not surprised that TSN is not interested in the CONCACAF Champions League anymore, it seems to me that apart from the big tournaments World Cups , Euros and a Canadian team in an MLS Cup final or a semifinal sort of thing soccer does not come even close to NBA, NHL MLB , CFL and even curling in terms of ratings compared to those leagues .Therefore, if it’s not one of the big soccer events that I mentioned above the ratings are very low . As an aside the Canada US game at BMO Field in the Nations League that Canada won had what 15000 or so in a 30000 seat stadium at BMO Field . In the biggest city in our country against a big rival in a game that meant something and still the place was half full.  The game still has a lot of work to do in order for it to grow and get more of the attention of the general sports fan ,therefore not surprised our mainstream TV networks  have slowly started to show less and less soccer unfortunately when they know the ratings will be low .

Edited by SoccMan

43 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

But not surprised that TSN is not interested in the CONCACAF Champions League anymore, it seems to me that apart from the big tournaments World Cups , Euros and a Canadian team in an MLS Cup final or a semifinal sort of thing soccer does not come even close to NBA, NHL MLB , CFL and even curling in terms of ratings compared to those leagues .Therefore, if it’s not one of the big soccer events that I mentioned above the ratings are very low . As an aside the Canada US game at BMO Field in the Nations League that Canada won had what 15000 or so in a 30000 seat stadium at BMO Field . In the biggest city in our country against a big rival in a game that meant something and still the place was half full.  The game still has a lot of work to do in order for it to grow and get more of the attention of the general sports fan ,therefore not surprised our mainstream TV networks  have slowly started to show less and less soccer unfortunately when they know the ratings will be low .

I know that they had problems monetizing it because of it's mid-day times, but it's the Champions League that I'm always surprised the radio stations didn't push more as a discussion point. Because while people there's an obvious split in terms of what leagues people follow, I would assume that just about every soccer fan enjoys the CL (to various degrees), and the final is one of the most viewed events on earth. It's the "big event" that people tune in to, even more casual fans.

Edited by Watchmen

The big remaining question for me is whether or not OS will go for some of the Canadian team MLS rights going forward.   That could be a big win for the platform as they might capture (relatively) larger pools of interested parties that follow one of the 3 teams. I have no idea how feasible that is given the existing relationships between the 3 teams and the big telecoms, but it seems like a pretty obvious strategy for OS (aside from grabbing regional rights to a tier 1 league). 

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

The big remaining question for me is whether or not OS will go for some of the Canadian team MLS rights going forward.   That could be a big win for the platform as they might capture (relatively) larger pools of interested parties that follow one of the 3 teams. I have no idea how feasible that is given the existing relationships between the 3 teams and the big telecoms, but it seems like a pretty obvious strategy for OS (aside from grabbing regional rights to a tier 1 league). 

Does One Soccer actually have a deal for CCL or did TSN just sub-license them these two games as they decided it was not worth it for them ratings wise to show it especially with the home leg being played in a minor league facility in Kissimmee. Then the question comes who is actually responsible for putting boots on the ground and producing the home leg as the host broadcaster vs Leon? 

I wonder what the cost of sub letting the Lille games are?

How would people feel if the strategy was actually picking up games/teams with Canadians in it rather than random leagues. 

Honestly I haven't invested any time in any of the Brazilian/Mexican or womens games as I have no reason to invest in it so won't set aside time. Would I watch Besiktas games, Bayern for Davies, Eustaquios? Likely. Hell probably the majority of us hardcores that have one soccer would watch more Charlton games than people that watch the Brazilian games. 

Really make it the Canadian hub. Maybe its to expense in comparison to buying rights to entire leagues. Would be an interesting approach though.

Edited by toontownman